Not getting any huge clouds from my mech mod & rda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

SLIPPY_EEL

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 11, 2013
Ω England Ω
i have a vanilla but it has a spring in the fire button, not sure about thta one you linked, i like magnets.
If you dont mind waiting for delivery or dont mind a clone fasttech lots of mods.
something with copper contacts will be good, or even copper contacts and copper mod, upto you :)

King and Manhattan are good strong hitters, i think 4Nine also(got one on the way)

Last edited:

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
its 24g, 0.25 ohm, 1/16th id. but 26 or 28g is fine, there are far more important variables than how tidy a coil is, gauge of wire used depends on what ohms you need, i dont know what ohms you use but if you use 20, 22 or 24 gauge at say 0.4ohm + it will be slow to heat up and not worth the effort. :)

You should make your own coils, get som drill bits 1/16th to 1/8th and get a set of pin-vises that will hold those size, i bought a set of four vises from ebay that hold any size i need and will get you tight coils with a little practice :)

Dont buy coils :D

What do the pin-vises look like?

I just did a build on my Tugboat RDA Clone and used 28 awg, dual coil (total ohms = 0.6 ohms) and I used this stuff from a local vape shop called "Cellulose" and left the bottom of the coil open and put it right in front of the air hole and I'm getting pretty big clouds now! :)

I also went ahead and bought a "Vanilla Black Chromed Special Edition Mod by Smok-E Mountain" I can't wait to get that. I found one online with shipping for $175.... I hope it was a great buy, it's my first high end mechanical mod (not a clone).

Now I just need to buy an authentic RDA (don't know what I want yet, any suggestions?) and I would like to find a rebuildable tank (bottom coil, any suggestions on that).

But yeah, I think that I'm slowly getting better. :)

Thanks all

Last edited:

zandersig

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 13, 2013
Atlanta, Georgia, USA
I've never heard this before and alone that made a huge difference for me. Thanks!

Hey guys, I switched to my clone "Tugboat" and used cellulose as the wick, kept the wick away from the coils underneath and now I'm blowing thick clouds. Can't even see my TV through the cloud until it disappeared! :) LOL... using 18mg and 24mg of Space Jam: Eclipse... the 24mg is pretty harsh but it then tones down after a few vapes.

I switched to the 18mg and it's not bad at all but I ordered some 12mg and I'm going to try that out... probably get really huge clouds with that huh? B-)

Thanks guys!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread