Status
Not open for further replies.

jessermay

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
York, PA
Good Morning! So I did a bunch of research while deciding what to do to help me quit smoking & decided on ecigs. This past Saturday I received my halo g6 & so far I am enjoying it, I love being able to use different flavors & I just order some more flavors from vape dudes & can't wait to try those out! I'm having a hard time giving up the analogs tho & was just wondering how everyone else has done & how long it took to give up the analog? I have seriously cut back a lot but I'm still hanging on to it for some reason. Any tips are welcome!!

El_tecolote

Moved On
Apr 10, 2013
Congrats on making the switch! When I first started vaping, it took me a couple weeks to fully put aside the analogs. It's now been three years or thereabouts for me and I can no longer tolerate even the smell of cigarette smoke. I smoked for over 25 years. Keep at it and your determination will reap the rewards of better overall health. Only caveat is once you get into vaping, be prepared to open your wallet now and then, but it's well worth it. :toast:

Welcome....I am a newbie too, but wanted to mention that maybe you are not using a high enough strength of nicotine. I think I have discovered that mine is to high for my chain vaping and is upsetting my stomach, but I enjoy vaping so much! I know that switching is different for everyone but I smoked for 30 years and made the change to vaping without smoking another analog! Good luck and hang in there!

woofpuppy

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 9, 2013
Ohio
www.youtube.com
Hello & welcome! It's great you're making the switch. Getting off analogs can be a slow process or an overnight one, just depends on you. If you're having a hard time quitting the stinkos, ask yourself what a traditional cigarette is giving you that an e-cig is not. Is it related to nicotine? The feel of a traditional cigarette in your hand? The amount of smoke vs. vapor? Once you know you can adjust your e-cig use to fill the gap!

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Some have quit instantly while others slowly cut down until one day they woke up and either:
a/ forgot to light their first analog
b/ discovered they enjoyed vaping more than smoking
For at least the first 2- 4 weeks the body is getting rid of toxic analog chems. Some of these are more addictive than the actual nicotine. Just enjoy the ride and realize every less smoked analog is SUCCESS IMO :thumbs:
Cheers and the Very Best of Luck.

Sklarzo

Feb 14, 2013
Long Island
I had my last cigarette the day I got my Ego T in the mail. I guess i'm lucky in that I didn't even have huge cravings for a real cigarette at all. I'm sure the 24mg strength I was vaping helped in reducing my cravings, but i've since reduced it down to 12-16mg.

Good job in making the switch and good luck! This stuff quickly turns into a hobby. Have fun with it and stay healthy

Vapoor eyes er

ECF Guru
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Sep 13, 2011
Toronto, Ont.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread