New To Vaping

Status
Not open for further replies.

BTrill

Jan 18, 2015
Houston, Tx
Hey guys!
I was introduced to vaping at the end of 2013 but I only stuck to a Kanger Mini Pro Tank on a Spinner but it just wasn't cutting it for me, waste of money imo, just didnt hit hard enough so I eventually went back to smoking cigs (a pack in 2 days). That was the end of my vaping experience until about 2 weeks ago my girlfriend got hired at a vape shop so I was exposed to it more which made me eventually get back into vaping. Now I am into RDAs, Mech Mods, Box mods. I have given up cigs completely and no longer buy/smoke them. I now build my own coils and cotton by myself. I've built with twisted wire, triple twisted wire, and just made my first clapton coil yesterday. I've realized that no coil is hard to build, it just takes practice and patience.

My collection so far (In order)
Paragon V2 RDA (Clone)
Tobh V2 RDA (Clone)
Plume Veil V1.5 RDA (Clone)
Ragnarok Mod (SS) (Authentic)
Vertex V2 RDA (SS) (Authentic)
IPV 3 (Box mod)
Dark Horse RDA (Clone)
Hobo V2 RDA (Clone)
IPV Mini (Box mod)

Rsunderl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 4, 2014
Silver Spring, MD, USA
dragon welcome2.jpg
Hi, BTrill and welcome to ECF!

Congrats on the quitting cigarettes, and nice collection you have there.

Happy Vaping!

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I've realized that no coil is hard to build, it just takes practice and patience.

Welcome mate! That's a good line, I look forward to using it as though I came up with it. You look like you'll have fun in the RDA section, and since you have to have 5 posts to get your ankle bracelet removed, a few questions:

1. How're you liking your clapton build compared to others, and what'd you build it on, the dark horse?
2. You have a favorite setup out of what you've listed?

Site note: I look forward to texas kolachis spreading throughout the nation. We don't have them here, and everyone thinks I sound a little weird when I'm all, "You don't understand, it's like a donut... with meat!"

BTrill

Jan 18, 2015
Houston, Tx
Welcome mate! That's a good line, I look forward to using it as though I came up with it. You look like you'll have fun in the RDA section, and since you have to have 5 posts to get your ankle bracelet removed, a few questions:

1. How're you liking your clapton build compared to others, and what'd you build it on, the dark horse?

Site note: I look forward to texas kolachis spreading throughout the nation. We don't have them here, and everyone thinks I sound a little weird when I'm all, "You don't understand, it's like a donut... with meat!"

I feel like its more for aesthetics it looks really nice, the flavor is there of course but I haven't found my favorite build yet, took me 3 tries to get the hang of it and you are correct! I built it on the Dark Horse (24 core, 28 wrapped)

So far since I've got this clapton on the Dark Horse I have to run it on the IPV3 which is a awesome box mod! I love it and it heats up my coils beautifully. I also have my PlumeVeil V1.5 on my Ragnarok Mod, this was my original set up and I just run 24g parallel on it. Everything else I just mess around on my box mod.

I was confused at first because I just thought kolaches are EVERYWHERE! I grew up eating them and they're soooooo good! (I dont travel much)

BTrill

Jan 18, 2015
Houston, Tx
nice toolbox you got, I'm still trying to figure out what mech mod to buy as my backup

I found an issue that alot of mech mods with the button set-up like the Ragnarok and the Paragon V2. There will be a short somewhere around the button, the locking ring, and the walls. Due to this the button gets EXTREMELY hot and will even given give you a jolt to the fingers. I've looked it up and other people are even having the same problems.
Solution : Change springs and get a better insulator, or just buy a mech mod that doesn't have this problem!
Took me a week to fix this problem after alot of reading and asking around.

Fragbob

Jan 18, 2015

Wholeheartedly agree. I think I've put on around 10 pounds since I found out about the little buggers. There's a place here that makes these amazing pecan ones that I could scarf down by the fist full.

BTrill

Jan 18, 2015
Houston, Tx
I am really new to vaping. I bought 4 different e-cigs before I figured out they were fakes and that is why they were not working consistently. Have you found an e-cig that is consistent, has a battery life, and does not leak? I really want to quit smoking and I know this will work for me, if I find the right e-cig!! Any suggestions?

I actually found that regular E-Cigs with a small tank and a small battery doesn't cut it for alot of people, just gives a little flavor and a decent amount of smoke sometimes. I found that if you get into mechanical mods the battery will last you a day sometimes, and they recharge way faster than little USB Chargers. My batteries are rated at 2500mah, and they will recharge fully in about 30-45 mins. When I got into vaping 2 weeks ago, I just sat back on youtube and watched a guy named RIPTrippers. He taught me how to build my own coils, to wick them, and Introduction to vaping. It might seem like a hassle to keep up with a mechanical mod but theres no going back to little tanks and little batteries after you've gotten one! You should check out some of his videos!

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
I found an issue that alot of mech mods with the button set-up like the Ragnarok and the Paragon V2. There will be a short somewhere around the button, the locking ring, and the walls. Due to this the button gets EXTREMELY hot and will even given give you a jolt to the fingers. I've looked it up and other people are even having the same problems.
Solution : Change springs and get a better insulator, or just buy a mech mod that doesn't have this problem!
Took me a week to fix this problem after alot of reading and asking around.

my mod has a delrin switch and I use the magnetic option, they include springs too, but my button never gets hot

I actually found that regular E-Cigs with a small tank and a small battery doesn't cut it for alot of people, just gives a little flavor and a decent amount of smoke sometimes. I found that if you get into mechanical mods the battery will last you a day sometimes, and they recharge way faster than little USB Chargers. My batteries are rated at 2500mah, and they will recharge fully in about 30-45 mins. When I got into vaping 2 weeks ago, I just sat back on youtube and watched a guy named RIPTrippers. He taught me how to build my own coils, to wick them, and Introduction to vaping. It might seem like a hassle to keep up with a mechanical mod but theres no going back to little tanks and little batteries after you've gotten one! You should check out some of his videos!

what battery do you use and charger? I use 2500 mah efest batteries, the 35 amp that everyone says are 20amps and I have no idea how they can get away with that but I let my batteries go down the lowest to around 3.7 then charge them and it takes about 3 hours using a nitecore ac only charger with display and auto shutdown when fully charged

BTrill

Jan 18, 2015
Houston, Tx
my mod has a delrin switch and I use the magnetic option, they include springs too, but my button never gets hot

what battery do you use and charger? I use 2500 mah efest batteries, the 35 amp that everyone says are 20amps and I have no idea how they can get away with that but I let my batteries go down the lowest to around 3.7 then charge them and it takes about 3 hours using a nitecore ac only charger with display and auto shutdown when fully charged

I'm using the samsung batteries, 18650 3.7v 25000mAh, and the charger that I'm using is the LUC v4. Its pretty neat because you can change the input that you charge them at. There are 4 slots where you can charge all batteries at 3 different settings, .5A, 1.0A and 2.0A. When you set it at 2.0A it takes 2 of the battery slots away making you able to only use 2 slots. Not a bad thing since they charge very quick!

Bikenstein

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
The Lab

a donut.jpg

OK You just made me download a 4 page recipe for kolaches. Welcome Btrill

Attachments

• a donut.jpg
    a donut.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 9

EvilGenius

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 13, 2014
nj
I'm using the samsung batteries, 18650 3.7v 25000mAh, and the charger that I'm using is the LUC v4. Its pretty neat because you can change the input that you charge them at. There are 4 slots where you can charge all batteries at 3 different settings, .5A, 1.0A and 2.0A. When you set it at 2.0A it takes 2 of the battery slots away making you able to only use 2 slots. Not a bad thing since they charge very quick!

cool, yeah mine can do that too but I just use the factory presets for charging, not sure why your batteries charge faster though, how many mah's being pumped into them? mine is set to 500mah per battery slot (2 in total)

drunkenbatman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 26, 2014
It's windy, USA
I was confused at first because I just thought kolaches are EVERYWHERE! I grew up eating them and they're soooooo good! (I dont travel much)

Sadly, they aren't, or rather, Texas may have .......ized them while in the process of perfecting them. There's some traditional polish version around Chicago/midwest that's baked and has some nut filling, but it's well and truly obsolete and in every way inferior to a box of assorted meat donuts.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread