pcc question

Status
Not open for further replies.

racerdonnie13

May 11, 2011
VA
Just got my kr808d-1 from V4L. I got the ultimate kit that came with the pcc. My question is after my battery dies and i put it in the case to charge, do i need to remove it as soon as its fully charged or can i just leave it in there untill i need it? If i leave it in there will it drain my pcc all the way down so i wont be able to charge another battery. Problem is i will have it in my pocket at work and wont be able to check it every few minutes to see if its charged or not.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
You don't need to check it every few minutes. Just know that it takes approx. 3 hrs to charge a fully discharged batt. When time is up and light is green, just unscrew and turn the batt around. That way, you can keep it in your pcc, but not have to worry about discharge. A fully charged pcc is usually good for charging 3-4 batts before it needs recharging.

MsOceanCity

ECF Veteran
Aug 7, 2009
New Jersey
Ya and if you wanna charge a batt that isnt drained..... you end up checking every 5 minutes.. Thats why i dont use mine anymore... to annoing.. Bought the m602 pcc that takes all kr8's up to 7 cm. They shut off on their own and nothing drains.. Also has screen to tell you when pcc needs charging. Good pcc.

Wow! I had no idea there have been so many great improvements on pccs'. I don't use mine much, so I don't keep up with the latest technology, but the one you described sounds great!

michaelcly

ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2011
Atlantic Beach, FL
Ya and if you wanna charge a batt that isnt drained..... you end up checking every 5 minutes.. Thats why i dont use mine anymore... to annoing.. Bought the m602 pcc that takes all kr8's up to 7 cm. They shut off on their own and nothing drains.. Also has screen to tell you when pcc needs charging. Good pcc.

Do you know of an American supplier of these pcc's? I found one but it's 26.95 shipped from China. I'm also confused about the differences between the 601 and 602 case. And the 401 for that matter. I will be charging 65mm batteries.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread