new member with rba problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone. so ive been searching for answers but cant seem to find anything. ill do my best to describe whats going on.

first off, im using a k101 with a chimbus, only one hole drilled to i believe a 5 or 7/16th. anyways, ive had this set up running great for about 6 months. ive always ran single coils using .28g wire and 3mm wick. ive only ran dual coils twice using the same wick/wire. the last build was a dual coil. the other day, i did a rebuild with single (3 wrap) and it tasted gross. rebuilt again...same nasty taste. rebuilt a third time...same nasty taste. i tried using different juices, all with a nasty metallic/citrus inhale, semi normal/metallic exhale. well today, i decided to just take it to a local vape shop for them to do another rebuild. I got the same exact taste. i mean the taste is so bad where i begin to gag.

they said when cleaning the cap, it was very red/orange, looking like rust. my drip tip was also very dark orange when cleaned with a qtip. they cleaned it all out, got a new tip....but the taste was the same. they were surprised that the freshly done wick was already turning orange. i was using one of my juices by Adam Bomb called Mamas Cookies. someone said that this juice makes wick turn an orange color. another person also tried it and said it was fine.

I am sure that it is not just me because even other juices tastes like crap. i cant even take a drag without wanting to vomit. everything was working great until i did a rebuild a few days ago. any suggestions? and sorry for the long post.

dice57

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
Mount Vernon, Wa
Welcome to the forum.

My first thought was that you weren't wicking properly and getting dry hits, which will produce a nasty burnt flavor. But it does also sound like maybe your atomizer is failing, possibly the plating falling off being a clone and all. Did you break it down and give it a good thorough cleaning?

What is the positioning of the air hole to the build, know that if the air intake is to far away from the build one can get a nasty throat hit, one can try raising or lowering the build to see if that helps. On a few of my rba's it the build is to high I experience a nasty hacking like dry hit. On a genesis style rba this is very noticeable if the air hole is on the wrong side of the coil.

The other thing that comes to mind is that you might be experiencing flavor fatigue. Also called vapors tongue, this can happen once your taste buds get overloaded and can't differentiate you flavor and everything taste like crap.

Have you tried a different atomizer to vape with? If so, how did it vape and taste?

Good luck and hope you find out what is causing the problem.

Have you tried the juice in any other tanks or clearo's

Sounds like you might have to let your juice steep a week or so...sometimes fresh mixed juices need a while to get rid of that "licking a freshly vulcanized tire" taste

no i havent. the protank is full with another juice. i did a build and the juice i first tried was a bottle of mamas cookies i had. i tasted fine 15 minutes prior. i burnt it all off and tried another juice called passion peach by vaperlicious. it still had the nasty taste. i did a second rebuild with same results. then a third. then a build from a shop. the thing is that i have never had a problem like this before. ive done numerous builds the last 6 months as well as having a shop do it when i was lazy.

Welcome to the forum.

My first thought was that you weren't wicking properly and getting dry hits, which will produce a nasty burnt flavor. But it does also sound like maybe your atomizer is failing, possibly the plating falling off being a clone and all. Did you break it down and give it a good thorough cleaning?

What is the positioning of the air hole to the build, know that if the air intake is to far away from the build one can get a nasty throat hit, one can try raising or lowering the build to see if that helps. On a few of my rba's it the build is to high I experience a nasty hacking like dry hit. On a genesis style rba this is very noticeable if the air hole is on the wrong side of the coil.

The other thing that comes to mind is that you might be experiencing flavor fatigue. Also called vapors tongue, this can happen once your taste buds get overloaded and can't differentiate you flavor and everything taste like crap.

Have you tried a different atomizer to vape with? If so, how did it vape and taste?

Good luck and hope you find out what is causing the problem.

thanks for the welcome! im not getting dry hits. we did give it a good cleaning today. it does look like alot of oxidation maybe? alot of red/orange residue that looks like rust.

the air hole is directly infront of the coil. however, when i had a dual coil previously, it was only infront of one coil and there was no bad taste to it. this time, it was disgusting.

i may be vapors tongue, but when i use my e juice 2 die 4's sing dont cry in my T3S and evod, it tastes fine like it should.

one thing though, one guy at the shop couldnt understand why the wick was turning burnt orange after one hit of a fresh build. others were saying it was normal, but it has never done this before.

numbskull

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2013
SoCal
Just a thought but have you checked the insulator for the center post? I only ask because I had a similar issue with my Igo-w when I first got it, turned out the insulator had melted a bit (no clue how) What I ended up doing is soaking the entire deck in warm water with a little bit of rubbing alcohol, rinsed and dried it out. Slapped dual coil .6 ribbon wire on 3mm ekowool and it solved the bad taste problem.

I tend to chain vape, so I will usually clean my top cap/drip tip with a qtip almost daily. If I can, I do it when changing flavors too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread