Pets and Ecigs

Status
Not open for further replies.

Electropope

Jul 27, 2010
Miami
Curious about having pets and vaping. Right now I own a cat, and I know nicotine is basically a poison, so I should keep it away from animals. My question is: can cats form an addiction to nicotine?(any M.D. or Vets in the house?)

I know there have been studies on some animals on the subject of substance addiction, but some animals react differently than others. (some form an addiction, some just suffer poisoning)

Before you ask, NO. I most certainly am NOT "sharing" my vapor with any animals.

What has happened is even though I've taken special precautions to not let my vaping gear sit out, sometimes some eliquid might make it onto my desk. Once I found my cat highly interested in a spot on my desk and after licking it, acting like he ate something nasty.

(cue me rinsing out his mouth and wet unhappy kitten face and washing my desk)

He seems to be highly attracted to the smell of my Eliquid, even sitting on and sniffing on a rag I had left out, and now that I think about it, he also used to try to eat my analogs.(wet kitty face)

Thinking back to all the years of animal abuse by corporations for drug testing, you can see why this has me concerned.

I've taken many extra special precautions to no longer allow him even accidental access to any Eliquid or anything that comes into contact with it, but the questions still remain...Anyone dealt with this? How dangerous is Eliquid to pets? What quantities?

Any help is appreciated.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread