Status
Not open for further replies.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
Hey guys,

as as title says I am just having a brain freeze, blonde moment whatever ya wanna call it - but I just can't grasp the difference between a low profile reo and a regular one. I think if I had them in my hands I would get it right away but I don't :)

I have read other threads on it still no luck - I don't understand what milled down vs not milled down is. I have one kayfun clone and obviously don't need or want to vape it on my reo grande as I have an rm2 but I did notice it doesn't fit. I guess the catch up it's called is too high and the 510 connection on the kayfun can't reach down far enough to make contact with with reo.

does the lp give you more options in terms of outside (not sold at reomods) rbas and rdas that will fit it if those attys have a bottom hole for juice to flow

Howver, I hear rob is getting some additional types of rbas and will make them to be able to fit and work with our reos - so with this new news that additional rbas will be avail what advantages that an lp has and what disadvantages an lp has? I already own a regular reo grande

the lp is more money so I'm assuming it offers something more - but what is that exactly ?

And input put would be great and appreciated greatly !

kinggirl

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2013
Dallas
If you pull both of them up side by side on the internet and look at photos, you can see that the raised part where you screw your atty on with the LP is lower giving it the "low profile." The standard is higher. When they are side by side, my understanding is that with the rm2 they are the same height. But, the LP one is shorter allowing you to use other attys that will fit other than the rm2.

JC Okie

REOnaut
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 2, 2010
Tulsa, OK
You are over-thinking it, flexsr. It just means that the catch cup has been ground down right to the connection so other RBAs don't have to fit down inside it to reach the connection --- it's exposed. Of course, it no longer has a catch cup to catch overflow juice. But then, with RBAs, you don't need that. The price doesn't reflect "more" of anything except work. It takes time for Rob to grind the drip well down.

sllanham

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 21, 2012
Martinsburg,Wv
I now have 4 LP's and the only Reos I have. I'm sticking with the LP's in order to be able to use any new toppers coming out. I didn't want to be tied to certain toppers.

That's why I went with the LP as well. There is something to be said for a small chamber though. I'm glad I with the LP though. There's just more options down the road.

flexsr

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 5, 2009
upstate new york
It's kind of a big deal then if weighing in on a new purchase

With the info above and what I kinda thought is that it does give access to some new attys that won't normally fit on a regular reo but are bottom fed compatible.

I'm happy with the rm2--- but it's always nice for some variety eventually

I kinda started another thread regarding the 510-510 adapter rob has on website - I suppose that will give you the height and clearing for any atty if install on a regular reo- have to squonk harder to make up for the height maybe...

Ok - thanks for the info -

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread