• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

Not a good day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kelly79

Jul 7, 2009
Alaska
So today has not been a good day. Aside from missing my dh, not much else has gone well. My baby go her first tooth in today, and while that is a happy thing, she's cranky. She also discovered how to get her diaper off, that was quite a mess, while I was cleaning up I had her sis put a clean one on her and put her in her walker. Next thinf I know I look down and she has one of the fly strips:mad: which have been getting plenty of use as hundreds of flies have been getting in my house somehow. So hew hands are all gooped up with the sticky (non-toxic) adhesive and it was a B!tch to get it off, believe you me. In addition to that, today is my son's 11th birthday. My son dosen't live with me, he lives with my parents, I was just 19 when I had him, unmarried, and very unprepared to be a mother (I hadn't planned to have kids at all). He knows I'm his mom and the whole situation that led to him living there, to the level appropriate for his age. Anyways, I called him this eve to wish him a happy b-day, but he was far too distracted by everything going on at his end to really care that I even called. Oh well. So, as I said, it hasn't been a very good day at all. and I just needed to sorta vent a bit.

Kate51

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Mar 27, 2009
Argyle Wi USA
Kelly79 Days like that, you should be asleep!!
Don't worry, 11-yr olds are notoriously attention deficient! I'm sure he was glad you called...things ok when he's with you? I have two g'sons, I just talked to the youngest a month ago for the first time in 5 yrs, and have to say we had a pretty good talk, he's just turned 17, got an early-out graduation so he could join the Marines. Not what I wanted to hear, but know that will be excellent for him....his mom (my daughter) and dad have been divorced since the boys were 1 & 1 1/2, and have only been with Mom for not quite 4 years. So is constant strain between Mom and Me! So know how really crappy it can be for all! Just be very patient and don't expect too much from them and they'll come around. Do all you can to talk 1x1 with him. talk talk talk. It is the hardest thing in the world to enjoy a relationship by phone. I'm not good at it, for sure.
Do you live away from him and your parents? You sound like a lonely person, first impression. Don't mean to assume anything. How old are the two with you?
Kelly I wouldn't want to go through raising kids (I had two girls) again for anything, it was wonderful when they were little, I had a lot of support from both our parents, mostly his, but it was still kinda lonely, never-ending chores and constant demands, from everyone! not enough sleep, all stuff you really have to dedicate yourself too, for not too much thanks! Their Dad kinda just set the rules and went on his merry way doing his own thing. I was stay-at-home, but when I needed to get away had to hire a baby sitter, he'd never stay with them. By the time I got back everything was in turmoil, he'd yell and want to know what I was doing so long....ish. Couldn't go far anyway, so didn't like to go much. Hubby worked harder to get out of work than to work. Never made much money, was always behind bills, and always an excuse. Always somebody else's fault! So we tried not to demand anything. Till after abour year #19, I demanded out! Totally selfish man, still to this day it's all about him!
Things do get better, though, when your babies are old enough to really be of help...are you working or stay home. It's great if you can be their main Mom, but you won't have much "your" life till you're about 50 or so, so enjoy all the fun things you can...it is all about the kids! If you're a working mom it's still about the kids!

Hope tomorrow is better....you go to bed, I'm going too, I said that 2 hours ago! I found you here, so wanted to say Hi. Maybe I'll be able to find you again sometime.
Have a good one!
Kate

Kelly79

Jul 7, 2009
Alaska
Kelly79 Days like that, you should be asleep!!
Don't worry, 11-yr olds are notoriously attention deficient! I'm sure he was glad you called...things ok when he's with you? I have two g'sons, I just talked to the youngest a month ago for the first time in 5 yrs, and have to say we had a pretty good talk, he's just turned 17, got an early-out graduation so he could join the Marines. Not what I wanted to hear, but know that will be excellent for him....his mom (my daughter) and dad have been divorced since the boys were 1 & 1 1/2, and have only been with Mom for not quite 4 years. So is constant strain between Mom and Me! So know how really crappy it can be for all! Just be very patient and don't expect too much from them and they'll come around. Do all you can to talk 1x1 with him. talk talk talk. It is the hardest thing in the world to enjoy a relationship by phone. I'm not good at it, for sure.
Do you live away from him and your parents? You sound like a lonely person, first impression. Don't mean to assume anything. How old are the two with you?
Kelly I wouldn't want to go through raising kids (I had two girls) again for anything, it was wonderful when they were little, I had a lot of support from both our parents, mostly his, but it was still kinda lonely, never-ending chores and constant demands, from everyone! not enough sleep, all stuff you really have to dedicate yourself too, for not too much thanks! Their Dad kinda just set the rules and went on his merry way doing his own thing. I was stay-at-home, but when I needed to get away had to hire a baby sitter, he'd never stay with them. By the time I got back everything was in turmoil, he'd yell and want to know what I was doing so long....ish. Couldn't go far anyway, so didn't like to go much. Hubby worked harder to get out of work than to work. Never made much money, was always behind bills, and always an excuse. Always somebody else's fault! So we tried not to demand anything. Till after abour year #19, I demanded out! Totally selfish man, still to this day it's all about him!
Things do get better, though, when your babies are old enough to really be of help...are you working or stay home. It's great if you can be their main Mom, but you won't have much "your" life till you're about 50 or so, so enjoy all the fun things you can...it is all about the kids! If you're a working mom it's still about the kids!

Hope tomorrow is better....you go to bed, I'm going too, I said that 2 hours ago! I found you here, so wanted to say Hi. Maybe I'll be able to find you again sometime.
Have a good one!
Kate

Kate, lonely, always. I'm in Cali right now and my family are all in Alaska. We move back there next year, but I think knowing that just makes the wait harder. My dh is a sailor, when he's here he's a great husband and father, he's just not here much and won't be back from sea for another 6 or so months. My oldest girl is 9 1/2 yrs, and my baby turns 1 year on the 10th, they are sweet girls though the older one is and has always been temperamental, going into puberty hasn't helped that, now we're all moody. I don't make friends easily so Navy life has been rough, I love the adventure on going to new places, but I was raised in a very tight knit family and being apart from them has been a struggle. As for sleep I don't sleep more than 3-4 hours a night anymore, late night is the only quiet time in my house and I love the quiet. I'm in college (online), but not working right now as we've only been here since Jan and the economy sucks, with all the high schoolers on break jobs are scarce. When we go back home to Ak I get to go back to work (yea! I like working). I didn't have any family around when I had my older girl, and frankly I could have used it cause I didn't have a clue, I managed okay but it was one hell of a rough ride. My youngest in comparison has been a breeze, not only is she of a milder temperament, but I have unlimited long distance so I can call my mom and sisters whenever I want. Anyways, I am gonna go watch shows for an hour then hit the sack, gotta be up at 6am. Thanks for responding, I feel better already.

Ryle

ECF Veteran
Aug 21, 2008
Durant, Ok
Can't really help with all the other stuff but maybe I can make you laugh...

When I was like 12.. I walked into one of those fly traps.. got it stuck in my hair (was halfway down my back) the entire fly strip came loose from the ceiling and got wrapped all in my hair... took my mom 3 hours to get that crap out of my hair! :p be thankful it was just her hands :D

Kelly79

Jul 7, 2009
Alaska
Can't really help with all the other stuff but maybe I can make you laugh...

When I was like 12.. I walked into one of those fly traps.. got it stuck in my hair (was halfway down my back) the entire fly strip came loose from the ceiling and got wrapped all in my hair... took my mom 3 hours to get that crap out of my hair! :p be thankful it was just her hands :D

My oldest did that about a month ago, I learned not to put them in doorways lol.

Kelly79

Jul 7, 2009
Alaska
Vent all you need to Kelly.

Get a good night's sleep. The sun will rise again tomorrow and the dawn will give us a new day to enjoy!

Sometimes, life sucks. Sometimes it is magnificient!:)

Thanks Hil, it has actually been a pretty good day today. My son got the present I ordered for him, I got to go to the Library with my girls, I washed my car (first time since I bought it back in april) so i can put my 'I love my sailor' stickers on it tonight (it's too hot now), and I got my husbands care package, and my friend back in NJ's christmas presents all sent off. I feel much better today. (Wafer cookies helped lol)

BARENETTED

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jan 22, 2009
NEW JERSEY, USA
Kelly,

Glad today is better. Hope you enjoyed the wafer cookies!:):)

Stickers on the car??? My daughter lives around Mary Kay's neck of the woods. She put one of those red, white and blue magnetic ribbons on her car. It said 'We support our troops' . It was on for a few months. She wanted to take it off one day in order to wash her car. Well, only the front of the thing came off. The vinyl on the magnetic strip had melted onto the car paint and left the magnet permanently stuck to the car. Be careful. 8-o8-o

Always have a backup supply of ice cream and cookies for days like yesterday!:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Mary Kay

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2009
West Tampa Fl.
Kelly, What a day you had yesterday! Glad babies teeth work..sorry they hurt! I saw the cutest tee shirt years ago, it had a baby gator with a bow tied around it's jaw and over the top of his head..Like he had a toothache. I got it for my grandson to wear when his teeth started coming in.

I hang those fly strips up under the patio table and chairs to catch biting flies! I normaly catch the dog and cats..the flies get your ankles. The animals don't seem to mind much, but the cats are funny with the strips stick to their paws!

When you have time, go in the kitchen and make some chocolate chip cookies! That always makes me feel better. You can send me one via the CD/Cup holder thingy in your computer tower.

Have a better today!:D

Kelly79

Jul 7, 2009
Alaska
Kelly, What a day you had yesterday! Glad babies teeth work..sorry they hurt! I saw the cutest tee shirt years ago, it had a baby gator with a bow tied around it's jaw and over the top of his head..Like he had a toothache. I got it for my grandson to wear when his teeth started coming in.

I hang those fly strips up under the patio table and chairs to catch biting flies! I normaly catch the dog and cats..the flies get your ankles. The animals don't seem to mind much, but the cats are funny with the strips stick to their paws!

When you have time, go in the kitchen and make some chocolate chip cookies! That always makes me feel better. You can send me one via the CD/Cup holder thingy in your computer tower.

Have a better today!:D

LOL, I put them over my trashcan cause they are everywhere, I don't have a clue how they keep getting in my house though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread