NewSunshine - Can you explain this China EMS movement activity?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Yes I have always used registered airmail until now. I was tracking this package and no where did it say it was returned to HC. They have re sent with a new tracking number so I will see what happens this time. No need to start a dispute at Paypal, they will refund if I don't get my package.

Just wanted to let newsunshine know I was not a happy customer at the moment. :( Would have been nice if they had asked me before re sending...

If it showed departed from Guangzhou and then reappeared as arrived in Guangzhou several days later that indicates it is being returned as it should have left the country. Also, if you track in Chinese language and use Google or Bing translate you get much more information. The Chinese language tracking gives status and will actually say "returned from security." I think this is Chinese customs or border security blocking the package from being put on board an aircraft due to something that looked suspicous on the x-ray. What did your package contain? Mine had two Ego VV/VW apvs, viva nova coil heads, vivi nova metal bases, 501 to 801 adapters, eternity coil set and two drip tips. I think the eternity coil set looked funky on the x-ray and that is possibly why it was returned, but no way to really know. Was there anything in your package that might have shown up as suspicious on an x-ray?

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
Hi kiwivap :) I am waiting on newsunshine to answer me here before I would recommend anything at the moment.... sad never had a problem with HC before but this is a little silly to re send it again with out asking me. I have sent e mail to them saying if it is returned this time I want a full refund, Will let you know here if it arrives or is sent back to HC again :(

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
OMG. I was going to order from HC for the first time and then I read this whole thread.
Can anyone tell me what DHL is? is it better than EMS? I am confused about shipping methods now.
I am so wondering if I should not bother ordering....

It depends on where you live and what the laws are in your country regarding ecigs. If they are not legal than you should not use DHL under any circumstances. DHL is a delivery company similar to FedEx, UPS, TNT, etc. that is owned by Deutsche Post (the German Post Office). It is a reliable and fast courier service and provides service worldwide. EMS with HC should not even be considered right now as they are having significant problems getting EMS packages to leave China as many shipments are being returned to them by Chinese customs security with the packages never leaving China. It baffles me while they still ship packages by EMS at this time.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Hi kiwivap I am waiting on newsunshine to answer me here before I would recommend anything at the moment.... sad never had a problem with HC before but this is a little silly to re send it again with out asking me. I have sent e mail to them saying if it is returned this time I want a full refund, Will let you know here if it arrives or is sent back to HC again

Until this EMS nightmare happend to me, HC has been a reliable and honest supplier. Between me and my brother over 40 orders were delivered to us with no problems by China Post Registered Airmail (some came as fast as five days while other orders took up to two weeks but we received them all). This was our first order (we ordered together due to the higher shipping cost of EMS) since HC switched to EMS only to Thailand and it will be our last until they resume shipping by China Post Registered Airmail again.

Once it is returned again they will refund your money. I got my refund the same day they got it back but I submitted a help desk ticket within an hour of its return to HC the second time and also updated my thread on HC's ECF forum regarding the shipping status. I don't know how fast you will get your refund unless you take a proactive approach with them as I did.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
It depends on where you live and what the laws are in your country regarding ecigs. If they are not legal than you should not use DHL under any circumstances. DHL is a delivery company similar to FedEx, UPS, TNT, etc. that is owned by Deutsche Post (the German Post Office). It is a reliable and fast courier service and provides service worldwide. EMS with HC should not even be considered right now as they are having significant problems getting EMS packages to leave China as many shipments are being returned to them by Chinese customs security with the packages never leaving China. It baffles me while they still ship packages by EMS at this time.

Thanks for replying. I'm in New Zealand, like Yves. Ecigs aren't illegal here.

kiwivap

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 14, 2012
New Zealand
Hi kiwivap :) I am waiting on newsunshine to answer me here before I would recommend anything at the moment.... sad never had a problem with HC before but this is a little silly to re send it again with out asking me. I have sent e mail to them saying if it is returned this time I want a full refund, Will let you know here if it arrives or is sent back to HC again :(

Hi Yves, thanks. I remember you saying once before you had bought from them ok. I am wondering if I used DHL if it would be ok. I'll give it some thought.
Yes, please do let me know what happens. PM me if you want to know some fast US vendors for vivi stuff. Do you have enough vivi heads? PM me if you run out - I have some 2.8 ohms and could send you a couple.

Last edited:

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Thanks for replying. I'm in New Zealand, like Yves. Ecigs aren't illegal here.

If they are legal there and you are not buying juice or batteries (which will delay your order for outgoing custom's inspection) you should have no trouble with DHL shipping. You will probably receive your order in two to three days after it ships.

zer0ith

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 28, 2011
Burlington, Ontario
It depends on where you live and what the laws are in your country regarding ecigs. If they are not legal than you should not use DHL under any circumstances.

Yeah sorry bud, but I have to call you out on that.

DHL is just as reliable for shipping ecigs as any other postal service. The only thing is you might get slapped with additional shipping fees (but that's aside from the point). Their clearance rate is just as good if not better than regular mail service.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Yeah sorry bud, but I have to call you out on that.

DHL is just as reliable for shipping ecigs as any other postal service. The only thing is you might get slapped with additional shipping fees (but that's aside from the point). Their clearance rate is just as good if not better than regular mail service.

The issue is not DHL it is customs in the receiving country. DHL requires an accurate commercial invoice. If ecigs are illegal in the destination country the package will either be refused entry or seized by customs. It has nothing to do with DHL's quality of service.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Well I put in an order using DHL. It should be ok. If not there'll be recourse through paypal. Thanks for the advice Jackbox.

Since you are in NZ and they are legal there, you should have no problem. Just keep an eye on the tracking at DHL | Global | English so you know when to expect it. Good luck and report back your experience.

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
This is the current status of the resent order ;)

2012-11-23 17:49:00 XIAMEN Posting
2012-11-23 19:12:51 XIAMEN Arrival at Sorting Center
2012-11-23 19:31:36 XIAMEN Despatch from Sorting Center
2012-11-25 01:48:00 GUANGZHOU Despatch from Sorting Center

If it is going normally it should appear in your country in one to three days depending on where you are located. If there is no more tracking and it is longer than that then must likely after four to six days it will reappear in Guangzhou returned from "security" having never left the country. Use the Chinese language tracking and translate it for much more detailed information. Often, there are scan on the Chinese language tracking that never appear on the English version of the China EMS Tracking.

Yves

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 23, 2012
Matamata, New Zealand
Can you post a link to the china EMS Tracking please :)

I found it currently it say left on way to Auckland NZ we shall see :)

Translation:

The Xiamen Branch International Business Department Lanshou in 2012-11-23 17:31:00
2012-11-23 17:49:00 Xiamen Branch Eastern international football cast stations Acceptance
2012-11-23 19:12:51 reaches the processing center in Xiamen from Eastern Software Park, Xiamen Branch football vote Station
2012-11-23 19:31:38 leave the treatment center in Xiamen, sent to Guangzhou
2012-11-24 13:43:00 reaches the processing center in Guangzhou from Xiamen
2012-11-25 01:48:00 leaving the treatment center in Guangzhou, sent to Auckland

Last edited:

jackbox

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 25, 2012
Thailand (U.S. Expat)
Can you post a link to the china EMS Tracking please :)

Here they are. Google search finds them easy.

English language
Chinese language

Good luck with that. If you have an experience like mine I feel your pain.

china ems.jpg

Last edited:

ByeByeCoffinNails

ECF Veteran
Mar 4, 2012
Kakapo Kountry (New Zealand)
Hi Yves and Newsunshine!

At least you can access to China EMS tracking data, but as often happens, all I get is an error 500 code (internal server error).

My order was shipped November 9th according to the HC email. Tracking number RA349077927CN.

New Zealand Post says that "Picked up. Your item has been collected by the overseas postal service and is en route to their depot." on the 12th of November.

My parcel has no liquid in it and I'm beginning to get suspicious it's been turned back to HC at the Chinese border, but since the tracking site isn't working- I can't find out.

I'm not making another order from HC until the EMS mail problem ends. I'm not paying the DHL price.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread