Status
Not open for further replies.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
The guy who thought he'd never get into bottom feeders finally took the plunge and bought a used Reo Mini 2.1 w/sub ohm. I've never even seen one in person before, but know lots of folks on the "other" forums who swear by them. It will be here in a couple of days, along with a brass RM2 and IGO-S, both with the holes drilled out to 5/64th's, and a few extra's. They seem to be straight forward enough even though I've never had a BF before. Been reading threads here... learning. I've been doing my own builds for over a year, have a lot of rda's, RTA's and a few rba's, do a lot of liquid rotations every day/night, so do a lot of dripping. But all my PAPS/Herons are my current go-to's. I don't use my ProVari's much anymore same as most of the others. I'll need to learn the ins and outs of squonking though.

This one will be as another option for a small/light mod to carry in a shirt pocket on my wee hours of the night walks and when I go out to run errands. I don't like packing the big heavy stuff for either. I expect to like it, so there will be more Reo's in my life. Thinking I'd be interested in trying a Grand LP as well, maybe another Mini but a LP. The SP's seem to be the way to go so I can use larger artty's, maybe get some of mine converted to BF. Hope to get lucky enough to catch a Woodvil or two eventually too.

Anyway, when it gets here I'll do a build, dive in and LYK how it went.

Edit: First pictures added on page 3.

Last edited:

pwheeler

Just Vaping
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 14, 2013
Weimar, TX
I do believe you will be thoroughly amazed when you get it. I haven't used any if my other stuff since being indoctrinated into the Reo way of life, except one mod and dripper that I use to try juices or use up juices I won't put in my Reos. Welcome and look forward to seeing your pics and hearing what you have to say about it. :)

ed101z

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 1, 2013
East TN
Almost 3 weeks into using my Reo LP and RM2. I thought people were just exaggerating about a Reo delivering the "Best Flavor and Taste". Boy... was I WRONG! The Reo really does deliver the best vaping experience I've had so far. It really does live up to the reputation REOnants give it -- and it does it with such perfect engineering of "Squonking".

You will certainly wonder why it took you so long to discover it. And, you'll be thinking about a way to get rid of all the other junk you've been using (simply won't be needing it anymore). You'll be mad and upset because you've spent so much money trying to have a good vaping experience.

I realize that sounds like a 'sales pitch', but it's not. It's simple Truth beyond any explanation.

I stopped by a local vaping store earlier today looking for a short drip tip. They have so much devices, and the BIGGEST damn Kayfun I've ever seen. Bet it held 30ml of juice! But I wasn't even remotely interested in ANYTHING they had in that store. I knew my Reo Grand was all I needed. Seriously!!! I kid you not. I kid you not.

Papa_Lazarou

MKUltra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2013
Gabriola Island, Canada
Dude (?), you sound soooo ready for the reo experience. You've got a wealth of experience and confidence in both how to do things and what you like.

This... this is going to be different for you. Don't let us tell you. Let the reo tell you.

Post some pics when you get it (and before the 2-day smile you get on your face abates).

pt91

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2009
AR
bigger attys need the LP, not the SP. Hope that was a typo. I vote for the LP/SL for subbing and lighter weight:)

The guy who thought he'd never get into bottom feeders finally took the plunge and bought a used Reo Mini 2.1 w/sub ohm. I've never even seen one in person before, but know lots of folks on the "other" forums who swear by them. It will be here in a couple of days, along with a brass RM2 and IGO-S, both with the holes drilled out to 5/64th's, and a few extra's. They seem to be straight forward enough even though I've never had a BF before. Been reading threads here... learning. I've been doing my own builds for over a year, have a lot of RDA's, RTA's and a few RBA's, do a lot of liquid rotations every day/night, so do a lot of dripping. But all my PAPS/Herons are my current go-to's. I don't use my ProVari's much anymore same as most of the others. I'll need to learn the ins and outs of squonking though.

This one will be as another option for a small/light mod to carry in a shirt pocket on my wee hours of the night walks and when I go out to run errands. I don't like packing the big heavy stuff for either. I expect to like it, so there will be more Reo's in my life. Thinking I'd be interested in trying a Grand SP as well, maybe another Mini but a SP. The SP's seem to be the way to go so I can use larger artty's, maybe get some of mine converted to BF. Hope to get lucky enough to catch a Woodvil or two eventually too.

Rickajho

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 23, 2011
Boston MA
Hey Spydro

The only thing I wanted to check in with you about is the difference between a standard profile (SP) and a low profile (LP). The LP's are the ones that have the catch cup milled almost flat to the 510 connector - so just about any BF can be mounted on them. Standard profile has the much deeper catch cup that the atty must fit down into - so they have to be 14 mm or less in diameter, or the atty itself has to have it's base milled down to fit in there.

Just so you know what you are buying and the atty options for the two different versions.

Rat2chat2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 16, 2013
North Carolina
congratswave.gif
to you Spydro. Welcome to reoville. So glad you decided to experience the most awesome vape in the world. Look forward to seeing a pic and reading your reaction. That is after you put your socks back on. :sneaky:

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Thanks all. Have heard a lot of good things about the folks here too, so glad to have finally taken the plunge.

Yes it was a typo... I was thinking low profile but got trapped up thinking about the SL's at the same time (haven't decided if I light the look of the SL's yet). ;)

The one coming wouldn't have been bought because it's not a LP... if it hadn't been such a good deal with 2 atty's to try them out with (and in one of my preferred colors/finishes, copper vein - I'm not into bright colors much).

Won't be anything all of you haven't seen before, but will do pics when it gets here.

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Hey Spydro!!
I too took the Reo-dip just a little over a week ago.
Today was actually my first full "rely on the Reo on the road day". (OK, had a ProVari with me for backup).

You're definitely going to like it!
When in doubt, squonk.

The guy who thought he'd never get into bottom feeders finally took the plunge and bought a used Reo Mini 2.1 w/sub ohm. I've never even seen one in person before, but know lots of folks on the "other" forums who swear by them. It will be here in a couple of days, along with a brass RM2 and IGO-S, both with the holes drilled out to 5/64th's, and a few extra's. They seem to be straight forward enough even though I've never had a BF before. Been reading threads here... learning. I've been doing my own builds for over a year, have a lot of RDA's, RTA's and a few RBA's, do a lot of liquid rotations every day/night, so do a lot of dripping. But all my PAPS/Herons are my current go-to's. I don't use my ProVari's much anymore same as most of the others. I'll need to learn the ins and outs of squonking though.

This one will be as another option for a small/light mod to carry in a shirt pocket on my wee hours of the night walks and when I go out to run errands. I don't like packing the big heavy stuff for either. I expect to like it, so there will be more Reo's in my life. Thinking I'd be interested in trying a Grand LP as well, maybe another Mini but a LP. The SP's seem to be the way to go so I can use larger artty's, maybe get some of mine converted to BF. Hope to get lucky enough to catch a Woodvil or two eventually too.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
I'm w/ya and that's why I decided to try the REO. Going to get my second one before October :D

You know I do things all the way... so I probably won't wait any longer than it takes to find them for more if I like the Reo's. When the ProVari's called it was 5 in one month with 3 special editions - 2 of them unicorns. Kids play compared to the lastest insanity, almost 4 large worth of GP gear in 2 months - incl the GP unicorn. I don't plan to get too crazy with the Reo's, but then I didn't plan to go hog wild with those others either. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread