Ok to use 306 atomizer without a drip tip?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Izan

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jul 1, 2012
Mallorca, Spain
As you wish!

Pic of my bro holding the prize!
View attachment 310144
(He traded it for a nice Nzonic clone with solid copper contacts cuz' we ain't got no use for that adjustable wattage jargon. ;]

My 2n'd place Aqua cloud vid for your viewing pleasure (and my credentials) ---> View My Video

Plenty of vapour!!!
But I did wonder why someone was hiding under the counter in the video. Struck me odd.

Cheers mate
I

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I never look silly. But my Vmod XL looked pretty stupid. That didn't keep my from trying that 306 atty though. :laugh: At least with a bottom feeder I didn't have to modify the cartridge for use.

Seriously, they don't make these cartridges in two different versions, like a lightweight "packing material only" version and the real, heat resistant model meant to be used as a filled cartridge. C'mon - it's a 306 atty, not a sub ohm IGO. It's not going to melt.

Short term it will work. Not ideal, but nothing that cannot be overcome to start using that atty.

The very first time I tried dripping was before I found ECF. I was all by myself with a couple of youtube videos to watch that weren't exactly for beginners. At the suggestion of a girl I liked to watch (who I now know was almost as new as I was) I got a bridgeless/wickless 306. It came with a short Delrin tip, like this:

LR-306-2T.jpg

Just imagine looking at an atty for the very first time and seeing a glowing coil. I freaked at the thought of it so close to my mouth! I immediately switched to a 510 atty out of pure fear. It took me awhile to get up the courage to try a 306 again. They are my favorites now, but I rarely use them brigeless. (The vendor I use to buy from would de-bridge for you, but I buy in bulk now and the difference in flavor isn't enough for me to go though the hassle of removing the bridge & wick.)

I really want to see a video with a close-up of that guy putting a hot 306 in his mouth. I doubt we'll see him here again though, I think the entire point of his post was to show off the clouds.

ohaya

Verified Member
Feb 15, 2014
USA
Hi,

I didn't want to make a new order just to order a 306 drip tip, so I found some videos for making a DIY 306 drip tip using the tube part of 510 cartomizer and the rubber 306 cover. I happened to have a dead 510 cartomizer, but I didn't have one of a tube/pipe cutters, so I just used a hacksaw to cut the tube and filed the cut end after that. I cut the rubber cover, slipped that over the 306 atty, then slipped the cut tube over the cover. The cut tube kept slipping off, and it kind of leaked a bit, but a hammer (to set the cut tube better) took care of that :).

That all seemed to work, and I've tried it with several different liquids, and I guess that I'm a little disappointed in that I thought that the flavor difference vs. a cartomizer or tank (I have a PBC V2 and a Terminator) would be huge, but it wasn't. But, at least I get to try the 306 now without burning myself :)!!

Thanks,
Jim

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread