New Member from the Frozen North with a few questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for all of your help and suggestions for what to get. I have decided to go with the joyetech eRoll and as per your suggestion Roni_M I also picked up a 5 pack of cartridges for it.( loved your review at eastcoastvapes )
I also decided to pick up a ego 1000mah twist battery and a usb charger for it that I can use at home ( So I could get free shipping). I was thinking of the ego 1000mah USB battery but then I thought the twist would be a better option. I did not buy any of the MT3's at this point as I do not understand yet what else I need to use the twist battery? I dont know if you can use the cartridges from the eRoll with this battery or do I have to buy atomizer body and heads and cartridges ( I noticed that there were MT3 atomizers available at Eastcoastvape but I did not know if they would work with battery)
I guess I still have a lot of reading and learning to do so I can figure out what else I need.
Thanks again for all of your help and suggestions

I have the eRoll and really like it for when I'm out and about. Also bought one for my daughter. However, we both find the small cartridges a little bit of a pain so if you decide on the eroll get an extra 5pk of cartridges so you can pre-fill them and take them with you for the day. We both also have ego batteries with MT3's (I have the 1000mah twists and she has the 1100mah "pretty" ones). We use both setups, depending on where we are. I used Canvape.com and Eastcoastvape.ca and both were fantastic (also living in the cold north! LOL) :)

Thanks for your help and the link to Eastcoastvape.ca
I just ordered the eRoll ( all because of your review LOL) I also got the twist but I did not know what else I need to get so I just ordered that and a usb charger for it and will do some more reading to find out what else I need besides the MT3's to make it work. I also added a few menthol juices but am a little confused about ordering juice from them as they state the concentration goes from 0 to 36 mg ( I take it that is the nicotine level?) Also they have PG/VG levels and I don't know what is the best for both the eRoll and the twist model. I just went with the 80/20 default levels there.
I grew up in Charlottetown so I know you have balmy weather their compared to the real frozen north of Winnipeg :)

Thanks for your help and the link to Eastcoastvape.ca
I just ordered the eRoll ( all because of your review LOL) I also got the twist but I did not know what else I need to get so I just ordered that and a usb charger for it and will do some more reading to find out what else I need besides the MT3's to make it work. I also added a few menthol juices but am a little confused about ordering juice from them as they state the concentration goes from 0 to 36 mg ( I take it that is the nicotine level?) Also they have PG/VG levels and I don't know what is the best for both the eRoll and the twist model. I just went with the 80/20 default levels there.
I grew up in Charlottetown so I know you have balmy weather their compared to the real frozen north of Winnipeg :)

I'm sorry I didn't see your post sooner (wish they had some kind of notifications!). Yes the nic level is 1 - 36mg. I'm using 24mg currently but it seems everyone is different with this when they start. The PG/VG ratio can be adjusted to your preference. I'm currently using a 50/50 mix just because I didn't know where to start LOL

I'm pretty new to vaping so probably not much help. All you need to start is the MT3, twist & charger for the twist (and of course some liquid). I have 2 twists so one can be charging while I'm using the other. It's also a good idea to have more than one clearomizer (MT3). How they were explained to me is "like a light bulb - the coil could last 2 weeks or 6 months there is no way of knowing and too many factors". You will have your eroll as a backup to use if you are charging but it wouldn't hurt to get a second twist and another mt3 if you decide you like them. My daughter started with the eroll and also went to an ego battery & mt3. It's just easier if you are at home all day. We both also surprisingly use the lanyards... we look funny but don't care! LOL I find I vape more steadily than I smoked but I wouldn't say more. I take a few puffs, go 20 mins to 1/2 hour take a few more puffs, but when I was smoking I would stop what I was doing and go have a smoke which took several minutes. So having it around my neck while I'm home is just handier than setting it down and then trying to locate it 20 mins later. Once you have your stuff, you'll be able to see what you like and how you use it. Sometimes I still get that "what to do with my hands" kind of craving. So if I'm feeling that I'll go to the eRoll for a 5 minute "smoke break" but it's not a cigarette craving just that "habit" of going to the porch for a "break" and the eRoll really helps that "having a smoke" simulation because of the size. So I think you're pretty well set up with both the twist and eRoll.

I was able to start vaping and go cold turkey with the smokes. My daughter was about a week smoking 2-5 cigarettes a day while vaping (we ended up bumping up her nicotine). After 2 days of straight vaping, she lit a smoke and gagged on it and threw the rest of her pack away. There is no right way to go about it but if you are having any problems switching just ask for advice in the forum. Dropping back to a few smokes a day is a huge accomplishment so don't worry if it's not 100% right off the bat. Be careful when filling the mt3, if you get liquid into the center post it will end up in your mouth (not pleasant).

Last edited:
Thanks Roni_M for all your help and expertize. I just got my eRoll on Thursday ( they didn't have the black twist in stock) Last analog was on Thursday night on the way home from work before picking up package from East Coast. One thing I noticed though is that I have a raw throat now ( Don't know if it is because of PG/VG of 80/20 or Nicotine of 24mg) It may have been also because I was vaping a lot here at home and not drinking enough water.
Just reordered today from east coast so they can send the twist that was back ordered and am going with a lot of 5 ml bottles of different strengths and PG/VG percentage to see what works for me.
One other thing I noticed with the eRoll that it is hard to tell how much liquid you have left in it.
I will see what difference it will make when I get my twist battery next week. I think the eRoll will work out good for work as I have to go outside to smoke but at home I am at the computer a lot so am taking a lot of drags ( one at a time and then setting down) At least I am not wasting tobacco like I used to a lot, light a cig and then let in burn down in ashtray and then light another lol.
Also I find that I am looking for a ashtray to set my eRoll down in lol ( is it ok to set it down on its side as it is hard to stand upright.
Thanks again for all your help with me going from Analog to Vape.

randomname79

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
bolton ontario
Depends what your using, a cartomizer can sit on its side no problem, most of the time there's no issues with clearo's either unless they're defective. The dry throat is normal. A combination of just getting used to vaping and not drinking enough water. i made the same mistake when I started.

Thanks Roni_M for all your help and expertize. I just got my eRoll on Thursday ( they didn't have the black twist in stock) Last analog was on Thursday night on the way home from work before picking up package from East Coast. One thing I noticed though is that I have a raw throat now ( Don't know if it is because of PG/VG of 80/20 or Nicotine of 24mg) It may have been also because I was vaping a lot here at home and not drinking enough water.
Just reordered today from east coast so they can send the twist that was back ordered and am going with a lot of 5 ml bottles of different strengths and PG/VG percentage to see what works for me.
One other thing I noticed with the eRoll that it is hard to tell how much liquid you have left in it.
I will see what difference it will make when I get my twist battery next week. I think the eRoll will work out good for work as I have to go outside to smoke but at home I am at the computer a lot so am taking a lot of drags ( one at a time and then setting down) At least I am not wasting tobacco like I used to a lot, light a cig and then let in burn down in ashtray and then light another lol.
Also I find that I am looking for a ashtray to set my eRoll down in lol ( is it ok to set it down on its side as it is hard to stand upright.
Thanks again for all your help with me going from Analog to Vape.

I was told the PG is what gives you the throat hit, so a different ratio may help if you are finding your throat sore... but there is a bit of an adjustment period too. I was also told to increase my water intake. Too much nicotine will give you headaches and an upset stomach so that one would probably be a bit more apparent. If you are chain vaping and find you are getting headaches, you probably need to drop the nicotine a bit. I think that's part of why it's so hard to tell what someone needs, it all depends on how much you do it. Getting a variety of 5ml to try is a great place to start. Also don't be shy about mixing things together. I'm using menthol & French vanilla mixed together pretty consistently. Menthol probably goes with everything LOL

The eroll is fine laying on it's side but feel free to use your ashtray at home for your eroll... I do and it never requires cleaning! LOL If you get a second cone (I think they are about $2) you will have 2 complete erolls, so one can be in the PCC charging and one can be sitting in the "ashtray" when you're at the desk. I do it more to keep the eroll from rolling around on the desk while I'm working.
It is a little hard to see the liquid in the black cartridges. I find if I hold it at a downward angle and "flick" the end then you can see the air bubble move. When it gets low mine tends to just start making less vapor, I haven't gotten to the "burnt" taste with it.
I hope it's still going well for you, but remember that even just cutting back on smokes is a success! :)

Last edited:
Thanks all. Still going well with no analogs (one week and counting) Roni I remember you talked about the menthol being strong but I find that it's not that strong at 80/20. Maybe I should up the vg? Still waiting for 2nd shipment with some more flavors and my twist so I can just use the eroll when out. Thanks again for all the help

Sent from my SGH-I317M using Tapatalk 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread