new member, help with mechanical mod

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cool thanks I'm currently using a amok magneto and it's just all the twisting to change the battery

Speaking of battery's what are your opinions of how to treat a new battery

Just got 4 30a efest 1600s

I think I've been told to vape them new till they die then fully charge them. then change them often after
Currently I use a battery a few hours then change when another is charged

Last edited:

spookyluke

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 23, 2013
carlton, VIC, AU
Check out the 4NINE mod. I think its really smart with simplicity. Then there is the stingray by JD TECH it's a really nice design. They're both in my sights.
I have a magneto but I dont like that it's telescopic. I have 2 brass nemesis clones from FT with switch changed to magnets.
IMHO being too impatient to wait for FT? Unless you're willing to pay for a stingray or a 4NINE. You're not going to get anything that is better quality or performs better than a brass nemesis clone from slowtech.

P.s. I live in Australia. Everything takes forever to ship here.

Asmo6

ECF Veteran
Jan 10, 2014
United States
The Hcigar Nemesis 2 tone clone was my first mechanical. This clone made me want to buy an Authentic Mech. The Nemi clone has very low voltage drop, one of the top dogs in the mech world. You can get the magnet switch up grade plus the extended center post at fatdaddys vape for a decent price.

Would not recommend the origin clone, to much battery slop, not all my threads were precise and consistent in the tubes. I could only get it tight with running a 18490 with the kick 2 installed. Fits good in this configuration but no others. Also the adjustable throw is kewl and works nice, but it has a tendency to back out and could cause a misfire. Mine was by EHPro so more of a gamble on this one it appears.

The Hcigar Nemi is a solid bet. Can also be used 18650 with a kick, if that matters to you. I totally blame this clone for making me shop for the real deal and purchase the Stingray Copper Black mod. Real Nemesis are hard to find in stock, they sell them fast. So I searched for the items I look for, silver contacts adjustable/floating center pin, magnet switch. which the stingray all has. Now that the Stingray has been cloned, may be something to check out.

Absolutely agree with all of this. Started with the Hcigar Nemesis. Fantastic mod.

Bought an aqua, so I figured - origin - hybrid mode? Heck yeah!

That should have been a heck no. The machining on the inside of the tubes were basically spirals were the cutters were so dull they galled the whole way down the tube. It was so bad it looked like threading. I had to sand the whole inside just to get a battery down the tube. Not a little. A lot. Tons of sharp edges to rip the battery's coating off before I did it.

The switch is crap. The spinny adjuster is crap. The delrin adjuster for battery size is crap. I ripped it all apart last night because I knew there was some way I could make it better. Ended up using some pipe dope on the threads to stiffen them up so that awful firing pin in the switch stopped spinning around so easy. (If it spins too much it perma-fires your mod btw) That REALLY helped me not want to chuck it.

The sad part is - despite all this faggotry it still hits like a sledgehammer regardless of what is on it. In hybrid mode with a fresh Sony in it. Yeah. Insane. I thought the aqua on the nemesis hit hard. Not even close...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread