New to forum, 1st timer need help with provari set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WheredUfindThis

Verified Member
Feb 14, 2013
Apple Valley, MN
I figure I spend $160 + a MONTH on cigarettes, so really, if I can afford that I can afford to buy pretty much whatever I want as far as trying out new vaping stuff... and bonus - it won't kill me!

AMEN on that point. Whenever I am feeling hesitant about buying a vape device, I just think about that. It also helped to think of the three ego batteries that failed/broke in under a month. My provari cost me $8 more than two cartons of my beloved marb reds locally, and it will sure as hell last a bit longer than the three weeks the cigarettes would.

IronDog

Feb 18, 2013
Los Angeles
I am getting ready to hit that purchase button on the provari site myself. I figured I would go with the starter kit and the provari in satin silver. I have read that the colors get chips in them if you drop them and if you wear rings, they will scratch the color off. So, I don't want to spend that kind of money only to have it looking crappy in a few months. So, the silver for me. The starter kit comes with the batteries and charger and I plan on getting the extension cap and two extra 18650 batteries. I want 2 "regular" size and 2 "big" size so I have options and backups. I am very seriously thinking about getting a mini as well so I have a back up device and a third size option.

I currently have a dual-coil tank and love it, but I'm not happy with my cartomizers, so I plan on getting some Boges and some 501 fusions from Ikenvape (I hear they are really good as well). I also want to try out the vivi novas, so I will get one of those, too. I get almost all of my liquid from Awesome Vapor (18 ml for $8 - ya you can get it cheaper but I know I love it so it's worth the price).

I figure I spend $160 + a MONTH on cigarettes, so really, if I can afford that I can afford to buy pretty much whatever I want as far as trying out new vaping stuff... and bonus - it won't kill me!

you are right on the point for the black color to chip. now you got me thinking instead of getting just the black provari itself....might as well get the whole kit. since i need battery anyway. thanks

Baditude

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 8, 2012
Ridgeway, Ohio
For those who are hesitant to get the satin colors, I can attest to the special paint used to be extremely durable. I have dropped my Provari on my parking lot's asphault more times than I care to remember, as I have bad habit of laying it on my lap while I drive and forgetting that it is there as I get out of my car. After 6 month's of abuse, my Provari has no scratches or dings.

Also know, for added security from scratches and dings, SerenityGear Leather makes some really wonderful leather sleeves and holsters customized for popular mods.

ProvariRedDragonhide.jpg ProvariSleeve4extcap.jpg ProvariSilverDragonhide.jpg

Last edited:

Serendipitysrs2

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Indiana
AMEN on that point. Whenever I am feeling hesitant about buying a vape device, I just think about that. It also helped to think of the three ego batteries that failed/broke in under a month. My provari cost me $8 more than two cartons of my beloved marb reds locally, and it will sure as hell last a bit longer than the three weeks the cigarettes would.

I got to thinking about that the other day. $40 bucks a week... $160 bucks a month... on what? Something I BURN then throw what's left away. I might as well use hundred dollar bills to light the fire in my fire pit. Same difference, really. Plus, I am literally paying to die earlier. It's like a reverse life insurance policy.

IronDog

Feb 18, 2013
Los Angeles
For those who are hesitant to get the satin colors, I can attest to the special paint used to be extremely durable. I have dropped my Provari on my parking lot's asphault more times than I care to remember, as I have bad habit of laying it on my lap while I drive and forgetting that it is there as I get out of my car. After 6 month's of abuse, my Provari has no scratches or dings.

Also know, for added security from scratches and dings, SerenityGear Leather makes some really wonderful leather sleeves and holsters customized for popular mods.

View attachment 179879 View attachment 179880 View attachment 179881

That is Great Great Great IDEA!!! now i want to go back to black and on black with chrome trim and just use the leather hoster to protect it. it match my chopper !!! lol Thanks man...that really help me stay with black Provari.

Serendipitysrs2

Verified Member
Feb 19, 2010
Indiana
Check out the pro-vex and pro-v2 tanks at vaperfexion.com.

Pro-Vex and Pro-V2 Tanks

Custom made in USA for the provari by a group of guys in New York who are vapers themselves. The reviews are great! And they sure do look sharp. Plus, I love the idea of supporting the USA vaping community rather than buying china made products when I can. The only problem is - which one do I like the best? lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread