Not getting any huge clouds from my mech mod & rda?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
I swear I'm telling the truth about the 24mg...

I have ordered a Stingray Clone and some better rda's and I also bought some pre made sub ohm coils (I need to really work on my coil building). Let's see how these things work out. I then might have to drop the nic level...? :-\
Yea just sounds odd to be able to drip high mg nic. I dont know many people that can drip anything more than 6ish on a low sub build.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Yeah I'm referring to the op, he said he was having trouble @0.47 with a magneto. He's running sonys and an igo w so he should be just fine, he's in a safe range, all is good except he's probably losing a bit of voltage thru that mod.

Op,
Go over your mod with isopropyl alcohol, make sure it's clean, all the contacts especially.
Is it getting hot anywhere, like the button for example?

And what's with stating nic levels are too high for sub ohm builds like it's the law, back off. Plenty of people sub ohm high nic, just BC it's not common doesn't mean it's a rule or something. We're obviously talking to someone new to building use your head.

Generally speaking you Can cut your nic levels down as you increase Vapor production, you will get better flavor out of lower nic juice.

Anyway, hows your progress..?

Wraith504

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 25, 2014
New Orleans, LA
Yeah I'm referring to the op, he said he was having trouble @0.47 with a magneto. He's running sonys and an igo w so he should be just fine, he's in a safe range, all is good except he's probably losing a bit of voltage thru that mod.

Op,
Go over your mod with isopropyl alcohol, make sure it's clean, all the contacts especially.
Is it getting hot anywhere, like the button for example?

And what's with stating nic levels are too high for sub ohm builds like it's the law, back off. Plenty of people sub ohm high nic, just BC it's not common doesn't mean it's a rule or something. We're obviously talking to someone new to building use your head.

Generally speaking you Can cut your nic levels down as you increase Vapor production, you will get better flavor out of lower nic juice.

Anyway, hows your progress..?
Maybe you should learn how to read in context. I dont remember telling anyone not to vape 24 mg in a dripper. I said i didnt know anyone that could handle it. and that most are 6mg or less. Maybe ill give you a pass because its late and i am going to assume your eyes are tired and your brain cannot process everything you are reading correctly.

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Nic levels are not his problem. It's just going off topic, let's try ; get him squared away.
Op, realize that some. Or maybe most most most most of the yt vids are also very low sub ohm builds. Like 0.2ish. You sound however be able to throw down a pretty decent amount of vapor. But clouds sacrifice flavor and for that reason I prefer to run around 0.30ohm to 0.4ohm. Best of both worlds. Their are also better attys but that igo is not bad.

MrPlink

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 7, 2014
Portland, OR / San Francisco CA
No, it's organic cotton twisted. Green Wick (ebay) it's some awesome stuff (IMO). I also tried the cellulose cotton for about a week or so.

Dont twist it. Dont pinch or heavily compress it either.
You want just enough that there is SLIGHT resistance through your coil.
It will "wick" much more efficiently this way, which means more vapor, more flavor AND your wick will last longer too.

Finding the right placement of your coil(s) relative to airflow is the first battle (not simply building a low impedance coil, any monkey can do that) and after that wicking is the real trick.

Some atty designs and builds arent quite as sensitive to wicking technique so a lot of folks get away with poor method but you would be surprised at the performance variation you run into from wicking alone.

Bunnykiller

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 17, 2013
New Orleans La.
View attachment 373112 View attachment 373113 View attachment 373114 View attachment 373115 View attachment 373116 Thanks guys for the tips. I'm posting pictures going from dirty coils to cleaning and messing with the coils a little (which changed my ohms a tiny bit. See what you think.

Yeah what I'm using now is 50/50 so maybe I will try my DripTonic ejuices, they are made for clouds! :)

After cleaning I'm getting a little better vape exhale but not like you see on YouTube...

if you are looking for clouds, you need about 3 more holes of the same size on each side of the atty....
do a search for the Mutant X atty, that one is designed for clouds....

http://www.vapordna.com/Mutation-X-RDA-Rebuildable-Atomizer-by-Indulgence-p/mx0001.htm

Last edited:

cstone1991

ECF Veteran
Sep 7, 2014
Idaho
Your not going to get huge clouds on a build like that. Most of these videos you see on YouTube there ohms are .09 and lower. Also air flow is key. Stock airflow is not going to produce huge clouds. You will need to drill the holes out bigger and more than likely add more holes.

You will also need a very high VG juice. That will produce dense vapor.

You will also need a different guage kanthal and a more than likely a different build. Something like a 20g dual parallel build will produce nice vape.

***If you are not an advance user do not do any of the above stuff. This should not be done on any clones it should be done on authentic items****

Pray tell, why is your super dooper uber cloud build not ok to do with clones?

Tbev

Unregistered Supplier
ECF Veteran
Oct 22, 2013
SoCal-Vegas
instagram.com
Again with stating ideas as fact, everyone knows @dirtybird just stuffed his foot in his mouth.

I'm just saying that as seasoned vapers it's our responsibility to help the new guys with safety as well as skill building, but don't throw your ideas in the ring and portray them as facts, especially to someone who is new at this. .. And especially if you yourself are a newbie. Like if you only have 16 posts and your from Idaho....

No biggie bud just keep that in mind.

How you doing @zandersig?

ronnbert

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 7, 2014
Sawmills, NC, USA
Again with stating ideas as fact, everyone knows @dirtybird just stuffed his foot in his mouth.

I'm just saying that as seasoned vapers it's our responsibility to help the new guys with safety as well as skill building, but don't throw your ideas in the ring and portray them as facts, especially to someone who is new at this. .. And especially if you yourself are a newbie. Like if you only have 16 posts and your from Idaho....

No biggie bud just keep that in mind.

How you doing @zandersig?

Agreed [emoji106]

I revoke my earlier statement about it POSSIBLY needing more airholes, since adding more holes or widening them out is for intermediate to advanced users. I would say if TBEVs or Wraiths tips don't help (or other advanced users), then possibly look into getting an RDA that has more holes. Not saying you have to buy a new one immeadiately, just keep that in mind for future purchases. I love my TOBH clone, because it has 3 decent sized holes for wide open air flow, and you can cut some off with the air flow control tab for a tighter draw. There are many different factors to getting a huge cloud, and it takes time and practice to get them all down pat. It mainly comes down to proper wicking (and wicking material), air flow, coil resistance, the way you inhale and exhale, and what kind of juice you are using (VG/PG ratio). I probably missed a factor or two as well.

I could go on all day on this subject, but it is 4 am here, so just keep that in mind and feel free to continue with any questions you may have. You have some advanced vapers in here (as well as me, the rambling guy who is still a little green around the ears). I am sure we will be more than happy to continue to help out! Cheers, and vape on!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread