Status
Not open for further replies.

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Hi Fazed,
I've been working on "my" snus mod, and have a quick question.
I'm want to use this switch from madvapes Tactile Switch with Round Actuator, 300g
but I'm not sure what to do with the 5th leg that is in the middle.
I know I only need to use 2 of the legs, and to simply cut off the other 2, but that fifth one is unclear to me.

Just cut it off. You don't need it either.

Also, as far as the fuze go, will these work 10 uF 10v Multi Layer Capacitor
thanks,

Nope. A capacitor is a different thing altogether.

You need these. http://www.mouser.com/Search/m_Prod...ha2pyFadugTTNuNebYtys4WJzU3YM2eUoMlZMQe%2bwI=

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
I'm now having a doubt about something...I want to recess the ati, in this case a vision eternity, but now I'm afraid that its next to the battery, and this might cause problems...could you please tell me if I'm risking anything with this (roughly) set up? The button, btw, is between the battery and the atomizer...thanks...first mod here :)
View attachment 191235

The only problem with that I can see is if the atty puts off excessive heat. Heat is bad for batteries obviously, so maybe putting some type of insulator between the atty and the battery.

BTW, I'm digging the pre warning label tin you got there. Very nice!

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Thanks man, I got that a long time ago, and always kept it because I thought I would some day do something with it...well, that day has arrived.
tell me, do you think that one of these switches would work as an on/off switch
SCI R13-297A-05 sur le site Internet Conrad | 705394
Commutateur basculant TRD sur le site Internet Conrad | 701709
i had a slight set back yesterday and have had to take a slightly different approach, but I'd already made a hole for the fire button, and one to expose the on/off switch, so I have to make it work.
if i am understanding correctly, I'll have to wire as such
Bettery + to fuse
Fuse to on/off switch
Switch to fire button
Button to 510 center
510 outer to Bettery -
I'm thinking no led in this build

oh and I've decided to go with a 18350 instead of the 18490 shown above

Thanks for everything,

Lou

Fazed

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 22, 2011
Lexington, Kentucky
Thanks man, I got that a long time ago, and always kept it because I thought I would some day do something with it...well, that day has arrived.
tell me, do you think that one of these switches would work as an on/off switch
SCI R13-297A-05 sur le site Internet Conrad | 705394
Commutateur basculant TRD sur le site Internet Conrad | 701709

Those are awfully large switches... Personally, I would hunt for something smaller...

i had a slight set back yesterday and have had to take a slightly different approach, but I'd already made a hole for the fire button, and one to expose the on/off switch, so I have to make it work.
if i am understanding correctly, I'll have to wire as such
Bettery + to fuse
Fuse to on/off switch
Switch to fire button
Button to 510 center
510 outer to Bettery -
I'm thinking no led in this build

oh and I've decided to go with a 18350 instead of the 18490 shown above

Thanks for everything,

Lou

The wiring diagram sounds right.

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Those are awfully large switches... Personally, I would hunt for something smaller...

I just want to make extra sure ;) we'll see what they look like when they get here...i was trying to go by the specs of other on/off switches I read about in other threads, and those are the specs that seem to be the same...I'm not sure what i need in a switch to be honest...some people seem to think that the original switch that comes with the battery boxes are not good enough, some even claim to have fried them, but I have no idea...i will soon though :)

Thanks

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
Hi Fazed and/or everyone else,
I'm still waiting to receive some parts that i ordered, including the on/off above, but I'm tired of waiting :) so I'm trying to reuse the on/off that came with a 2aa battery case i have...
the switch initially came with the negative soldered to it, but that came off while i was man handling it, so i reduced the switch to fit and ended up with the picture that is attached...there are 3 teeth, and I'm not sure which one of them to solder the fuse to however, it seems that the negative wire was soldered to the middle one.

Anyway, thanks for any info,

Lou
IMG_1201.jpg

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
neg goes to middle, pos goes to whichever side you wanna slide the switch to the on position.

Oh cool...thanks. In my case, do I still need to solder to the negative to the middle one?
and in that case, the wiring diagram goes:

Bat + to fuse
Fuse to on/off switch (either side)
Switch (other side) to fire button
Button to 510 center
510 outer to bat -
?on/off switch middle (neg)??

Thanks

L

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
The thing with apoxy is that I live in Switzerland, and the only thing I found called apoxy seems to come out of a glue gun. I have one of those, so I guess I'll just try it with that then.
I'm worried about the on/off and glue getting inside. I found 2 very small screws, so I might use them to hold that in place.
As far as the heat thing, I'm waiting on some parts to arrive...oddly enough, on the same day, I ordered some flashlights from china and parts from an inline elec in Switzerland and I got the flashlights today, but not the stuff from Switzerland...go figures
Thanks for the ideas

L

LouEyez

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 28, 2013
Geneva
well, it's done...it looks the same as the pic above,so I wont post them again.
I ended up screwing the on/off switch onto the tin, and used a piece of the thumb of an oven mitt to separate the battery from the atomizer.

I wanted to thank everyone here that helped me along the way to making my first mod...
Special thanks to Fazed for posting this...I always knew I would make something out of that snus tin...so thanks again

All the best,

Lou

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread