Newbie with a 51 Trio RN4081, and my next purchase

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everyone! I'm a 22-year old student and resort professional. I want to briefly introduce myself, describe my experiences thus far, and get some feedback on my next purchase.

I quit smoking cigs for about a year and a half, mainly using marijuana as a substitute for quitting. As my career progressed, I found it hard to continue my pot habit, and as I quit smoking pot, I regressed back to cigarettes. It started as a drunk night in a bar, and you can guess the rest. Now, I've been smoke free for about a week.

I've spent maybe 10 hours on these forums trying to ingest as much knowledge as possible. There seems to be an overload of information, so I'll just ask, although the questions are buried somewhere in the thousands of threads I'm sure.

I purchased a 51 Trio, or as I understand, a RN4081, starter kit from the local mall; $99.95. I know now I got ripped off, but I'm not bitter about the purchase because it lead me to this community and sub-culture. One of my batteries has already malfunctioned; it only hits when you drag it wayyy too hard. I am now direct dripping which, in my humble opinion, provides superior taste, vapor and quality.

The things I like about my RN4081: Good throat hit (just harsh enough), cool diamond on the battery looks sleek.

The things I dislike: dead battery, poor customer service from 51, short battery life, not enough vapor for me (people say it produces a thick vapor, but I want more), overpriced.

So, I've decided to say screw 51 and the RN4081 and purchase a new set-up. Here's how I've prioritized my purchase:

1. Must have a mini; don't want anything too bulky.
2. Lots of thick, high quality Vapor (sometimes my 51 feels like I'm sucking air)
3. Adequate throat hit, nothing exceedingly harsh, but again if it feels like I'm sucking air it frustrates me.
4. Don't have to drag too hard (my weaker 51 battery only switches on when I drag the crap out of it; very frustrating)
5. Good battery life
6. Durability; I have an Otter Box on my IPhone and have been known to drop valuable things from time to time
7. Atomizers I don't have to clean or replace very often; low maintenance

As far as liquids go, I don't want to mix liquids myself to come up with a high vapor solution. Taste is not as important; good vapor (lots of it, thick, high quality) and decent throat hit are my primary concerns in a vapor.

I am considering the 510 atomizer with the KR808D-1 automatic battery. ScottBee's voltage test helped convince me.

So here are my questions:

1) Do you think this set-up will adequately fulfill my PV needs with respect to the priorities I have listed? If not, what suggestions would you make?

2) What are some common problems/frustrations I may encounter with such a set-up?

3) What liquid do you recommend to produce lots of thick, high quality vapor?

4) Is there any other advice you can provide specific to my situation that helped you when you were a newbie?

5) What's a low cost, reliable vendor where I may purchase my set-up and liquids? (I want to ensure I'm getting high quality parts!)

Thanks to everyone for your time, and the awesome support this site offers. I'm glad to have found this community.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread