• This forum has been archived

If you'd like to post a thread, post it here instead!

View Forum

On a quest for a perfect tobacco flavour (available in Canada)

Status
Not open for further replies.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
I know, it doesn't exist, but still hope to find one.

To date I've tried:

Boba's Bounty (AlienVisions) - not even close, sweet caramel+vanilla =>trash can
Eclipse (Space Jam) -more complex, but still sweet caramel+vanilla =>trash can
RY4 (Dvine juice) - same as above =>trash can
American Reds (Jiffy Nic) - very subtle cheap tobacco tones, keep for now
Pipe Tobacco (Dvine juice) - very subtle cheap tobacco tones, keep for now

Last Friday I contacted Flavour Crafters (as many others online retailers in Canada) about their product line and guess what? Today I received a free sample pack. Impressed.

P1010358-Edit.jpg

I got 6 flavours: EXPORT TOBACCO, CUBAN CIGAR, NORTHERN 7 TOBACCO, RESERVE CIGAR (what the heck is that?), FULL FLAVOUR TOBACCO, DK TOBACCO

All are being steeped now.

Will keep you posted about the flavour.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Here it goes, the first one. CUBAN CIGAR (PG <70%, VG 30% Nicotine 8mg)

My description: earthy, woody. Not a typical sweet/vanilla juice. Subtle tobacco and plum tones. Excellent throat/lung hit, very close to a real cigarette.

My wife's comment: smells like a butted cigarette or an ash tray.

Bottom line: not close to cigar, even to a cheap one, but interesting flavour. Not for candy/fruit lovers.

Folks, please keep in mind that taste/smell is highly subjective, so please take my comments with a big grain of salt.

* All eliquids have beed steeped for 24 hrs (including 12 hrs breathing) prior to testing
* Gear: Delta II/Kanger Subtank/Aspire Nautilus Mini attached to iStick 30W

railz68

Jun 15, 2013
Toronto, Ontario
ok, here you go, the tops for me tobacco flavor thus far is

Plaayers

Nutty woody nice tobacco, my all day vape, everyday for some time now. I have a Nautilus mini, but this stuff only goes into my kayfun/cotton. I don't believe anything else can do it justice. Looking forward to hearing your thoughts on it. They ship and deliver fast. Review expected for Friday-Saturday ;)

Blends best with coffee, and beer after hours.

btw: my wife is still smoking, but loves the taste and smell of this Navy Cut.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Next two:

EXPORT TOBACCO (PG <70%, VG 30% Nicotine 8mg)
Flavour is difficult to describe: rye whiskey with subtle nutty (cashew) and tobacco tones?. Very strong vape. Not bad flavour actually.

DK TOBACCO (PG <70%, VG 30% Nicotine 8mg)
Full flavour, spicy but unfortunately again very strong floral undertones (similar to a FULL FLAVOUR TOBACCO). Off my list

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
The last two:

NORTHERN 7 TOBACCO (PG <70%, VG 30% Nicotine 8mg)
Sweet tones, some floral tones, zero tobacco tones. Off my list

RESERVE CIGAR (PG <70%, VG 30% Nicotine 8mg)
Very interesting flavour. It does resemble cigar, cheap Jamaican cigar for sure, but nevertheless. Earthy, dry, strong nutty (Brazilian Nut?) and light honey / tobacco undertones. Tastes better on the "above the ohm" setting, mouth to lung.
My wife comment: I smell a cigarette. Did you smoke?

In conclusion:

I am impressed with Flavour Crafters. The company is transparent, they DO test their stuff and can tell you what's exactly in their liquids. Excellent customer service.
Their tobacco line is bold. Not all samples were to my liking but I have to admit few commonalities:
1. Each sample had distinct characteristics. Way less sweet/caramel/vanilla than other brands.
2. Each sample produced strong vape, very similar to real smoking (throat/lung hit)

At the end I picked up two: CUBAN CIGAR and RESERVE CIGAR flavours, but can also recommend EXPORT TOBACCO.

GreekDude1821

Verified Member
Feb 8, 2015
Toronto
When I started i liked the butter rum tobacco from FC. But eventually I got turned off it, and still have a new 30ml sitting on my desk :p

Another juice from VapeLoft in Concord called Parisian Cafe, mix of a tobacco/coffee. Noticeable tobacco taste, slight coffee and hint of sweet. It actually mixes quite well with menthol (if you like that sort of thing) and caramels.

VictorC

ECF Veteran
Jan 26, 2015
Toronto, Ontario
Another juice from VapeLoft in Concord called Parisian Cafe, mix of a tobacco/coffee. Noticeable tobacco taste, slight coffee and hint of sweet. It actually mixes quite well with menthol (if you like that sort of thing) and caramels.

Thanks, will try VapeLoft for sure. Interesting that you mentioned mixing tobacco juices with menthol, that's exactly what I did at the end of testing. Mixed American Reds ( 25%, to add coffee tone and a bit of sweetness) with Reserve (50% for dry tobacco) and Double Mint (25% for menthol accent). My taste must have been changed since I quit smoking :)

stanleybb50

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 13, 2011
Pittsburgh
The last two:

NORTHERN 7 TOBACCO (PG <70%, VG 30% Nicotine 8mg)
Sweet tones, some floral tones, zero tobacco tones. Off my list

RESERVE CIGAR (PG <70%, VG 30% Nicotine 8mg)
Very interesting flavour. It does resemble cigar, cheap Jamaican cigar for sure, but nevertheless. Earthy, dry, strong nutty (Brazilian Nut?) and light honey / tobacco undertones. Tastes better on the "above the ohm" setting, mouth to lung.
My wife comment: I smell a cigarette. Did you smoke?

In conclusion:

I am impressed with Flavour Crafters. The company is transparent, they DO test their stuff and can tell you what's exactly in their liquids. Excellent customer service.
Their tobacco line is bold. Not all samples were to my liking but I have to admit few commonalities:
1. Each sample had distinct characteristics. Way less sweet/caramel/vanilla than other brands.
2. Each sample produced strong vape, very similar to real smoking (throat/lung hit)

At the end I picked up two: CUBAN CIGAR and RESERVE CIGAR flavours, but can also recommend EXPORT TOBACCO.
I too hate the caramel taste that seems so prevalent in "tobacco" flavors..!

Thabjs for this thread - giving me some choices to consider!

Bobx

Mar 9, 2014
Canada
FC was the first ejuice that I have ever tried and I am still using, along with trying my hand at DIY. I love their Navy Cut Tobacco @ 18mg. The wife likes it and will not use anything else. I started out with justejuice. Bought the equipment and FC juice from them cheaper than I could buy from FC. He has since closed down his dot/ca site and now only sells FC juice and at great prices if you buy 10 or more 30mil bottles at a time. $15 a bottle. Min order $150. I just did an order last month for 15 - 30mil @ $12 a bottle. The order was shipped right from FC to my house in BC in about 5 days. I ordered on a Fri. and received it on Wed.

As for steeping I have never had to do that. I have always ordered supplies 1 month ahead of time and they would basically sit for month anyway. Tobacco flavors normally don't need steeping unless they have fruits or creams or something sweet added to the mix.

Should check them out. I don't know why he can sell them cheaper than FC but who cares as long as it is cheeper:)
https://www.justejuice.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread