Opinions on this kit before I pull the trigger. It's my first mod and I want to get it right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
This Zmax has everything I'm looking for in a mod. I'm trying to stay below $100 and this does it well. It looks like a fantastic deal. Maybe to good. What do you think about the product and the vendor? Is this a knock off or a real sigelei? Any input is welcome. Well, not any input. I can't afford a provari and don't want a Vamo. I'm interested in the smoktech or sigelei zmax, the Itaste SVD or the eVic. Any would do just fine under $105 with battery and charger.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I have 3 vmax's and 1 zmax and I don't really care for the zmax. Only because it continues to fire for a second after I let off the button. The vmax is the same as a zmax only it doesn't have the 7th menu option which I never use anyway. If you are interested in the vmax here is a great deal. $47.40 EGO VM-AX 3-in-1 Rechargeable 1800mAh Electronic Cigarette Health Keeping Set - silver / Euro plug adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
It comes with a euro charger but you can get a decent charger with the money you save.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I have 3 vmax's and 1 zmax and I don't really care for the zmax. Only because it continues to fire for a second after I let off the button. The vmax is the same as a zmax only it doesn't have the 7th menu option which I never use anyway. If you are interested in the vmax here is a great deal. $47.40 EGO VM-AX 3-in-1 Rechargeable 1800mAh Electronic Cigarette Health Keeping Set - silver / Euro plug adapter at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping
It comes with a euro charger but you can get a decent charger with the money you save.

I saw that while I was looking. It could be a good deal but I dont trust it honestly. Its a knock off and not made by sigelei. The box doesnt say sigelei and the bottom cap does not look the same as the sigelei. I like to support, and spend money with vendors here in the good old USofA. I need to by a converter to use the charger in a US outlet, thats another $10ish. Just not worth the hassle to save 15-20$. I placed the order last night so its done now.
Its funny, pBusardo uploaded a video featuring the same mod last night while I was contemplating the purchase.

SirSteve

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2012
Northern Indiana
I love my Sigelei Zmax, a little smaller and lighter than a VAMO, the new Zmax telescope looks nice also. I got the Sigelei version because it seems to be rated higher by the people here, and it costs less. The SVD is a nice unit, and you get a pair of IClear 30's with it. The Evic has its followers, personally I don't think I would really use all the bells and whistles it comes with.

If I had to choose one, I would choose the Sig Zmax, but that is just my personal opinion.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I like the sound of you guys loving it. Im excited to get it. Im kind of .... about researching things before I buy them. Ive watched every youtube video and searched every vendors site. This should be the mod for me. I hope they ship fast. It seems like every single order I place gets shipped on a thursday and its almost here on saturday but then I have to wait till monday. I hate that.

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
I love my Sigelei Zmax, a little smaller and lighter than a VAMO, the new Zmax telescope looks nice also. I got the Sigelei version because it seems to be rated higher by the people here, and it costs less. The SVD is a nice unit, and you get a pair of IClear 30's with it. The Evic has its followers, personally I don't think I would really use all the bells and whistles it comes with.

If I had to choose one, I would choose the Sig Zmax, but that is just my personal opinion.

I have the smoktech zmax and I thought it was the original and the Sigelei was a knockoff but I couldn't be wrong. Somebody enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
I have the smoktech zmax and I thought it was the original and the Sigelei was a knockoff but I couldn't be wrong. Somebody enlighten me if I'm wrong.

From what ive seen you are correct. Of course the smoktech is supposed to be a knock off of a provari. That would make the sigelei a knock off of a knock off. It would also make the zmax Fasttech is selling a knock off of a knock off of a........well you get the pic. lol

tmcase

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 20, 2011
From what ive seen you are correct. Of course the smoktech is supposed to be a knock off of a provari. That would make the sigelei a knock off of a knock off. It would also make the zmax Fasttech is selling a knock off of a knock off of a........well you get the pic. lol

Well I hope you enjoy your zmax. It's a great mod. Like I said above the only thing that bothers me about it is it doesn't shut off immediately after releasing the button. Maybe it's just mine and doesn't happen with all of them. None of my vmax's do that.

GRH8095

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 5, 2012
California
This Zmax has everything I'm looking for in a mod. I'm trying to stay below $100 and this does it well. It looks like a fantastic deal. Maybe to good. What do you think about the product and the vendor? Is this a knock off or a real sigelei? Any input is welcome. Well, not any input. I can't afford a provari and don't want a Vamo. I'm interested in the smoktech or sigelei zmax, the Itaste SVD or the eVic. Any would do just fine under $105 with battery and charger.

Checkout the ... Sigelei Telescoping ZMax V3 "Flat top"
- ElectronicStix

Received mine, just this pass Monday ... great mod.

Thepinfamily

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 18, 2013
Virginia
Well I hope you enjoy your zmax. It's a great mod. Like I said above the only thing that bothers me about it is it doesn't shut off immediately after releasing the button. Maybe it's just mine and doesn't happen with all of them. None of my vmax's do that.

I think they all do it. The one pBusardo reviewed also did it. Ill adjust.

WillyB

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Oct 21, 2009
USA
... I need to by a converter to use the charger in a US outlet, thats another $10ish. Just not worth the hassle to save 15-20$. I placed the order last night so its done now.
Its funny, pBusardo uploaded a video featuring the same mod last night while I was contemplating the purchase.

Hardly, it's another $1.07.

INPUT TYPE AC 100-240V

$1.07 Universal US Travel Charger Plug Adapter - 10A, 250V at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

I don't know if there is enough clearance but this switched version would be sweet.

$1.45 Universal US Plug Travel AC Power Adapter with Switch - 10A / 250V / 800W / 2 US plug sockets at FastTech - Worldwide Free Shipping

pdxtechdoctor

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 16, 2013
pdxtechdoctor
I saw that while I was looking. It could be a good deal but I dont trust it honestly. Its a knock off and not made by sigelei. The box doesnt say sigelei and the bottom cap does not look the same as the sigelei. I like to support, and spend money with vendors here in the good old USofA. I need to by a converter to use the charger in a US outlet, thats another $10ish. Just not worth the hassle to save 15-20$. I placed the order last night so its done now.

Keep in mind that TWO vendors make a mod called to ZMAX.. Sigellei and Smok... only Smok makes the VMAX so the fasttech VMAX is a Smok unit.. I would definitely get a Sigellei unit.. I have a VAMO right now and what something with a little better build quality and I think I'm going to get a ZMAX rev3 telescope since I have seen people remark on the build quality.

I prefer a unit with more than a single button, but it seems most mods these days only have one.. thanks provari... The only PV I can find with my requirements is the SVD and some people have said the build quality on the ZMAX is better

Nsanejain

Feb 27, 2013
GA, USA
I give Electronicstix a thumbs up. I did the same ordered it Wednesday and got it Saturday from UT to a small town in GA. They also answered a question I submitted within 3 hrs. Feels very well built put some Ideal Noalax on the threads and good to go. Does fire about a half second after releasing the button but that's no big deal to me. Great price and I like the brushed finish. Only thing I stress a little about is making sure the batt isn't "scrunched up" so nothing inside gets messed up. I don't have any of the shorter batteries yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread