Noo my reomizer!

Status
Not open for further replies.

lazyymatt

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 23, 2012
Las Vegas
SO one of my spare Reomizers is in danger! I'm not too sure what happened but it seems like I may have screwed one of the screws on too tight on a post and the post unscrewed RIGHT OFF?! I have a feeling that it can be used still if I screw the post back on, but I wanted to see if anyone here has run into this? My only problem now is that I cant get the screw off the post (I may have screwed it on too tight when i was tightening the post back onto the Reomizer....) Is there anything I can do if not I see that Rob has them back in stock so I might just have to buy another one.

aarhus

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 7, 2013
Aarhus, Denmark
No, I haven't gotten that far, but I have 'realigned' the posts with a screwdriver.

I dunno, WD40 or similar? Otherwise, try and dump it into the freezer for a couple of hours and see if the metal contracts enough to work it loose. I don't know what the contractile properties are between the post and the screw, so it might make it tighter. If that's the case, then heat it up.

Just spitballin' here :D

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Put a drop of PB Blaster in a wire hole and one around the head, let it sit a bit, and then try. Of course, clean that off before use. Get it at the local hardware store.

31zPSrrxMcL._SL160_.jpg

Statistic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 7, 2013
United States
^^^ what the ModFather said.

That's happened to me before, and is why I now know how to disassemble and reassemble the RM2, lol
When you tighten the post back down don't squeeze it too tight. I deformed one by squeezing it to tight when I was trying to snug it up then the screw wouldn't go back in. I'd suggest putting something like a bit of thick wire or a 60g drill bit through the hole in the post to tighten it back down.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread