Status
Not open for further replies.

GaryInTexas

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 20, 2013
NE Texas, USA
I just started vaping with my eGo C a few days ago with some juice I got from Mt. Baker. So far things are going well with that. In reading these forums I understand the more VG the more vapor, but my question is what does increasing the VG do the vaping flavor and experience. My juices are all 80/20 PG/VG at 24mg nic. It tends to have a minor bite after a few vapes. Would going to a 60/40 blend smooth it out some while maintaining the same nic levels I need?

MoonLit_Water

We All Shine On
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 16, 2013
Stuart, Florida
Nic level is not determined by either PG or VG. Some people vape 100% VG, the largest PG ratio I've seen is 80% but I'm sure that may even go up to 100%. Others may chime in with more experience on that. The Nic juice that is deluded with either PG or VG and flavoring is available in both PG and VG. So in reality any ratio of PG to VG can be created at any Nic level.

DaveP

PV Master & Musician
ECF Veteran
May 22, 2010
Central GA
Juices are available from 100% PG to 100% VG and in 10% increments between the two. 80pg/20vg is a popular choice among vapers, as is 70pg/30vg. Lots of vapers are into 60/40 and 50/50. Many like all VG for the vapor production and smoothness of the throat hit. 100% VG can be thinned with a small amount of water without affecting the vape. A few drops at a time is the safe way to do it. Some add 10% water to a thick juice from what I understand. Plain PG itself is typically 10% water when purchased.

100% PG is known for more flavor and throat hit. 100% VG is known for smoothness in the vapor, but with a little less flavor concentration. Most like a mix of the two.

Looks at the polling results of 417 ECF vapers here in bar chart format. We could use more input to this poll, BTW.
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/polls/177395-what-pg-vg-ratio-do-you-like-best.html

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread