new cartos taste like burnt metal with little to no vapor. HELP!

Status
Not open for further replies.

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA
I bought boge cartos from liberty flights and it tastes like burnt metal. Is this normal?

also it produces very little vapor. I have to take a 10 second hit for it to produce a tiny amount of smoke.

I have 10 cartos and I opened 4 and 1 of them hits well but 3 are all tasting like burnt metal with no vapor.

I bought these from Liberty.

Is this normal?

madjack

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Aug 17, 2011
Central Louisiana
No, it's not really normal. Did you use enough juice? They hold around 1 ml or about 25-30 drops. It's really important to fill the cartomizers completely or they will burn.

...especially the firsts fill...I like to fill a syringe with 1+ml and fill till they flood out...and then drip a little around the outer edges to ensure they are filled completely..............
madjack:2cool:

LauraBolyard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 10, 2011
west palm beach
Yah, what they said!! I had that trial and error at first. Yuck! Burnt a few!! Everyone does it differently, but I condom fill until it comes up above the filler, let it drain out of the bottom then add a few more drops around the edges of the mouth end and let drain again. Take a few VERY light puffs (battery off) while rotating to make sure it's filled and evenly!

kjonesy

Moved On
Aug 13, 2011
Los Angeles
  • Deleted by oldsoldier
  • Reason: Afilliate link spammer

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA

swedishfish

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 28, 2010
NJ
wow that works.
I am sorry everyone for being ignorant and saying that I was filling it right.
Thank you guys once again.

Are they working OK?:banana:

Filling is the key! But it does take practice. We've all messed up cartos, spilled juice, you name it.
Next week, you'll be a pro!

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA
Yes they are starting to work better. The vapor is better but It still has a burnt/harsh effect on the throat, but I am using VG juice. I am going to take Swedishfishs' advice about using VG juice in cartomizers but i think my throat has had enough of this for today lol. Im going to give it a rest and start fresh early in the morning~!

goober

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2011
PA
..and I hope I will be pro next week. I wasn't trying to learn enough on my first day. I was quick to blame the distributor for faulty products. I'm on my first starter kit and I was talking as if I already knew all I needed to know about cartomizers. I guess the people who named it a "starter" kit knew what they were doing. lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread