NJoy NPro RN4081 questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

jova3

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
El Paso currently
I had ordered the njoy thing before I did the research and found out you could get the RN4081 for half the price and the cartridges for a fourth the price from other suppliers. I'll probably go through puresmoker for additional purchases.

So anyways, I have some questions about the product.

How long are these cartridges supposed to last?
I don't know if I'm doing something wrong or do these cartridges just suck. It seems like I'm getting the equivalent of about 3 analogs out of one cartridge, when I've read the cartridge should be the same as 6-8 cigarettes. Is there a way to get more juice out of these things?

What is the battery life on these things? How do you know if the battery isn't providing enough power and it needs to be switched? The njoy info says to let them charge initially for 3 hours.

Dripping? I read something online about drawing the liquid from the cartridges and dripping it directly onto the vaporizer and ditching the fiber thing in there. Does this damage the vaporizer or shorten its lifespan?

When I puff on this thing, it's like I'm puffing on a hookah. The way I'm using it is take a couple of pulls to get the thing smoking, and then take a drag. I have no clue if that's how it's supposed to be done.

I've already spent money on this model, so maybe the next time I'll go with the DSE 901 since that modle seems to be the one most preferred. Someone recommended the screwdriver. But for right now, I'm just going to go with what I got.
For the most part I like it. I've only smoked 3 real cigarettes today when normally I've smoked about 10 this far into the day.

Any other suggestions or comments reguarding this product would be greatly appreciated.

schnauzer4me

Mar 5, 2009
Tn
i maybe one of the very few that really like my npro - the carts dont last as long as they say - and it does depend on how often you vape - there is a thread on here somewhere about this brand- full of great info you can do a search - i dont know how to post link .
sometimes the carts do leak- althought i have found this with most brands -
i now have five different styles
i am pretty new only about 2-3 months - i have found taking a "primer puff" then a slow even puff works well with all styles -
i use juice to top off carts - usually three drops in cart and one or two on atomizer
most suppliers have re-fill carts cheap
the npro is also rn4081, ps's peewee (i think) , 102mm, also called supermini - if that helps at all
good luck! i have not smoked since gettimg mine first kit

Your not the only one! I enjoy my NJOY PRO as well, I have found the cartridges to last me about 3/4 to an entire day (don't vape ALL the time). Some carts do seem to leak a little...a little to much liquid if the battery isnt charged up fully. I agree a primer puff and then a slow even drag works best for this one. I havnt refilled my carts with juice yet, trying to figure out which stuff to get and from who. Question: are there cheaper carts that fit the NPRO? 19.99 is a heavy price for 10 NPRO carts...still cheaper than smoking though!

Treece

ECF Veteran
Mar 22, 2009
USA
I like my NPRO, too. I've had mine a little over three weeks, and I think I'll have to return one of the batteries, but that seems to be par for the course. I ordered a Peewee from Puresmoker (same thing as the NPRO) as a back-up. I'm not bothered too much by the need to keep topping the carts off because it keeps me from over-vaping, I think.

Anyway, I ordered pre-filled Peewee carts from Puresmoker and I like them *much* better than the NPRO carts. A better taste and they seem to last longer. I'm trying various liquids and so far like the stuff from Dietsmokes and Janty (the only ones I've tried). With the liquid, I use a cart for a couple of days. I'm keeping the old ones to clean and re-use.

The NPRO is overpriced, but they offer a 1-year warranty on parts, which is nice. Still, I'd advise you to order spare atomizers/batteries as back-ups because you never know when a part will fail.

Treece

planetofthevapes

ECF Veteran
Feb 28, 2009
Pandhandle of Nebraska
I have always been told that dripping is GREAT for the atomizer, bad for the battery. The liquid will inevitably leak through the hole in the atomizer and get to the battery and kill it. I have had this happen a few times. Always remember it's a good idea to separate the atomizer from the battery between uses. When I used my NPRO more regulary, I also took a couple primer puffs before each drag, it does help them work better (helps get the liquid to the atomizer it seemed). I always topped my NPRO carts off after every other vaping setting or so (keeps the atomizer from getting to dry which will lead to it quitting on you sooner). All of my NPRO cartridges were covered in liquid when I first opened a new one, and yes, they always leave residue on the atomizer, just remember to wash your hands, it's normal. The thing I also loved about NJOY was the warranty. To date they have sent me 3 replacement atomizers and a new battery (I have ahd it about six months, but I only use it here and there, the draw was too hard for me personally). They have never given me issues, never argued, just apologized and promptly sent me new parts, which I think is totally awesome.

Oh, and a battery would last a few hours for me (with minimal usage) but only an hour for my husband (we draw different). The battery, you will notice, will blink at you when it is time to change it, or when you notice vapor diminishing, you can change it out then as well.

WillPower

ECF Veteran
Mar 25, 2009
MA, USA
You will find that refilling carts are much cheaper and you can put any flavor liquid you want. To do this, I suggest that you save all used carts (including the white gel cap) and, if needed, buy some more empty carts from PS.

You look inside the cart, you will see the inner cart. You need to put the liquid in this tiny inner cart. Some people suggest that you pop the inner cart out to fill it. But I, myself, find it easier to just use a syringe (which you can purchase from PS and other online e-cig vendors).

1) Put a syringe into the liquid and draw a couple of milliliters (ml).

2) Put the syringe, the niddle, into the cart, and push the niddle into the inner cart, the white sponge-like stuffing. It is better to aim at the side of this sponge than at the middle, just be sure that the niddle is inside the inner cart.

3) Push your niddle down to the bottom of the inner cart (kind of push aside the stuffing).

4) IMPORTANT. Slowly inject little less than 0.3 ml, say .25 ml. If you put more than that, it will overflow.

5) Put the white gel cap back on. You are done.

I usually refill 20-30 at a time, refill the syringe as needed, any leftover when done, dump back into the bottle.

1 ml = 20 drops. So you are putting about 6 drops into each cart. On average 15 puffs per analog. You get about 15 puffs from .1 ml or 2 drops. So, that's why you get about 3 decent analog equivalent from 1 cart.

You can get e-liquid at about less than $1 /ml. 30ml costs less than $30. So, you are refilling a cart at about 30 cents per cart.

Nicotine Content. At first, you should use a high concentration than you need just to make sure you get enough to stay away analogs. But the number works out this way:

When they say 18mg, that is 18 mg of nicotine per ml. People take in about 1 mg of nicotine from analog (full, light, ultralight do not vary a lot).

So, if you want the "equivalent" amount of nic, 2 drops or .1 ml should have 1 mg. Around 10mg e-liquid would do it.

However, you could also dilute the e-liquid. Call around local pharmacies for Propylene Gylcol. I got mine from Target pharmacy at $12.99 for 473 ml or 1 pint. Works out as about 3 cent per ml.

Get yourself 18 mg e-liquid, put 1 ml into a small container and add 1 ml of PG into the same container, close the lid and shake it up like a martinini. Now you have 9 mg e-liquid at 52 cent / ml, less than 18 cents to refill your cart.

If you want to do this, I suggest you try small amount first. Diluting cuts the flavor as well--which turns out to be a no big deal for me. In addition, if you look at DIY forum here, you will see many interesting flavors you can add youself.

I started with NPro, moved onto DSE901 (was okay, easy to top off, more vapor). Now I am thinking of moving to e-cigar (RN 4062).

Hope this helps.

jova3

ECF Veteran
Mar 21, 2009
El Paso currently
Question: are there cheaper carts that fit the NPRO? 19.99 is a heavy price for 10 NPRO carts...still cheaper than smoking though!

Yeah, I found them on puresmoker for way cheaper, and everything I'm hearing from this forum buying the liquid and refiling them yourself is the cheapest way to go and I'll probably take that route. my only problem now is I didn't order a whole lot of stuff for this because I wasn't sure if I'd like it or not, and now that I know I do like it, I'm in Iraq and have to wait 3-4 weeks for mail.

Trayler_Trash

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Murray, UT - USA
I also love my Npro... have found that Ecigarettecigar also has a device called the Super Mini and the parts also fit the Npro..

I found that it is a good idea to keep a spare atomizer on had especially if dripping or experimenting with your own e-liquid brews. I ordered a couple from Ecigarettecigar after destroying mine today and got a email that it already shipped! (On a Sunday)

yeah I saw ecigarettecigar.com as well...these guys were awesome! It was the same cigarette (RN4018)...the Npro/PeeWee...all the same.

It is different than the Njoy starterkit...ecigarette cigar actually gives you two atomizers instead of just one and its 30 bucks cheaper!!

I ordered their kit for my girlfriend and I had it in less than 3 days...Excellent service from Ecigarettecigar.com!

Thanks for the advice...I have ordered juice from puresmoker and johnson creek...its been a few days and I have not heard from any of them...no shipping confirms...nothing...Its quite irritating after the great customer service from ecigarettecigar!

Trayler_Trash

ECF Veteran
Apr 2, 2009
Murray, UT - USA
I agree these guys are great... I was in no way expecting a reply from them on a Sunday and was way surprised.

Just checked the shipping and mine is here in Salt Lake so should be delivered today.

With all others I have ordered from, I have had horrible communications from them. I just kinda wrote that off as them getting overwhelmed at times but all the time?

Oh well so far I cant be happier with ecigarettecigar.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread