Status
Not open for further replies.

AngiBe

Vapeaholic
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
Indy, IN
You might be right... just bought a Vicious Ant Cyclone in the classies. With 3 bf atty's now and only one Reo it's a given I need another Reo right away... right? :)

I think it's required. :)

But......he might be waiting for the new byLeo Dripper Pro first THEN buy another REO ;)

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
But......he might be waiting for the new byLeo Dripper Pro first THEN buy another REO ;)

Not any longer I'm not... after months of misleading delays I gave up on them. Not Billies fault I know, but just the same. I bought a couple of Senio's and an Origen for the PAPS instead. Like them way better than the drawings of the new By Leo's Billie posted pictures of. The Senio's are made for the PAPS, look simply perfect on them, are easy to build and are giving great flavor. Cost more too, but that's Ok.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
OK, picked up the Mini at my mailplace, brought it home, unpacked it and took the required picture. Excellent packaging job by the seller, everything appears to be in very, very good condition.

First impression... I can't believe how small it is. I've never seen size specs on them, have seen pictures of them side by side with a Grand that I also had no idea of the size of, and have read where some folks posted that the Grand's were too big for their hands, etc. Small works for me as I want to carry it in a shirt pocket. The 2 atty's are pretty small too. It's a copper vein, but has patina that makes it look almost all black. I don't have a problem with patina on my alu-bronze mods, etc, but I'll bring this one back to copper vein with my Cape Cod Kit. Will take new pics after I do. Lots going on so may not get it built for a trail run tonight... but may try to do it in the wee hours of the night (I'll be up as usual). Also got some new Ahlusion liquids today to try out, but for the first runs in the Reo I'll use ADV's that I know exactly how they do in all my other mods to get a better idea of the Reo.

The required "before" picture with the brass RM2...

mcv-before.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
Angie girl... I actually think I will like it. Too many folks like you that I have long history with here on ECF rave them for all of it to be hype. I'm seeing this as a dripper that will be way easier to wet the wicks with (in the dark, when driving, when rubbing belt buckles, etc). I know my toppers so don't get dry hits very often... but when I do its an ouch with my long lung hits and some of the battery acids I vape. The 3ml size of the bottles for this one is not very much liquid to me with those long lung hits, so it'll be a dripper of sorts. ;)

BockinBboy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 13, 2014
Illinois
I'm just not sure where the complaints about size come from. I was surprised at how small the grand was when I got it. Everyone who sees it for the first time comments on its small size - most of these folks are used to seeing tube mods, I admit. But, I do have a hard time picturing how small the mini is.

- Bboy

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
From what I've read, I'm not sure the copper vein WILL "come back" - but it's still a VERY sharp-looking setup. I love even the hint of the vein combined with the brass accessories. Hope it vapes GREAT for ya!

OK, picked up the Mini at my mailplace, brought it home, unpacked it and took the required picture. Excellent packaging job by the seller, everything appears to be in very, very good condition.

First impression... I can't believe how small it is. I've never seen size specs on them, have seen pictures of them side by side with a Grand that I also had no idea of the size of, and have read where some folks posted that the Grand's were too big for their hands, etc. Small works for me as I want to carry it in a shirt pocket. The 2 atty's are pretty small too. It's a copper vein, but has patina that makes it look almost all black. I don't have a problem with patina on my alu-bronze mods, etc, but I'll bring this one back to copper vein with my Cape Cod Kit. Will take new pics after I do. Lots going on so may not get it built for a trail run tonight... but may try to do it in the wee hours of the night (I'll be up as usual). Also got some new Ahlusion liquids today to try out, but for the first runs in the Reo I'll use ADV's that I know exactly how they do in all my other mods to get a better idea of the Reo.

The required "before" picture with the brass RM2...

mcv-before.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
From what I've read, I'm not sure the copper vein WILL "come back" - but it's still a VERY sharp-looking setup. I love even the hint of the vein combined with the brass accessories. Hope it vapes GREAT for ya!

You might be right. My Cape Cod Kit didn't even touch the patina. No matter, I like the looks good enough, and like you said especially with the brass accents. Picked one of my custom DT's to further promote the look.

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
OK folks, first build and test run started in the wee hours.....

Took the easy approach for starters to get a base to work from... a 28ga 1/16" 1.0 ohm micro build with a short piece of CC for wicking up tight near the outside deck wall and low for a slightly warmer vape. First run is with a tobacco liquid just because it was handy. Can sum it up in three words... I get it! Make that five words... WOW, I really get it!!! GREAT VTF (although my order of preferences is FVT). I can see I'll need to use more wick for the long lung draws with this little lady, get my squonking routine figured out and will be going through a lot of juice in it. But the FVT performce is all gold stars. Did find one small fly in the mix... the brass button is loose on the original firing button, and firing it with a thumb tends to turn the button off some of the time. Not a big deal, I just need to get to know the Reo better and fine tune how I use it.

Bottom line... it is a winner and there WILL be more Reo's around here. :thumbs:

I'm thinking I need a Grand LP next, maybe a Silver Vein or a Black Wrinkle with a SV or CV or ? contrasting door for the Vicious Ant Cyclone I have coming. I'm still undecided on the bright colors, and the SL's. And with Rob out of o-rings I'll need to find a source for all sizes of them (I only have 2 for the drip well and one for the juice bottle cap). Also need to get other spare parts for the mini from Rob, will order those for the Grand when he has one I want. A Woodvil will be on the docket for whenever I get the opportunity for one... and maybe a VV.

Oops, bottle just ran dry again. Glad I have a lot of large bottles of liquids on hand, I'm going to need them. ;)

Thanks for all your comments and suggestions. :thumb:

The required picture of the Mini's maiden voyage with a custom DT that matches it pretty well.

mcv1.jpg

Spydro

Sindoyen
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2013
nowhither
To get the brass cover to fit, use the piece of string (dental floss?) that should be in the bag. Remove the brass cover, lay the piece of string across the original button and press the brass cover over it. use a knife or scissors to trim the string around the cover.

Congrats on your new REO!

Thanks for the tip, I'll give it a try. In the mean time I have been firing it with the index finger, it works better and is a more natural hold.

Glad you're enjoying it Spydro! I'm happy it went to a good home! And welcome to Reoville!

I haven't put it down. :) Was a pleasure to met and do business with you... also all gold stars.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread