New Guy About to Order Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

WebDude

Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Hey All!

I just found this forum today, and have been reading around trying to learn about everything.

I appreciate the wealth of information you all have helped to make available... as overwhelming as it all seems right now, it's nice to have a single place that I can figure it all out and learn about what people find works well and not so well.

I think I found a pretty easy grouping of stuff to get started with. Which would be this: http://www.myvaporstore.com/Vision_Spinner_Joye_Ego_C_Twist_Combo_p/vvs-c.htm

My thoughts are that I can get a couple batteries that should be able to last as long as I need ( I smoke a pack a day right now.), I can try 2 different of these clearomiosers and all I need is a bunch of juice.

They're like 30 miles from me and offer Fedex, so I should be able to get it pretty quick. Quick is important to me. I would really like to have something this week so I don't keep smoking any longer than I have to.

So yeah, that's me!

JimCal

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Sacramento, Ca
Hi webdude! I just started a month ago and to be honest, no withdrawal whatsoever. I smoked backwoods smokes for many years. I wish I'd have found e-cigs a long time ago. My wife was about a pack a day smoker for numerous years and she has been vaping now for about 5 weeks or so. I thought she'd never quit. We both have fun sitting around trying all the different tobacco flavors and other flavors. Neither of us miss the real cigs and cigars one bit!

Good luck! You can do it!!

WebDude

Jun 18, 2013
New Jersey
Thanks TyEllen!

You know, I started taking all kinds of notes and stuff and finally I was just like, "Spinners, everybody seems to say those are good!" :)

I have a feeling I'll want to start screwing around with atomizers and tanks and stuff at some point, but for now this smoking cigs crap just has to stop.

I'm totally excited about the whole thing!

JimCal

ECF Veteran
Jun 18, 2013
Sacramento, Ca
I usually grab a pack of those backwoods once a month or so.

I have 2 friends that switched to vaping well over a year ago, and met 3 people in the last month or so that either quit or mostly quit in favor of vaping.

All signs point to "We got this!"

I was smoking those like regular cigarettes! I'm telling ya right now, vaping is so easy! I thought there would be no way in hell I would ever quit. You can do it man! Like you said, we got this!

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Very nice setup - WAY better than my first gear!

Coinky-Dinks:
:thumbs:I ordered my first kit from MVS, too (it was 510, cig-shaped batteries - still use 'em too)
:headbang:No longer there, but I'm FROM North Jersey
:2cool:I once created a little cartoon character to launch a company website. His name was....."WebDude". LOL.

Good luck!
Oh - and my story? Got that kit kind of out of curiosity - wasn't particularly trying to quit cigs. But after about a week, I realized what I WANTED wasn't a smoke, but a vape - cigarettes tasted nasty to me compared to the cleaner taste of vaping. So I stopped smoking. Easy. After 30 years, over a pack a day.

Deanacal

May 24, 2013
Sacramento, CA
Jim and I both graduated to spinners pretty quickly, like within a couple of weeks, so that's a good way to go. I actually went out and got a couple of Blu cigs to hold me over while I was waiting for my initial order to come in. I've still got four and a half packs of Pall Malls sitting om my shelf and haven't even been tempted after about day 2, so yeah, we got this! :D

Nailz

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    You've been smart and done your research before ordering, a lot of people including myself start off with the cig a like e-cigs and most of them starter kits aren't cheap, only to find very quickly that they want to upgrade, I wish I had found ECF before starting on my journey, because I would of never started with the V2's, but not really wasted as my wife only wants to use cig like batteries, where I quickly advanced to a VV device, the kit looks really good, and I wouldn't mind it, if hadn't just got myself 2 VV batteries in the last few weeks.

Chimney34

Ultra Member
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
    Dec 1, 2012
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    That's a great starter kit! I agree with the choice to bypass the manual batteries all together! Make sure you grab a couple of extra clearos or maybe a protank or something like it to try out! You'll find that you might prefer one delivery method over others! Good luck! And don't put too much pressure on yourself. Just go at your own pace & you'll find yourself cutting back & hopefully cutting the cigs out completely in no time!! Keep us posted on what you order & your progress!

WebDude

Jun 18, 2013
    New Jersey
    Hi Webdude, welcome to the forum. That's a popular kit your're looking at there and it gets recommended a lot for new vapers - with good reason. I recommend getting an evod as one of your clearomizer choices.

I have taken that recommendation, thanks for it!

Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh - Chrome

Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh - White

Kanger EVOD eGo Clearomizer - Blue

Vision Ego Clearomizer 2.0 - Green

It's in the cart.

The hard part is flavors, I didn't even think about those LOL!

I think I'll just get some of everything!

JimCal

ECF Veteran
    Jun 18, 2013
    Sacramento, Ca
    I have taken that recommendation, thanks for it!

Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh - Chrome

Vision Spinner VV eGo Battery 1300mAh - White

Kanger EVOD eGo Clearomizer - Blue

Vision Ego Clearomizer 2.0 - Green

It's in the cart.

The hard part is flavors, I didn't even think about those LOL!

I think I'll just get some of everything!

Awesome choices on the batteries. I'd start out with plain tobacco flavors. Sometimes the different flavors aren't very satisfying. Just one guys opinion. YMMV. Good luck! :)

WebDude

Jun 18, 2013
    New Jersey
    I've tasted a couple flavors and they seemed yummy enough, but I had the same thought. Maybe after all day I'd feel differently.

Ended up going with 2 bottles of tobacco flavored stuff and a vanilla and something else. Berry-something maybe.

Hopefully I'll have it by the weekend.

THANKS to ALL of you guys for dropping in and being supportive!

Nailz

Vaping Master
    ECF Veteran
    Verified Member
  • Jun 6, 2013
    Wichita, KS
    The different flavors is more addicting than the hardware, and a lot more addicting than smoking :D

There is 1000's of different flavors out there, and you just want to try everything, in about 2 months, I have ordered around 30 different flavors, most are 50ml bottles, so I already have more than enough juice, but still keep ordering new flavors :laugh:

nizanjana

Moved On
    Jun 18, 2013
    Sri Lanka
    • Deleted by classwife
    • Reason: Unregistered Supplier

WebDude

Jun 18, 2013
    New Jersey
    Hi Webdude, welcome to the forum. That's a popular kit your're looking at there and it gets recommended a lot for new vapers - with good reason. I recommend getting an evod as one of your clearomizer choices.

I ended up getting the EVOD and a Stardust. Tried the EVOD last, it was so much better I ordered and just received 2 more. So good!

Status
    Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread