New Protank 3 working poorly. Should I get a new tank and avoid its issues or try to find a battery that'll make it work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

frank.gotch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Canada
i too was frustrated by cheaper batteries performance and moved to an i-taste svd.i still use it but moved on to mechanical mods (with standard resistance coils) and invested in a good charger, the best batteries (thanks Batitude) and began learning the finer points of vaping. research is your best friend right now before you make another purchase. best of luck in your search...

I've been taking a good long look at the information on mechanical mods. I do physical work and it seems like those are the things to have in your pocket that aren't going to break. I've been on vacation since I started vaping and am still until late next week, so I guess I will see how my EVOD handles a work day and then make a decision.

kevaughan

Dec 29, 2013
Canada
Maybe I should just get this setup and be done with my troubles
yW2sW64.jpg

frank.gotch

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 19, 2013
Canada
Maybe I should just get this setup and be done with my troubles
yW2sW64.jpg

I got that EVOD starter kit. It was great until I got the pro-tank 3 and now it's just kind of ho-hum. I've been using the EVOD when I go out, it's much more discrete and normal looking in the car and outside then a big metal tank on a long silver battery, but when I'm at home I only use it when my eGo battery dies and needs charged.

JeremyR

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Dec 29, 2012
Oregon, IL
Sounds like you may have a case of not enough power to push it. First Q - what ohm heads do you have. The ego c is probably about 3.7 v in which case you will want to use a low res coil. Like a 1.8 for best performance on an ego since the power is capped.

A bigger battery would be nice to match up with the tank. But shouldn't be nessasary to get an ok vape. Me personally will never go back to a clearo. But I've burnt that bridge, and it's ok that you haven't. Your just starting.

I do believe that the evod actually works a little better than the protank and mates up with egos well. Plus they are 1/3 the price of the protank. You can get 3 and fill em all for the day. (Will they take the protank back?)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread