New Halon here. Saying hey!

Status
Not open for further replies.

BobbyWV84

Feb 4, 2015
West Virginia
Hey everyone. I have been reading threads on the ECF for about a month since I received my Halo Triton, it has been invaluable. So much information it makes my head spin sometimes. Anyone else new using the Triton tank? I wouldn't mind eventually getting a new setup, but for now I enjoy the simplicity. Halo's e-liquid prices are my biggest complaint, I use it too quick to be paying so much per bottle. Aaaaaaand now I'm rambling. Anyways......hello ECF!

Reactions: wheezal

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Heya mate, welcome!

I'm not sure what's going on with your thread, especially since you have a cute dog as your avatar. To make friends, I highly suggest you post more pictures of him/her. A few notes:

1. Ask for whatever you need and/or are curious about.

2. Pretty sure there are still a bunch of Halo users around, but there are also a lot of ex-Halo users around. Their kit isn't *bad*, but it's basically rebranded older Kanger tanks at an inflated cost marketed well for those starting out. Eventually you'll want to try a different eliquid, won't want your tanks to crack and then it'll all start.

3. There are a ton of different companies out there for eliquid that'll work great with your Triton setup. You'll want to keep two things in mind:

(a.) Try to keep the PG/VG ratio around 70/30 or 80/20, or at most 60/40. Your tanks are top-fed, and with 50/50 or thicker eliquids you're likely to get dry-hits.

(b.) Avoid "tank-cracker" eliquids (citrus, many cinnamons, etc.) as your tanks aren't glass so they'll be damaged. mtbaker I know should list on their site if they will, but can't hurt to ask and be sure.

(c.) Two popular competitively priced optios are mtbakervapor or itcvapes. e.g., if you're looking for something in the same vein as Tribeca, check out RY4s, etc. If you have favorites, you can always search for budget alternatives, and if that doesn't work out make a post. :)

*gives the horns*

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
Thanks DrunkenBatman, that is all good information I needed to know. I definitely will be switching to a new vaporizer. I had ordered 50/50 juice from MBV, wish I had joined this earlier so I would have known the better ratios.

No worries, just remember you may end up having to do dry-puffs (sucking without firing) now and again to help pull eliquid into it, and giving the tank an upside down swirl more frequently to keep things coated. If it's really problematic you can also add a few drops of distilled water or vodka to the tank and give it a good shake, which will help thin it out.

Also, I think you have enough posts for dog pictures. Just sayin', no pressure or anything. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread