New to vaping, looking to get an 18650 device but overwhelmed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Speedsix

Aug 18, 2013
Indiana
Ok, I just got a Halo G6 kit and a bunch of e-juices. I like the Halo kit but the battery life is not great. I have about 30 18650 batteries and chargers already for LiOn because I'm into flashlights and they use these batteries.

I was thinking about getting a Vamo V3 because it uses 18650, it's cheap and it's available from fasttech which is where I've bought flashlights from before. The problem is, I know nothing about it other than people here say it is good. I was thinking about ordering this:
$32.18 Vamo V3 Brass E-Cigarette Mod Battery Compartment - with extension part at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I also saw a Vamo Vivi. What's the difference? Will just ordering the Vamo itself be all I need since I have batteries and chargers and juice from Halo? Do I need other parts or items or is it pretty much self contained?

Please enlighten me on this as I'm kind of bewildered by all the choices and nomenclature being a newb.

khalbrogo

Aug 23, 2013
Las Vegas, NV
Hi,

Ordering the VAMO V3 would probably be your best bet: it's durable, variable voltage, and handles your batteries quite well. It's pretty much a good 'starter mod' into the world of vaping. I consider it as an all-around device for people with as much experience as yourself or with folks who have been vaping for years. Hope this helps.

evan le'garde

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
You're talking about something to put the liquid in aren't you ?. At the moment what seems most popular is the Kanger Protank II or the original Protank. Fasttech sell Protank clones for a very reasonable price. These things work really well but you will need a few spare coils which can also be purchased from fasttech like a pack of ten for example. So i'd recommend a Vamo V3 with a protank and a few spare coils. All very cheap from fasttech !:)

WarHawk-AVG

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
H-Town
If you dont like the apperance of the V3 (the swirls around the mod), you can get the V4 instead. It's a V2 body with the upgraded V3 internals (display).

Vamo v4 (v2 Body with v3 Guts) $39.59-44.09 | gotsmok.com
misrepresented...it should be called the V2A1... (you can't get a whole new "version" by using parts from OLDER versions...uggh)

Not tooting my own horn
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/fo...05-yet-another-vamo-v3-thread-one-review.html
You need to get batteries, charger and tanks/heads
I'm rocking mine right now..7 watts...AWESOME hit!

You can get this, complete package minus the tank/head
http://www.fasttech.com/products/1411/10004394/1381404

Last edited:

RagingCheese

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 6, 2013
Los Angeles, CA

AutoMax

Aug 23, 2013
Downey, CA
If you're into getting clouds and great taste, the K100 or KTS X6 are both good starter mods. My friend and I got one of each when we were beginning vapers and I couldn't be more happy with my choice!

I started with the K100 2 weeks ago, I am satisfied. The only issue is the MOD bug has bitten me and now I am learning about volts, amps, watts, resistance and I have begun to modify my MOD. I bought a cheap drip tank [Chimbus? Nimbus knock-off I think] I have already made a second air hole and enlarged them both. Now looking into getting better/spare batteries and doing a dual sub-ohm coil setup. This hobby is so addicting that it helped me quit smoking cigs since the day I bought it, and I tried quitting many times before with no success.

Zutroy

May 31, 2013
United Kingdom
Just to mention that the Fasttech m16 clone seems to be of better quality than the v3 clone and has replacement top caps for about 4 bucks. This would give you a cheap mech mod with good electrical conductivity and a source of spares for a low price. You can get the Vamo dead cheap from vaporbreak. The vamo is an excellent device, especially for this price and allows a lot of control and versatility and is well worth getting. The vamo will allow you to experiment and find the setups that you like the most and the m16 will allow you to be a bit more adventurous with your coils and set ups. From what i can tell there's no huge upgrade on the v3 version in terms of what it can do. I would say the v2 looks better than the v3 as well.

A note on the vamo v2: the chromed ones seem to offer a bit better performance and suffer less issues than the stainless version in my personal experience.

As for a device I'd recommend the pro tank as it's a good solid bit of kit, that you can either just use cheap replaceable coils on or, when you get a bit more adventurous, re coil yourself. The glass tank should save you from the tank eroding juices and it delivers a solid vape.

thomasjames0

ECF Veteran
Jul 23, 2012
SoCal, USA
I think the Vamo is a good choice. I have the Vamo V2. The only negative thing that makes me hardly use it is its size. The thing is a monster. i prefer something a little smaller. What about a Sigelei Zmax V3? you can put a 18490/18500 battery in it telescoped to its smallest size and the vape should last a pretty long time.

JonGio

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Yea I have the vamo v2 as well. It's my first apv. I like it. No prob to report and ohm checker and battery voltage seem to be accurate. Still trying to figure out how to check the output voltage with my dmm. Not to hijack but any help is appreciated

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk - now Free

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread