Not open for further replies.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
angryvaper.crypticsites.com
The two years between 60 and 62 were tough, I qualified for some senior rates but not others, very annoying ... :mad:

And a gentleman should never make assumptions regarding a lady's age, especially in the service industries, its just rude ... :blush:

Here in SoCal, I have to loudly demand the senior discount, even though every hair on my head is snow white. The guy who cuts my hair says its because of the "granny hair" trend, women (and men) paying big bucks for gray highlights ... :?:

The older I get, the more humans amuse me ... :lol:

I got my hair cut just before xmas, in anticipation of coloring it.... and my hair is at least 50% gray on the top of my head, where the roots really show. When I got ready to pay, she asked me if I wanted the Sr discount. :facepalm:

I will be 55 in May. :-x

Andria

Reactions: Douggro

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
I got my hair cut just before xmas, in anticipation of coloring it.... and my hair is at least 50% gray on the top of my head, where the roots really show. When I got ready to pay, she asked me if I wanted the Sr discount. :facepalm:

Andria
My wife gave up coloring her hair last year. I didn't care one way or the other. I have gray mixed in my beard and I give not one whit nor consider get the Just For Men to color it out. I've earned those gray hairs! And yes, I'm getting the stuff from AARP about becoming a member (the wife is - I married the older woman! ;) ).

Gray Pride!! :lol:

Reactions: hejira

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
WooHoo ! The senior discount at Dennys is 55 ... :thumbs:

Yeah? That's good to know actually; we just discovered there's a Denny's in Snellville, so we don't have to drive down to a much less sanguine neighborhood. Guess I know where I wanna go for my birthday dinner. :D

It's funny; I used to work at Denny's, donkey's years ago, but they're the only restaurant I've worked at that I can still enjoy their food. :lol:

Andria

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
My wife gave up coloring her hair last year. I didn't care one way or the other. I have gray mixed in my beard and I give not one whit nor consider get the Just For Men to color it out. I've earned those gray hairs! And yes, I'm getting the stuff from AARP about becoming a member (the wife is - I married the older woman! ;) ).

Gray Pride!! :lol:

Well if I'm being asked if I want the Sr discount and I'm not even 55 yet, apparently I better keep coloring mine. :D And start wearing some damn makeup! :lol:

Andria

Douggro

Ultra Member
Nov 26, 2015
Seattle, WA
Well if I'm being asked if I want the Sr discount and I'm not even 55 yet, apparently I better keep coloring mine. :D And start wearing some damn makeup! :lol:

Andria
I will neither guess nor ask a lady's age. That 'tis impolite! Every female is <30 in my book until proven otherwise. ;)

Plumes.91

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 30, 2012
United States
Well damn, one of the things I always point out to anti nicotine commenters in the comments sections of news articles is that there are no re habs for nicotine addiction. Next thing we'll start seeing is news clips about vapers getting busted for selling vape pens on street corners.

.........that's what we're afraid of.......

WhiteHighlights

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 26, 2013
MetroWest Boston, MA, USA

Andria

Hi, my name is WhiteHighlights and I'm an addict! and I've loved the twisted humor on this thread BTW.

You can guess where my name came from... I'm a natural blonde (really!!!) and when I get my haircut it's a running joke about the amount of highlights I seem to be getting. The good news is I'm not paying for them, the bad news is I've earned them! I used to be asked what I used to color my hair, not so much anymore :lol:

First senior benefit experience - it turns out our town give 2hr free parking to 62+ yr olds. The husband went to the police station with his license & the car registrations and got stickers to put in the window. The bad news is he hasn't put them on the cars yet so I had to pay 10 cents to park today! LOL.

AndriaD

Reviewer / Blogger
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 24, 2014
LawrencevilleGA
Hi, my name is WhiteHighlights and I'm an addict! and I've loved the twisted humor on this thread BTW.

You can guess where my name came from... I'm a natural blonde (really!!!) and when I get my haircut it's a running joke about the amount of highlights I seem to be getting. The good news is I'm not paying for them, the bad news is I've earned them! I used to be asked what I used to color my hair, not so much anymore :lol:

First senior benefit experience - it turns out our town give 2hr free parking to 62+ yr olds. The husband went to the police station with his license & the car registrations and got stickers to put in the window. The bad news is he hasn't put them on the cars yet so I had to pay 10 cents to park today! LOL.

I've sworn up and down that once my hair is ALL gray, I will FINALLY become a blonde, because that's the only possible way I can become a blonde, short of peroxide! I love that "moonlight" color. :)

Unfortunately, my natural dark-to-med auburn is still about 50% present, and some parts of my head, even more than 50%. So I'm stuck with coloring all of it as close to my natural auburn as I can get, probably for another 20 yrs -- unfortunately the dark hair is very persistent in my family; my grandmother still had some dark hair when she was in her 90s. :facepalm:

Andria

Reactions: hejira

MattyVigilante

ECF Veteran
Jan 2, 2016
Northamptonshire
I've been through rehab (for chronic alcohol and substance addiction) to the point i was given less than a year to live, that was optimistic!
I'm totally clean now of all substances and have been for a year (except my vape and copious amounts of coffee ;)

I'm quite intrigued as to how they would treat this, addiction is a much more in depth issue than just the substance of choice itself! 99% of the time there are deep underlying issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread