Newbe to e cigs, first product help would be greatly appriciated!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello! (last paragraph sums everthing up pretty good if you dont like reading..) Ive been smoking Newports for almost a year now, and am looking to switch over to a quality 2 piece E-cig. ive tried the insanly expensive Cirrus at the mall, and though it was ok, it really took a lot of effort to draw even with their so called "smooth draw" hoopla. Well I got a budget of around 60, and was looking at Green Smoke's Express kit and feeling pretty good about buying it with this so called FlavorMax carts, but have heard among others that its like "trying to suck a thick milkshake from a straw", and that is the opposite of what i want from my E-cig. I was attracted to the design of the standard Green Smoke cig, as im a social smoker who goes through a pack about every 4-5 days and have been that way for a few months now.

Im basically looking for something that is around 60-70, is a look-alike cigarette clone (debating if i want a different colored LED though other then orange/red), will give me about 2 packs worth of cigs per cart, has a easy flowing draw, is a 2 piece design where atomizer and cart are one, and some nice flavors would be nice as long as i can find at least one i like. I dont really need the battery to be top of the line, as id probably be able to charge it over night at least every other night and im in the car alot where most smoking takes place. like i said i probaby go though 10 analog bogies on the worst days as a refrence but it is fair to say i may consume more with the e cig since i can do it anywhere.

Green Smoke, V2, and Blu cig have tickled my fancy, but im quite wary of this first purchace... If you've used any or all of these brands (green smoke, v2, cirrus, blu) OR a different brand you think matches my needs the best (easy to draw, 2 packs per cart, standard cig clone, 2 piece design, 50-70 bucks, chocolate or coffee flavor sounds interesting...) any help would be much appriciated! i make a cig last average 3-4 min just timed my self if thats helpful lol. thanks again :)

Del Boy

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
South coast of England UK
Hi ohsleeper. You may well find a lookalike ecig thats ok but there are many more better ecigs for you to enjoy. I can't advise you what the best lookalike ones are. But i would advise you not to close your mind to something a little bigger than a lookalike would be.

I undersatnd the desire to have an e cig that is a lookalike. You are however replacing smoking with an e cig.

When i first started vaping i started on a lookalike. The cartridges didn't give me a fraction of the claimed puffs.

Also i started my vaping journey using golden virginia flavoured liquid in my cartridges. It was only after i'd been vaping for a week that i realised that i had the freedom to vape whatever flavour i chose. I realised that i never smoked because the flavour of Golden Virginia was amazing. I smoked because i had to. I needed to. The taste was just something i had to tolerate.
Well with vaping you can choose whatever flavour you want. There are hundreds to choose from.

For how many cigarettes (analogs) you used to smoke i would advise that you start on 12mg nicotine content. See how you go from there.

I haven't been much help pointing you toward the e cigs you asked about. I have though tried to persuade you not to close your mind to getting something more than something that looks like a cigarette. A lot of us started with a lookalike. Hardly any of us have stayed with that lookalike for more than a week or two. There are much better e cigs.

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
^Good advice above. I'd strongly recommend an ego style battery, like the kgo from Hoosier E Cig Supply. A smaller battery will not only last you less time but also won't give you that strong of a throat hit. The bigger battery is bigger in size, more comparable to a cigar but it isn't that bad, at least in my opinion.

As for a cart that will last you the same amount of time that 2 packs would there isn't one out there except maybe the ego mega dual coil cartos which hold about 3.5-4 ml of juice. The downside to these is that they're dual coils. I personally prefer singles, more efficient battery use by way of power consumption. What I would recommend would be a carto tank setup that holds 3ish ml of juice with a single coil carto. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Thank you Del Boy for your insite, I will take into consideration starting around 12mg when i make a purchace

I will also keep in mind to stay openminded on the cig clone issue; i looked at the link Andyman posted and the black ones that didnt change in diamater along the length seemed equally appealing as a cig clone.. sill kinda want a clone... but im slightly flexable on the issue.

That being said i dont want something that looks like a loaded gun with a uber flux compasiter (that was a joke lol); is it it E-cig "tanks" that im refering to? also what is an "ego" exactly anyway? just simply not a cig clone?

as for the carts, ok maybe 2 packs is asking too much (what do i know), but anything 1 pack or more would be nice

still looking for insite on what my main question was though. also andy the siberian huskies are awesome my favorite breed

andyman97

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 9, 2011
Upstate NY, USA
e-ego%20battery%20black%20%201100%20mah.jpg

Ego is just the style. The pic is what they look like. Here is a picture of my tank setup. You can get tanks in all different styles. Here are some of my tanks. If you want something more incognito, you can always get a darker/smoke colored tube or you can pick up stainless steel style tanks from bigdaddyvapor.com.

IMG_5511.jpg

WYD-5ml-polished-SS.JPG

Thanks, glad you like my pups. They are awesome.

Attachments

• WYD-5ml-polished-SS.JPG
    WYD-5ml-polished-SS.JPG
    13.4 KB · Views: 7

catalyst

ECF Veteran
Feb 19, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama
Excellent advice in this thread. I was looking for the same thing as you. Except I smoked marlboro instead of newports. I used 21st century's starter kit from a gas station. Its actually decent. It fits what you are looking for. It was about 40$. It was a clone. Same colors as a regular cig. The carts are refillable and it broke me of cigs immediately.

That being said....after a week I switched to an ego-t. I love it. It produces more vapor BUT looks like a space age ray gun. I suggest getting a lookalike at first because its what you want. The savings from not smoking will easily give you enough money to upgrade later if you want.

ya im sadly not looking for a space age ray gun. maybe once ... is a legal additive lol BUT i digress.

i guess a more incognito look is what im looking for, but im willing to forgo it being an exact analog clone if proformance i indicated earlier is presented. i will look into 21st century later tonight thank you Catalyst

deach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
IL
Wall Mart, get the Mystic #3 traditional. 27 bucks..two batteries, 3 cartos, wall adaptor, and usb charger. I have had the blu's and although I use them still, I do find myself using the Mistic's even more when I don't' have to use them "hands free" for long periods of time. That's about as cheap of a starter kit as I've seen. The original flavor isn't too bad (I actually like it) and the carto's refill just like any 808 out there. Also the 808 Cartos will work, just leaving a slight gap.

Now then of the ones you mentioned I'd have to say V2 although their way way over priced. My friend got one for Christmas and has been analog free on them ever since.

Good luck to you on your choices,
Greg

CloveHunter

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2012
NYC
All advices here are excellent & most of the veterans here will suggest to avoid cig-clone because of many valid reasons.

But... your, and many others, reason of getting clone is also valid. After all, we are different in need. So, here are some starter kit suggestions which are better in price & value than those brand you already mentioned:

Those brands have good cost & value ratios (V2 is a good product but it is way much overpriced).

Now, here's the catch - as the other already told you, the battery life of clone is... short - but I survived a day with 2-3 spares in my pocket, YMMV. The TH & Vapor might not as excellent as those 'ray gun' (as you phrased it ;)) - but I found they are satisfied enough for my need (for now anyway, hah!).

And of course 2 packs per cart is a myth, well, even 1 pack per cart is also a myth - it all depend on your vaping style, for me it's more like 6-8 analogs per cart max (in the weekend it's like 3-4 analogs per cart since I vape almost non-stop all day long)

All and all, it's your choice. I started with those clone and still using them every day until now, so as long as they keep you away from analog, I think you'll be fine.

Good luck!

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
I believe Hoosier is out of stock on the KGO kit; if so check for it here if interested: SLB KGO Starter Kit I haven't personally used this PV but from all the reviews I'm seeing it looks like an excellent choice to me. If you get this kit I'd recommend choosing the (5-pk) Boge 2.0 ohm cartomizer option that come with it, and also ordering a 5 pack of Smok Tech XL 1.7 Ohm single coil cartos (the XL cartos will hold nearly twice as much liquid as the Boge and you'll get a price break since you're buying the kit.) Also you'll need some e-juice; I'd suggest getting several different flavors in their smallest sizes, probably 60PG/40VG or maybe 70/30. I'd probably advise you too high on the nic level so I'd better shut up about that. :D

If you're determined to get a cig-sized e-cig I'd check out the Volt here: Smokeless Image | Only The Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarettes | Wholesale Electronic Cigarettes | E-Cigarette | Best Electronic Cigarette | Electronic Cigarette Again, never tried it myself but it gets good reviews. What it *doesn't* get is long battery life between charges, or many "cigs-worth" of vapes between topping off, but YVMV.

Best of luck, & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

RickMc

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 26, 2012
Fontana, CA
I was in a similar situation. Eventually decided on SI/Volt. They have a forum in the suppliers (or whatever, I'm new here too) section. I don't think anybody's cartomizers equate to 2 packs/carto. Otherwise, you should be good. I got a pack of "Cowboy" in 18mg, and a pack of "Freedom" in 24 mg. The cravings are more than satisfied - in fact, it seems to me I'm still smoking. The draw is easy. In fact, I've found a long, light draw fills my lungs with "smoke", and I exhale more than I did with my former gold pack "cowboys". re: your budget, $65-ish got my standard starter pack to my door.

Charlz

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Dec 14, 2011
upstate NY
If you are smoking half a pack a day, you might be able to make due with an analog lookalike. The kr808-d1 models are the best of that particular style. All the ones that Clovehunter referenced above are great choices but I don't know about the Smoov- if they are kr8 or not. Volts are the most popular brand. Elite Vaporworks' "elite 808" is on par with the volts for a little less but I've never tried their flavor. You also want to set some of that budget aside for e-juice. Chances are, what you think you'll like, you won't and what you like at first you won't after a few weeks as you get your sence of smell and taste buds back.

There is no such thing as a standard carto equaling 2 packs of smokes. And there is nothing that tastes just like smoking. These are just marketing hooks by slick e-cig pitchmen trying to hook you in. A typical carto may best be equated to half a pack or less but due to the way people draw on them, it varies from person to person. If you buy a bottle of juice you can top them off and they will last a few more days. Also, vaping is different from smoking. Expect to vape twice as much as you smoked, more if you find you enjoy it as much as some of us do.

If you get the kr808 models, make sure you get the 78mm, not the 65mm. I did quit using these models from a PAD habit and eventually upgraded more as a hobby than anything else. Good luck!

Last edited:

Warren D. Lockaby

ECF Veteran
Oct 19, 2011
South Carolina, USA
All advices here are excellent & most of the veterans here will suggest to avoid cig-clone because of many valid reasons.

But... your, and many others, reason of getting clone is also valid. After all, we are different in need. So, here are some starter kit suggestions which are better in price & value than those brand you already mentioned:
<SNIP>

Excellent post, I think, because the bottom line is this: get something you're going to USE, right away. Don't worry about a month from now, it'll take care of itself. Order (or just go out & buy) something you'll be comfortable using today or as soon as the package gets in, otherwise you might get something, try it, toss it in a drawer and forget about the whole "vaping" thing. (Okay maybe not, but lots of folks do exactly that.) These things are really amazing, but they won't work unless they're used.

Blessings to all, & Happy Vaping! :vapor:

deach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
IL
I think honestly before we give so much advise we almost need to ask more questions. While at work, unless on a break (and I can smoke all the time when outside) I am so used to holding a "cig" in my mouth and just continuing on. At some points at work it would actually be dangerous for me to stop what I'm doing to move the cig to my pocket and such. This is the "main" reason I stay mostly with the cig sized. (I do have a 5V mod box but again it's not a mouth holder). While I do realize more MAH equates to longer vaping, to recommend an ego over "some" of the cig sized isn't really accurate. The original ego's were I believe 3.3 or so volts. All of the cig sized I've used were 3.7 plus when when they came off the charger. While that won't last as long, it is more voltage for the time it lasts. Others are 4 or so now when they come off the charger so those would obviously be better.

I guess the bottom line is, if we don't know what people are doing when they smoke, we cannot effectively recommend one over the other....just my .02 YMMV
Deach

Del Boy

ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2011
South coast of England UK
Hi ohsleeper, me again. I am only advising you not to close your mind to something you haven't tried. Vaping isn't smoking. So all i'm saying is why make it look like you are smoking a cigarette when you are clearly not.
Like i said in my first post i do understand why you might want a lookalike having just come off cigarettes. And of course if that is going to make you feel more comfortable then you go for it.

If i were to go back to my earliest post there is a reluctance in me to go for anything other than a lookalike. I thought the 'ray guns' were for heavy duty smokers. People that were in way above their heads.

2 weeks into my 'quit' i realised that 2 hours (maybe 3) battery life just wasn't cutting it. Especially as performance would tail off before the battery drained down. So i upgraded. But i had bought 6 lookalikes to try and sustain my quit effort. So all i was trying to do, in my first post was to kick open a door for you to take a peep into.

I'm gonna try and follow your journey. Cos i have a feeling that, like most of us, you'll be kicking your own doors down in no time...lol

Good luck with your quit. Keep posting up. There is a lot of help available to you on here.

Sam79

Feb 27, 2012
Finland
Hi.

I am relatively new vaper myself (1 month down) I started with Liberro realis (liberro.uk sells em) wich I found after few days of rummaging trough internet, and was very satisfied about the choice. I used to smoke 20ish analog ones/day, with realis I had to recharge battery once/day and change carto about 2-3 times. This posed no problem because of the PCC (4x recharge and 6 slots for replacement cartos) Feel is very similar to smoking analog, exept the taste was amazing =)

After doing more research and buying couple more devices kr808-d1 (similar, but bigger) and Ego-T (much bigger but way more versatile) I have to say that still the taste and feel of the Realis is undefeated...

808 has same looks, but is bigger, more battery life, more juice in cartos but feel and taste are not so great (only my opinion)

Ego provides way more vapour and is way more versatile because of the common 510 threading, wich means you can get all kinds of thingys to try with it, atomizer, cartomizer, tank.. you name it. and has way superior batterylife, but I havent gotten it to put out same kindof feel and taste as the Realis... vapour is cool and tasteless compared to Realis.

All in all I think my first choice was very succesfull and Ill keep using Realis in the future too. Ill allso keep trying new thingys to attach to my Ego-T batteries to get better bang for the buck ;-) 808 Ill save for the rainy day.

I allso ordered my first mod and am crossing my fingers for it to bring some OOMPH! to my home vaping.

I allso have come to the conclusion that Liberro Realis is basically the same product as Tecc Microlite (atleast totallywiched.uk sells em), only difference I can think of is that Tecc Pcc has 5 carto slots, 1 charger slot and 1 slot for battery+carto. in my opinion its better than Liberro's 6 carto + 1 charger wich leaves you carrying your attached carto+battery in your pocket =/

I havent yet found a vendor other than Liberro.uk that would sell empty cartos to Realis/Tecc microlite wich is kindof drawback, since they charge 10£ for shipping to Europe outside UK...

All vendors seem to sell prefilled cartos, but I like weird tastes more than tobacco/menthol, and insides of prefilled carts seem to be of lesser quality than the empty ones.

I can esily recommend Realis/Tecc Microlite for anyone who would prefer to have analog cigarette feel on their device and vaping experience.

+ Great taste
+ Nice amount of vapour
+ size & looks of normal cigarettes
+ Pcc to counter short battery life and small carto size
- Short battery life
- Small carto, more frequent refills

Just my opinion. Hope it helps someone =)

Last edited:

deach

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 24, 2011
IL
Hi.

I am relatively new vaper myself (1 month down) I started with Liberro realis (liberro.uk sells em) wich I found after few days of rummaging trough internet, and was very satisfied about the choice. I used to smoke 20ish analog ones/day, with realis I had to recharge battery once/day and change carto about 2-3 times. This posed no problem because of the PCC (4x recharge and 6 slots for replacement cartos) Feel is very similar to smoking analog, exept the taste was amazing =)

After doing more research and buying couple more devices kr808-d1 (similar, but bigger) and Ego-T (much bigger but way more versatile) I have to say that still the taste and feel of the Realis is undefeated...

808 has same looks, but is bigger, more battery life, more juice in cartos but feel and taste are not so great (only my opinion)

Ego provides way more vapour and is way more versatile because of the common 510 threading, wich means you can get all kinds of thingys to try with it, atomizer, cartomizer, tank.. you name it. and has way superior batterylife, but I havent gotten it to put out same kindof feel and taste as the Realis... vapour is cool and tasteless compared to Realis.

All in all I think my first choice was very succesfull and Ill keep using Realis in the future too. Ill allso keep trying new thingys to attach to my Ego-T batteries to get better bang for the buck ;-) 808 Ill save for the rainy day.

I allso ordered my first mod and am crossing my fingers for it to bring some OOMPH! to my home vaping.

I allso have come to the conclusion that Liberro Realis is basically the same product as Tecc Microlite (atleast totallywiched.uk sells em), only difference I can think of is that Tecc Pcc has 5 carto slots, 1 charger slot and 1 slot for battery+carto. in my opinion its better than Liberro's 6 carto + 1 charger wich leaves you carrying your attached carto+battery in your pocket =/

I havent yet found a vendor other than Liberro.uk that would sell empty cartos to Realis/Tecc microlite wich is kindof drawback, since they charge 10£ for shipping to Europe outside UK...

All vendors seem to sell prefilled cartos, but I like weird tastes more than tobacco/menthol, and insides of prefilled carts seem to be of lesser quality than the empty ones.

I can esily recommend Realis/Tecc Microlite for anyone who would prefer to have analog cigarette feel on their device and vaping experience.

+ Great taste
+ Nice amount of vapour
+ size & looks of normal cigarettes
+ Pcc to counter short battery life and small carto size
- Short battery life
- Small carto, more frequent refills

Just my opinion. Hope it helps someone =)

I watched the review for that...looked OK to me.

Riverboat

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 15, 2012
Arizona
Really? Why waste your money a cigarette look alike... Im telling you Ive been at this vaping for 2+ years and started with a Joye 510...After a couple of months I jumped into my first mod(a Provape1) added a Joye 510 Low Resistace atomizer and never looked back.. You were a real smoker right? The small units just cant compete with an analog... trust me they are a waste of time, short battery life and low vapor production when compared to a real e-cig......A MOD with LR attys or Variable Voltage/watts............ And as far as e-liuid goes I love all VG(great vapor production) @ 36mg to satisfy my nic fix.... You will never smoke again once you are set up right..

ambition

ECF Veteran
Feb 5, 2012
Australia
Ohsleeper333

Welcome mate.
I love how quickly people are discouraged from purchasing cig clones. You're a social smoker, so why not get a cig clone?

Mate, for you as a 4-5 cig a day social smoker, battery life is not a concern for you at all.

Green smoke and Blu cigs, while sexy, they're really not satisfying. The vapor is crap with blu. Skip them and go for something like the volt from smokeless image (already suggested).

Here's why...
Really really simple.
Good vapor production
Good throat hit
Warm vapor
Easy 2 piece design
Cartos are easy to refill or you can buy prefilled.
Sealed auto battery (less likely to wreck it)
Well priced with excellent quality
The right size and shape for someone that wants to "social smoke" and look/feel like they're smoking without actually smoking.
Did I mention really really simple?

With a standard size volt battery you (with your light smoking habits) will go all day on 1 charge easily, but you're never gonna find a carto that will last a pack or even half a pack. That's just how it is I'm afraid.

If you start smoking more, like a pack a day or something, the KGO starter kit is a great unit, in fact it's really great, but its benefits are totally wasted on social smokers and it's larger size will make you feel like a right tool that's doing something weird while your buddies are smoking.

I'm buying a kgo for myself for home use as I spend alot of time at home (it's my office too) and I was a heavy smoker and now I chain vape. I still use my kr808 cig clone batteries every day whenever I leave the house and when these finally die (they're a year old) I will be getting more. They are that good.

Warren D Lockaby above summed it up the best. Get what you're gonna use.

Btw never had much luck finding a coffee or chocolate flavour that tastes right, but maybe my Aussie taste buds are the problem there. Newport juice from Dekang... you can buy Dekang juices almost anywhere, is a really good cheap menthol juice. Yeah ok it's not the same as a Newport cig, but it's still good. Give it a crack mate and let us know how you go.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread