New to ECF, RN4081 NJoy NPro

Status
Not open for further replies.

matafact

Jan 21, 2011
New England
New here, Couple of questions for the experts. I was a light menthol smoker for years, Salem Lights/Marlboro Menthol lights. Bought a NJoy NPro (Nov 2010), then found a deal on 10 RN4081 batteries (going out of business sale locally), NJoy 18% a bit strong for me.

Found Ecigtech, bought 50 cartridges their light (12%) menthol, which are okay, not great, not turrible, just okay. My thinking was to get my feet wet with prefilled cartridges, then eventually move on to filling my own. Now reading about cartomizers, wonder if I should go that route. Have tried a friends Blu, think their menthol is kind of nasty.

Got that mad scientist thing going, rolled my own most of last few years, always in search of the perfect light menthol tobacco, now trying vaping as alternative.

Questions:

1. Keep reading about Smoke Sticks Carto's, will they work with RN4081 batteries or do they require an adapter? Part B. Kind of like the look of Smoke Sticks cases, will they work w/standard RN4081 Batteries? And why no green cases? Us Menthol guys get no respect I tell ya, lol. Could foresee a Pitbull in my future, but with 11 RN4081 Batteries, be a bit yet is all, lol.

2. E-Cig liquids, what would work or be equivalent to a Salem/Marlboro Light Menthol? And best refill option? i.e. Double cartridges? Stick with RN4081 Atomiser? Cartomizer?

3. Debating a USB pass-through, seems most rave about diff from reg batteries, geek, spend a lot of time at computer, wonder if it may be the way to go. Any thoughts, suggestions, recommended suppliers?

4. Kind of like the PCC cases I have seen, who makes a good looking one that works well with RN4081 Batteries? Most of the ones I have seen are just black, and ugly is all, as a Menthol guy, kind of would like a green one, silly I know, but hey, always had a sweet tooth, and hence the menthol addiction, so why not a green case? lol

Thnx in advance.

Matt

Last edited:

zombienerd

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
I am also using an Npro... I bought a 5 pack of the Npro menthol cartomizers, went through one, and started refilling them right away. They hold a decent amount of juice, and I'm still trying to find the "perfect" menthol for myself. I'm currently using bluemistvaping.com's Robacco Menthol. Has a decent mix of tobacco and menthol flavor, and not too strong flavor wise, while still having multiple nicotine strengths.

I haven't used the atty & cartridge setup on it, as I heard they hold a lot less juice and require more frequent refills.

I am planning on picking up a pass through very soon, as I spend a lot of time in front of a computer, I've been told they're the best for sitting and vaping.

Havent gotten a PCC yet, but I've seen a couple online for the 4081. I'd look for a metal one though, there are a few out there.

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
Cartomizers are the way to go on an RN4081, you can get cartos at bunches of places, I get mine at Aquavapor.com, but they can be gotten I think at libertyflights, and many others. definately do not get pre filled, pre filled menthols to me usually have a sort of sweetish antifreeze taste I do not like. Some minty cooling mentholy juices I've had are, totally wicked mint chocolate chip, johnson creek arctic mint (unusual flavor, but its grown to be my fav, not very minty, more like a warm peppermint patty), and totally wicked's "Menthol". Those are the only menthols I've tried so far that I've liked.

4. Kind of like the PCC cases I have seen, who makes a good looking one that works well with RN4081 Batteries? Most of the ones I have seen are just black, and ugly is all, as a Menthol guy, kind of would like a green one, silly I know, but hey, always had a sweet tooth, and hence the menthol addiction, so why not a green case? lol

Thnx in advance.

Matt

outdoor-satin.png

:)

Allyn

player30

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
Birmingham AL
SmokeStik is a rn4081 battery, and there menthol cartomizers are the Best I have ever tasted. I just got an order of them yesterday. You will not be disappointed with the taste if you get them. And save them for when you are ready to refill them, They are easy. If you have any questions, SmokeStik has a forum on this site!

Best wishes!

matafact

Jan 21, 2011
New England
Thnx guys! Mentioned earlier, geek, am now a member on several e-cig forums, just trying to decide which way will work for me, fully expect to go the refilling my own route, appeals to the evil scientist in me, lol. Kind of a research nut, just NJoy Npro was on shelf when I decided to take the plunge, so what I got, and then found a deal on 10 RN4081 Batteries.

Zombienerd, never tried a Cartomizer on it as yet, next on my list to try though.

Tiari, interesting, will check them out when I order 1st batch of carto's

Allyn, funny, just odd, as I look at what 40-50 sites on e-cigs, not one green case is all anywhere, know there is a bunch of menthol people in this. Just seems somebody would have a green case is all. Not about fashion for me, just Menthol is my thing, so green just seems like natural color choice for a case.

Player30, yeah poked through Smoke Stick Forum on here, just deciding whether to try them or not, hear good things about them, but thus far kind of agree w/Tiari on the pre-filleds sort of having a antifreeze taste on most I have tried.

Zoidman, hmmmph, 1st bad review I have seen on Smoke Stick on several forums, most seem to really like them, but will keep in mind.

Appreciate the info guys!!! Suspect before I finally settle on what I like to have a box full of experiments, lol. :thumb:

Matt

zoiDman

My -0^10 = Nothing at All*
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Zoidman, hmmmph, 1st bad review I have seen on Smoke Stick on several forums, most seem to really like them, but will keep in mind.

Appreciate the info guys!!! Suspect before I finally settle on what I like to have a box full of experiments, lol. :thumb:

Matt

The ones I got performed Nowhere near as well as a Boge for a 510. Not sure what the filling was made of but it turned to mush very quickly. And at twice the price of 510 cartomizers, well I was very disapointed.

SmokeStik Cartridges and Cartomizers

Like I said, they could have been a bad batch. Or it could be that some of the reviews you hear about them are from people who have not used many different types/brands of cartomizers. Dunno.

But I would try a small test batch first before you make a huge purchase.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Sure thing. Best of luck with your RN4081. I loved mine when I had it. I just got tired of the limited amount of suppliers who sold stuff for it.

BTW - A DSE103 battery is the same as an RN4081. But the DSE103 atty is a different. All of these of these cartomizers should fit on a RN4081/DFSE103 battery.

CL9_501 Electronic Cigarette Cartomizers, Pack of 5.-.eCigarettes | Electronic Cigarette | Our American Made Smoke Juice for eCigarettes | e-Cigarettes E Cigarettes USA eCigarette: Cloud 9 Smoking eCigarettes:

Cartomizers For All Batteries

Electronic Cigarette / eCig Refill - Replacement Cartomizers for less - Our cartomizers fit several popular models so buy from us and Save!

The NEW GP Double Deuce 22 Cartomizers
(Gogdprophets is an ECF registered supplier and is a good company to deal with.)

And they are ALL about half the price of those SmokeStik ones that I thought were junk.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
Last thing before I settle in for a long day of football.

This is the ONLY company on the Entire planet that sells a RN4081 battery to 510 atty/cartomizer adapter.

http://www.azsmokefree.com/inc/sdetail/4929

I spent countless hours search hundreds of web sites for one. I finally gave up and sold my RN4081 stuff here on the ECF.

It was an evil twist of fate that a week after selling my stuff, I stumbled over adapter. Not sure if it works or not but it is the Only one out there.

If you had this adapter then you could use 510 cartomizers. Here is the Best 510 cartomizers I have ever used.

FIVE (5) Joye 510 compatible e-Cigarette blank cartomizers (Manufactured by Boge)

Last edited:

matafact

Jan 21, 2011
New England
Wow you da man zoidman!!! Thnx for all yer help!!! Did a lil shopping today, ordered cartomizers/juice from AZ Amokefree, diff brand <like to experment> carts/juice from litecigusa, and even more from Trueman, with their juice just to have some handy experiments to mix and match till I get a better handle overall what I like best for now. All total, got 75 carts, and about 6 diff juices on the way, should be fun to mess with, mix my own flavors etc, appeals to me, lol...

Like to tinker, fully expect to go mod route eventually, but do like the look of the Pitbull from Smoke Sticks, see where this takes me, lol...

Matt

matafact

Jan 21, 2011
New England
Hmmph, hadn't thought about that, news for sure, yer right though, all 50 or so sites, not one PCC I have seen says will hold cartomizers, just cartridges. Will look back through, see any, will let ya know. Glad I haven't bought one yet, would/will annoy me. Got to be one out there somewhere, has to be, keep eyes peeled. How bout BIG guns, PCC Mods? lol. Practically neighbors Tiari, live in Rhode Island, work in Conn. here btw.

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal
... How bout BIG guns, PCC Mods? lol. ...

This bad boy Big enough for you? It's a 9,800mAh external battery which will recharge a standard eGo battery 15 Times before it needs to be recharged. Also charges cell phones and laptops to.

9800mah.jpg

BTW - It will charge a wimpy little RN4081 battery about 52 times before it's drained.

matafact

Jan 21, 2011
New England
WOW!!! But will it hold cartomizers??? And ya neglected to include a link, geez all that firepower, should be able to charge more then one battery at a time, lol. Appears to be just a charger, not really a PCC, see the "maudlin products" in background, but impressive to say the least, lol. Sounds perfect for a hunting/fishing/vacation trip, if they let ya through airport security with it, lmao...

zoiDman

Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 16, 2010
So-Cal

Tiari

ECF Veteran
Nov 25, 2010
Connecticut
Just experimenting with something new here..... I also have a 510, and purchased the 510 Totally Wicked PCC. I know I'm not crazy but it DOES charge my 4081!!! And...... it fits three 4081 cartomizers. I tried this after seeing the Vapor King's all in one PCC for the 901-510-4081, and it looks exactly like what i had, so i tried it. So far, so good

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread