PG / VG ratio

Status
Not open for further replies.

wakerider

Verified Member
Nov 28, 2012
Wilson, NC
Been vaping for about a month now, and mostly ordered from Juicy. They have a PG/VG mix, but doesn't say what %. I want to make an order from Mt. Baker, and they have multiple options. I read through a bunch of other posts and saw some people were ordering 50/50, but their house blend is 80/20. Not sure what I want.

Also, anyone familiar with MBV, do you recommend extra flavor shots? Specifically: Green Apple, Banana Nut Bread, and Rad Bull, maybe some others as well. I realize it is preference, just looking for some input.

If it matters, it will be in a Vivi Nova Mini on a Twist.

(Too new of a member to ask in the liquids forum)

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
Last edited:

Strigoi

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 12, 2010
Martinez, CA
Mt. Baker Vapor has been my go to for liquid for awhile now. I always go with 50/50 and never get any extra flavor shots. I use Vivi Novas and cartos and have never had wicking issues with the liquid. 80/20 just doesn't give off enough vapor for my liking. Don't let the cheap prices sway your view on them, they have quality liquid. They've always shipped out the next business day as well. They also throw in a free 15ml bottle (of their choice) when you order over a certain amount.

I haven't tried any of those flavors you mentioned, so I can't help there.

I will recommend trying some of their Extreme Ice liquid. I used to hate menthol liquids until I tried it. It's like menthol and wintergreen mixed together, just read the reviews on it.

For coupons try vaporfrombaker or ecf10off (not sure if that one still works).

Last edited:

Sparkle

Nov 3, 2012
NC
Generally speaking, the higher the VG, the more vapor will be produced. The trade-off is the VG mutes the flavors a bit. When I get MBV liquids I get 20pg/80VG and at least 3 extra flavor shots to account for the high VG.

If you like a hard throat hit you want the high PG mixes. I personally don't care for a huge throat hit since I vape 18-24mg nic and that has a bit of a kick to it all on its own.

VG is thicker than PG so you might want to think about that and how it relates to the device you are using. I use Kangar T2s and T3s and they seem to handle the high VG juices just fine for me.

K DUB

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 20, 2012
CALIFORNIA
i mainly get 80/20 from mt baker. i always tend to get the extra flavor shot. they do ship fast, and i reccomend steeping a few days. never tried the flavors you mentioned, but i highly suggest their caramel candy if that appeals to you. call them for the best answers. they are one of the vendors that seems to be really hands on with their service. prices are awesome as well!

Soljah67

Verified Member
Nov 19, 2012
Hawaii
Been vaping for about a month now, and mostly ordered from Juicy. They have a PG/VG mix, but doesn't say what %. I want to make an order from Mt. Baker, and they have multiple options. I read through a bunch of other posts and saw some people were ordering 50/50, but their house blend is 80/20. Not sure what I want.

Also, anyone familiar with MBV, do you recommend extra flavor shots? Specifically: Green Apple, Banana Nut Bread, and Rad Bull, maybe some others as well. I realize it is preference, just looking for some input.

If it matters, it will be in a Vivi Nova Mini on a Twist.

(Too new of a member to ask in the liquids forum)

A couple of sites I purchased liquid from usually makes it 70/30... I believe that's the norm but I thinks its mostly personal peference!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread