Status
Not open for further replies.

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
I just created a new Social Group called The Flavor Exchange, and it will be a place for exchanging small samples of juice (any flavors, any brands) with other members.

I can't create the forum for the Social Group until there are at least 5 members. Once at least 5 people have joined I will go in and post a sticky with how it is going to work. It will be pretty simple and straightforward, just that there are going to be a couple of things I will do in order to reduce clutter and make it easy to use.

So please come on in and join so I can get it up and running!

To join, follow these instructions...
1) Go to http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/group.php?do=grouplist
2) Find and click on The Flavor Exchange
3) Find and click on Join Group which is in the middle of the blue bar at the bottom

Thanks!
DC2

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
HERE IS WHAT YOU NEED TO PARTICIPATE:
--Small plastic sample bottles
--Electronic Cigarette juice

I personally think 3ml bottles would be best, since you can probably mail those in just an envelope with two, or maybe even only one stamp. But I will also open up a thread for 6ml bottles, and one where any size goes.

I am going to try and keep this as simple as possible.
And that means trying to keep it as uncluttered as possible.
And that means there does, unfortunately, have to be a couple of little rules.
:(

How it works
All you have to do is post what you are looking for, and what you have to offer, then wait until someone PMs you saying they are a match. Once you have a match, it is up to you guys to work out the details via PM, but please keep it out of The Flavor Exchange subforum.

Please note the supplier, flavor, and nicotine strength of the items you are offering and the items you are looking for. If you are willing to take different strengths, please give a range.

For example:
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Offering
Nhaler HV RY4 12mg
MyFreedomSmokes 24mg Butter Rum

Looking for
Tasty Vapor 12mg Atomic Cinnacide
Mrs. T's Banana Nut Bread 12-18mg
Halo 12-18mg Newpure
-------------------------------------------------------------------

To keep things as up-to-date and uncluttered as possible, I am going to ask that as soon as you make a match, you edit your original post and remove the item you were looking for that you just made a match on. If you no longer wish to offer the item you were offering then remove that as well. If the trade falls through you can always edit your post and put those items back again. This will help keep people from wasting time trying to put together a trade with you for something you don't even have to offer anymore.

Because you only have 48 hours to edit your posts, I am going to close down each stickied "current" thread every 48 hours. I will only start doing this if this gets popular and a lot of people are using it and it is getting really cluttered. If I do start doing that, then in order to keep your exchange offer in a place where it will get the most reads, you should repost it again in the new "current" stickied thread.

Tip for finding your original post
If you need to quickly find your original post so you can edit it or copy it for reposting in the "current" thread, simply follow these instructions...
1) Click on Search
2) Choose Advanced Search
3) Put in your User Name
4) Click the option to Show Results as Posts
5) Take the option to Search in The Flavor Exchange forum

This obviously won't be an issue until, and unless, this idea really takes off.
:)

Ideas to Improve the Process
You can offer ideas and I may even listen sometimes.

Let's hope this never happens
If someone screwed you over on a trade and will not rectify it, feel free to forward me the PM conversation that you had with them and I will review it and if it seems appropriate I will remove that member from the Social Group.

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Okay, time to ask, why is nobody going for this?
I refuse to believe that nobody wants to be able to exchange flavors.
8-o

Is it that nobody has the little plastic sample bottles?

Because I will buy tons of them at USPlastics.com and offer them if that is the problem.
The 3ml bottles are only 0.19 cents but the shipping is $8.50 no matter how many.
US Plastics 3ml bottles

Is it that you don't feel you have any juice to offer that is any good?

I am offering for samples some of my favorite juices.
It's just that I have enough that I can offer a 3ml sample and not worry about it.
It's well worth it to get any other flavor I've been wanting to try in return.

Anyway, if it is something else, let me know and I'll see what I can do.
I hope once it gets rolling, if it ever does, it will take off.

Last edited:

ExFumidus

Dec 31, 2009
London
I think this is indeed a great idea ! ... And I would like to join ! ~ However, will this group be mostly reserved for US based members only ?? ... Will it be a problem that I am from the UK ??

Or maybe someone should rather start another UK (or rather EU :eek:)) based group perhaps ? ... That would probably be somewhat more practical I suppose ? ...
I mean, postage for just small bubble envelopes really isn't that much more expensive when posting internationally, I've found. ~ However, the waiting period for international post could prove to be a real PITA though. Especially if one is seriously impatient by nature (LOL) ... But it would also be nice to try flavours from "across the pond" in a more simple and relatively inexpensive way.

I don't know ??? ... But either way ~ Really Great Idea DC2 !

Last edited:

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Geez, I am such a non-global thinker.
I think that tends to happen to us living here in the United States.

So I hadn't thought about our brothers outside of the country, and I wonder if the cost of shipping one or two little bottles of juice overseans would be prohibitive. I really have no idea how much shipping costs as I have never mailed anything to an address outside of the country.

I'm kinda feeling :oops: about being so thoughtless as to not anticipate this question.
So how much does it cost to mail something across the ocean?

DC2

Tootie Puffer
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 21, 2009
San Diego
Rest assured I am not giving up on this idea, it is just too good of an idea to give up on.

I am buying 200 3ml bottles and will offer them at cost, plus shipping, and postage to mail them out.

I will offer them on The Flavor Exchange once I get them.
I will post a sticky there at that time, and maybe even bump this thread again.

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
Rest assured I am not giving up on this idea, it is just too good of an idea to give up on.

I am buying 200 3ml bottles and will offer them at cost, plus shipping, and postage to mail them out.

I will offer them on The Flavor Exchange once I get them.
I will post a sticky there at that time, and maybe even bump this thread again.

I wonder if, like me, many people who REALLY need to try lots of flavors (newbs), and are looking for ways to do that (inexpensively 'cause we've just spent a fortune while STILL buying analogs), don't have the bottles or the juice and are just overwhelmed with the learning curve in general. Give it a little more time, I say, and the bottle offer is a good idea. I would love to do this if you explain it REAL SLOW!8-o BTW, are you sure a regular envelope would work? I'm imagining them going through some kind of roller on a conveyor belt and and juice soaked, illegible enelopes!

AlexTM

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 7, 2009
Cologne, Germany
www.dampfzeichen.de
If you are very new, you should not really do much DIY yet, for the simple reason that your tastebuds probably are still on the road to recovery, and that's a journey of a few weeks. Not to mention that one really should have vaping itself mastered.

Mind you, I don't want to discourage you, just your taste will change considerably a few weeks into vaping, and what tastes great now may taste like crap in a few weeks.

As for starting out, it would be, I've often thought, not be a bad idea if there were flavours exchanged, too. With 1ml from FA you can flavour 20ml of Juice at 5%, more than enough to know you do or don't want a whole bottle. Of course, that doesn't work so well with baking flavours …

You'd need to use padded envelopes, of course. But sending liquids with those is usually not a problem, although I always wrap mine in saran wrap or put them into little plastic bags. On the German forum, we also use those little thingy for sending liquid samples, you can see them in the first photo in this link: Zerstören, aber richtig | Das Labortagebuch | ScienceBlogs.de - Wissenschaft, Kultur, Politik The most common size holds 1.5ml, they are used in laboratries for samples.

dhowardpeters

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 15, 2010
Charlotte, NC
If you are very new, you should not really do much DIY yet, for the simple reason that your tastebuds probably are still on the road to recovery, and that's a journey of a few weeks. Not to mention that one really should have vaping itself mastered.

Mind you, I don't want to discourage you, just your taste will change considerably a few weeks into vaping, and what tastes great now may taste like crap in a few weeks.

As for starting out, it would be, I've often thought, not be a bad idea if there were flavours exchanged, too. With 1ml from FA you can flavour 20ml of Juice at 5%, more than enough to know you do or don't want a whole bottle. Of course, that doesn't work so well with baking flavours …

You'd need to use padded envelopes, of course. But sending liquids with those is usually not a problem, although I always wrap mine in saran wrap or put them into little plastic bags. On the German forum, we also use those little thingy for sending liquid samples, you can see them in the first photo in this link: Zerstören, aber richtig | Das Labortagebuch | ScienceBlogs.de - Wissenschaft, Kultur, Politik The most common size holds 1.5ml, they are used in laboratries for samples.

Thanks, Alex. I think this is actually a Liquid Exchange (not a flavoring exchange). There was a discussion earlier in the thread about changing the name. Might not be a bad idea!:)

Belhade

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 15, 2010
New York (no, not the city)
BTW, are you sure a regular envelope would work? I'm imagining them going through some kind of roller on a conveyor belt and and juice soaked, illegible enelopes!
Don't know about regular envelopes. But a lot of juices come shipped in simple small padded (bubblewrap) envelopes. I plan on re-using the envelopes that all my stuff has come in!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread