new to DIY, does anyone know how much pure nicotine is this bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
im new to diy e ciggs and what to start! read some stuff online but still have a lot to learn, can someone please tell me how much pure nicotine there is in this bottle? someone recommend it to me!

bottle-http://72mg/ml Liquid Nicotine in VG for use in E-Liquids & E-Liquid DIY - The Purest Available, UK Made

The strength is 72mg/ml, or "seventy-two milligrams per milliliter."
That means that in every milliliter of the liquid, there are 72 milligrams of nicotine.
The bottle comes in 50ml and 100ml sizes.
So, you just take those 72 milligrams that are in each milliliter of liquid, and multiply it by how many milliliters there are:

72mg/ml * 100ml = 7200mg
--or--
72mg/ml * 50ml = 3600mg

Reactions: djsvapour

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago

foster1995

Jul 2, 2015
The strength is 72mg/ml, or "seventy-two milligrams per milliliter."
That means that in every milliliter of the liquid, there are 72 milligrams of nicotine.
The bottle comes in 50ml and 100ml sizes.
So, you just take those 72 milligrams that are in each milliliter of liquid, and multiply it by how many milliliters there are:

72mg/ml * 100ml = 7200mg
--or--
72mg/ml * 50ml = 3600mg

so there is 3600mg of pure nicotine in this bottle?

Reactions: Izan

dhood

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 30, 2014
Georgia
I'm fairly certain it would not kill you. It probably would kill you if you drank the whole thing but 1ml would most likely just make you ill. I have a 125ml bottle of 100mg/ml nicotine that I use to make my own ejuice (or bump up the nic level of something I've bought). I've gotten juice on my hands (yes, I don't wear gloves when handling) and no ill affects.

It takes a lot of vaping to go through 1ml of juice and the percentages we have in vapeable juice are around 3-18mg/ml. So it is diluted. Anyone who has juice at this high a level, or higher, KNOWS to be careful with it.

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
jesus??? isnt the lethal does only 60mg?? how is that legal?
Well, there's some debate about the actual toxicity of nicotine in adult humans (the figures we have are from fifty years ago, and based on experiments done on rats) but one key point is, that unless accompanied by a strong sedative, any substantial amount of nicotine ingested orally will simply be vomited back up before most of it can be absorbed by the body. That said, it's probably still a good idea to keep it away from children and pets. There are plenty of household products that can be harmful or even lethal if swallowed. Does that mean we should outlaw things like furniture polish, drain cleaner, or chlorine bleach?

foster1995

Jul 2, 2015
I'm fairly certain it would not kill you. It probably would kill you if you drank the whole thing but 1ml would most likely just make you ill. I have a 125ml bottle of 100mg/ml nicotine that I use to make my own ejuice (or bump up the nic level of something I've bought). I've gotten juice on my hands (yes, I don't wear gloves when handling) and no ill affects.

It takes a lot of vaping to go through 1ml of juice and the percentages we have in vapeable juice are around 3-18mg/ml. So it is diluted. Anyone who has juice at this high a level, or higher, KNOWS to be careful with it.
thats what i mean the whole bottle, in the wrong has i.e kid etc drinking the whole thing with 3700mg of nicotine must kill somebody!

edyle

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 23, 2013
Port-of-Spain, Trinidad & Tobago
thats what i mean the whole bottle, in the wrong has i.e kid etc drinking the whole thing with 3700mg of nicotine must kill somebody!

there's a reason why there's a skull and crossbones icon on the bottle.
nicotine2.jpg

Well, there's some debate about the actual toxicity of nicotine in adult humans (the figures we have are from fifty years ago, and based on experiments done on rats) but one key point is, that unless accompanied by a strong sedative, any substantial amount of nicotine ingested orally will simply be vomited back up before most of it can be absorbed by the body. That said, it's probably still a good idea to keep it away from children and pets. There are plenty of household products that can be harmful or even lethal if swallowed. Does that mean we should outlaw things like furniture polish, drain cleaner, or chlorine bleach?
Of corse not...those products are not costing big tobacco and the state money

Steamix

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 21, 2013
Vapistan
That's why it caps at 72 mg/ml in the EU.
Higher concentrations - or even pure nicotine - need lots of permits and paperwork to buy, handle,sell and ship.
For all intents of purposes, 72mg/ml is plenty. If you feel uncomfortable having that sitting around in your house ( even safely locked away from kids and pets) or DIY ing with it, go for lower concentrations.
Most vendors also got nic-base at 36mg/ml or 18mg/ml for DIYers.

Work with what you comfortable with and what you feel you can handle with confidence, for a shaky hand does not make for a tasty blend :)

Once you gather experience, you can always up the levels or stick with the lower concentrations. Be safe , happy mixin :)

dcfluegel

Shenaniganator
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2015
Cleveland TN
jesus??? isnt the lethal does only 60mg?? how is that legal?

that is why it is labeled toxic and requires safe handling/ storage practices - no more toxic (significantly less, actually) than common household cleaning products... I don't have any children in the house and use a 100mg/ml nic solution for my diy - really comes down to awareness and safe handling, as well as making sure it is stored safely/ securely

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread