new to DIY, does anyone know how much pure nicotine is this bottle?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thrasher

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 28, 2012
Madeira beach, Fla
thats what i mean the whole bottle, in the wrong has i.e kid etc drinking the whole thing with 3700mg of nicotine must kill somebody!
There is no way ANYBODY on the planet will drink the whole bottle. After the first sip I promise you wont be taking a second one. Your mouth will burn, you will get a headach within i few seconds usually and instantly get stomach cramps, good chance youll be running to the bathroom as its going to want to come out of both ends badly. Once thats done you will beg to lay down for a while.

I thought that 1000mg = one square centimetre/millilitre of liquid.

7.2mg of nicotine per mil = 72mg of nicotine in every 1000mg of liquid, or 72 parts per 1000.

10ml of liquid has 720mg of nicotine (10 x 72)

50ml of liquid has 3600mg of nicotine (50 x 72)

100ml of liquid has 7200mg of nicotine (100 x 72)
Sounds about right to me

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
If we're talking water, you'd be correct. However, not all liquids are created equal. 1000mg = 1g; this is a unit of mass, or "how much" stuff there is. On the other hand, 1 cc (cubic centimeter) is equal to 1 ml (milliliter); this is a measure of volume, or the amount of "space" taken up by the stuff. Water is by definition 1g/ml, but other liquids can have different densities. One gram of a denser liquid (for example, glycerine) would occupy less than 1ml of volume. By contrast, one gram of a less dense liquid, like ethanol, would occupy more volume. Since different substances have different densities, something that's 10% of a solution, by volume, may not necessarily be that same 10% when measured by weight.

7.2mg of nicotine per mil = 72mg of nicotine in every 1000mg of liquid, or 72 parts per 1000.

10ml of liquid has 720mg of nicotine (10 x 72)

50ml of liquid has 3600mg of nicotine (50 x 72)

100ml of liquid has 7200mg of nicotine (100 x 72)
Sounds about right to me
If we're talking water, you'd be correct. However, not all liquids are created equal. 1000mg = 1g; this is a unit of mass, or "how much" stuff there is. On the other hand, 1 cc (cubic centimeter) is equal to 1 ml (milliliter); this is a measure of volume, or the amount of "space" taken up by the stuff. Water is by definition 1g/ml, but other liquids can have different densities. One gram of a denser liquid (for example, glycerine) would occupy less than 1ml of volume. By contrast, one gram of a less dense liquid, like ethanol, would occupy more volume. Since different substances have different densities, something that's 10% of a solution, by volume, may not necessarily be that same 10% when measured by weight.
And that's why I never bought nic...didn't wanna show my ... and screw up due to not understanding...said screw it after a cherry flavor went south and started diluting high nic liquids with VG and called it a day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread