Nemesis magnetic switch and kick questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got my first mech after a ton of reading. Obviously, after a ton of reading I concluded that the Nemesis best fits my needs and price point. Thankfully, it is a sexy .... as well.

I assume that my attys will be somewhat important as far as the switch question because weight and fire the atty inadvertently. I currently have a Russian 91%, and have on order a kayfun Lite Plus and an Aqua, as well as a KFL+ Clone from tobecco... weighing my dripping options as well, but I am thinking it will be a Cyclone. I have not held the Aqua in my hand yet, but I understand it is heavier than the Russian/kayfun.

My questions are fairly simple (I hope). What benefits are to be gained from switching to the magnetic switch? I looked at the voltage drop (0.00) and the amperage drop (0.01, advantage to mechanical switch)) differential in a sticky elsewhere and IMO it was a non-issue.

Next, what kick should I look at if any? I like to run my Russian at ~6.5-7.2 watts on a micro coil depending on the set up. I tend to stick with micro coils from 1.4-1.6 ohms. I am not a huge cloud chaser, more of a flavor hound. Right now I like the evolv V2.

TIA.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
well the magnets dont really change the conductivity, they are stronger then the spring though and make the throw a little smoother.

the Evolv kick itself may be a problem as it seems they are out of stock everywhere (usually a sigh something new is coming)

the only other drop in i would use myself would be the VV/VW crown2 from artisan vaping.

overall the Nemi is an awesome mod and I love mine.

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
Which ever Kick you decide on, you may or may not need to do a little sanding to get it to slip in properly.

I'm not a Purist, but like good quality devices. I have 5 Nemesis(Replicas) and use Kicks in all 5. My tanks are Ithaka, Kayfun and 2 Carto Tanks with Killer 705's.

All 5 have been changed to Magnetic switches. Magnets can vary a bit in actual field strength. This isn't a big problem and can be adjusted by simply adding a thin nylon spacer under the base magnet to bring both closer when released. This also reduces wobble if sat down unlocked.
1 out of 5 tries to fire(just setup) and the rest work great. I'll be tweaking that one tomorrow.

No problem supporting the heaviest tanks filled to the top even in 18650 mode with Kick.:D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread