P3, bad input quality driving me nuts

Status
Not open for further replies.

Acidham

Jul 17, 2015
The input quality poor warning driving me nuts. I am using three types of battery 18650, 18500 and 18350. I figured out that the warning for 18650 batteries shows up never, for 18500 it shows up after 3-5 puffs and for 18350 it shows up from the first beginning. Even when I am using brand new batteries of different types and vendors. I have the impression that the indicator mainly focus on battery type not quality. Means P3 theoretically is not working with other battery types than 18650. I thought the purpose of that feature was to show warning of batteries with bad quality. Therefore its kind of useless from my perspective. I tried cleaning the P3, chaning the spring etc. but its always the same behaviour.

I upgrade recently to v 3.8 but the behviour is the same. Any ideas suggestions ?

Ryedan

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 31, 2012
Ontario, Canada
If you're referring to the ProVari P3, I suggest you ask the folks at ProVape about this.

I upgrade recently to v 3.8 but the behviour is the same.

I have no idea what "upgrade recently to v 3.8" means, but if you explain it to them I'm sure you'll get an answer.

Best of luck with it Acidham :)

BlueSnake

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 8, 2012
Columbia, SC
I only use genuine AW as recommended by Provape.

I have run 18350, 18500, & 18650 AW batteries in my P3 with no problems whatsoever, they all work great.

One thing I learned early on in vaping was that there are lots of counterfeit and substandard batteries around. I only buy batteries form a couple of trusted vendors and I never worry about looking for a bargain when buying batteries. Batteries are the one area I don't take chances, it's not worth the risk.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread