Options on mechanical mods with bottom buttons?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ZTKT

Verified Member
May 8, 2013
United States
www.youtube.com
I'll second for the Pinoy mod - Sentinel.
Hard hitting mod with it's silver plated contacts.

The Nzonic and Launcher are also nice, hard hitting pinoy mods.

For a entry level bottom button mech I would highly recommend the k100 or k101.
Very nice mods and honestly don't think they can beat at the price point.

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
Nemesis on looks alone, but it is a bit fiddly. If you like tinkering with your gear, that's your huckleberry.

Why?

It has two adjustable pins for battery contacts: one is actuated by the button, the other lets you adjust how flush you want your atomizer to be on top. While awesome for flexibility, if you're still figuring out what atomizer works best, it's a bit frustrating at times when you get a misfire because you forgot to adjust the top pin.

I've also experienced the bottom pin working it's way upwards during the course of the day as i vape. Must be how i curl my pinky or ring finger to press the button, but as the pin maintains contact, the button works its way loose; i make it a habit to re-tighten the button after a session.

The last bit of fiddliness i don't care for is how many turns it takes to lock the button. If you don't have it dialed in (both pins adjusted so that the minimum button travel needed to fire is set), you can spend a long time spinning the lock ring before it's "safed".

Aside from those three observations, the nem is my favorite mod. The fit and finish are way beyond any other mod i own, and (IMHO) with a kayfun lite on top, it looks the business. ;)

As an addendum, one more fiddly bit:
if the button travel isn't minimized/dialed-in, the button sticks to the delrin spacer internally forcing you to press directly in the center to fire. Drives me crazy sometimes, but story of my life - i love crazy the best.

Last edited:

mostapha

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 26, 2012
Atlanta, GA
Nemesis on looks alone, but it is a bit fiddly. If you like tinkering with your gear, that's your huckleberry.

Why?

It has two adjustable pins for battery contacts: one is actuated by the button, the other lets you adjust how flush you want your atomizer to be on top. While awesome for flexibility, if you're still figuring out what atomizer works best, it's a bit frustrating at times when you get a misfire because you forgot to adjust the top pin.

I hate to be disrespectful, but have you ever taken apart a Caravela, Gus, or early paps?

That adjustable pin is a fucking godsend compared to having to swap out screws to maybe have one the right length to do the same thing. There's a pretty bad rattle in my gus because I apparently don't have the right screw to secure my AWs for some reason. I'm waiting on a nemesis sale, so I can get an extra of those screws and sell the damn thing.

curisu

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 15, 2013
San Francisco
I hate to be disrespectful, but have you ever taken apart a Caravela, Gus, or early paps?

That adjustable pin is a fucking godsend compared to having to swap out screws to maybe have one the right length to do the same thing. There's a pretty bad rattle in my gus because I apparently don't have the right screw to secure my AWs for some reason. I'm waiting on a nemesis sale, so I can get an extra of those screws and sell the damn thing.

No offense intended, just giving my honest experience. I have never had the opportunity to play with any of the devices you listed (I would love to handle a caravela based on reputation alone). However I have experienced the same frustration on my dingo in 650 mode; I most definitely *appreciate* the adjustable pin heights, but am pointing out they can be fiddly if experimenting.

For the record, I do agree with you on how useful that feature is to dial-in the mod for a given atomizer; my edc is my nemesis in 650 with a kayfun lite atop it. I love it, more I love that it doesn't rattle and the atomizer can sit perfectly flush ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread