New Forum Member, Needing help with a mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello all!

I've been vaping since Christmas, and I've also done some mods as well
CE2 tank Mods, custom USB Passthrough, etc.

What I really need help with, cause I can't seem to get the correct info anywhere...

I want to make my USB Passthrough Dual Voltage.

Now, I'm not going to do this via a switch, but I need to know what resistor to use to make
a 5v USB Input drop down to 3.7volt. My USB Passthrough is pretty big, so I want to put in another 510 connector, that has the resistor to drop it to 3.7volt.

The reason I want to do this, is I got my CE2 Rev 5 (I think, the thicker plastic, much thicker wick thats not looped, but twisted together)
It hits ok on my standard 510 battery, it hits GREAT on my Bro-InLaw's 3.7v box mod (with a 14500), but for me, it just "burns" too hot at 5v. However I have some old metal carto's that hit great at 5v, so I figured I could just put in 2 510 connectors, label each one based on the voltage, and since I would only be using one connector at a time, I can keep it simple.

So, does anyone know offhand what resistor I would need to drop my USB Input to match that of a 14500?

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
I didn't just want to make 5 random posts anywhere, which is why i threw the question here ;)

How about posting a picture of your rig, that's one. :)

And if you search the modders forum for a 3.7v regulated box mod, it should give you the circuitry necessary, just put it into your PT instead of a box?

p.s. Welcome to ECF, always happy to see another modder pushing the envelope.

How about posting a picture of your rig, that's one. :)

Good Idea!

117yzi1.jpg

Size Comparison, its alittle longer then an old Military Radio Mic, but sits nicely on my desk, which is why I used that box ;)

And if you search the modders forum for a 3.7v regulated box mod, it should give you the circuitry necessary, just put it into your PT instead of a box?

I've looked through, but haven't found anything that drops 5v to 3.7v

p.s. Welcome to ECF, always happy to see another modder pushing the envelope.

Glad to be here and part of the forums, as i've gotten alot of idea's from here to begin with!

While I'm at it, a pic of my 2 Tanks using CE2 XL's, The Big Tank, and the "mini" tank.

2qte7pv.jpg

P.S. the 2 tanks were made by my good friend, as he has made many so far.

Last edited:

Stosh

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2010
Nevada
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread