Please help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecia

Aug 5, 2016
Hello everyone!

I purchased 1L of 70/30 VG/PG base, 30mL of 100%VG 3mg nicotine base, numerous concentrated flavors, bottles, and even syringes. I am very excited about mixing my own flavors to vape, but it appears that I have lost my ability to do basic math!! I cannot figure out how to mix my 30ml bottles and keep my concentrations at 70/30 VG/PG with 3mg nicotine content.

I have tried several vaping calculators, but they don't seem to work well with my pre-mixed bases.

Will someone please help unscramble my brain and provide me with a math formula or link to a helpful vaping calculator?? I am seriously struggling!!!

Larry J

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 27, 2014
Amarillo, Texas
You don't say what strength nic your 70/30 base is. That makes a huge difference. Try this Juice Calculator. It's the one the majority of DIYers on here use. In the future, you'll get quicker answers to mixing questions on the DIY sub-forum DIY E-Liquid. Hang in there. DIY isn't really all that difficult when you have a little guidance. And WELSOME to ECF!

Reactions: Lecia

Lecia

Aug 5, 2016
You don't say what strength nic your 70/30 base is. That makes a huge difference. Try this Juice Calculator. It's the one the majority of DIYers on here use. In the future, you'll get quicker answers to mixing questions on the DIY sub-forum DIY E-Liquid. Hang in there. DIY isn't really all that difficult when you have a little guidance. And WELSOME to ECF!

Thanks!! My VG/PG base is 0mg nicotine strength. I will try these calculators now and see what happens!!

Lecia

Aug 5, 2016
Did you buy 3mg (0.3%) base liquid?

If so, there's nothing to dilute. Are you sure?

The bottle says Unflavored e-Liquid VG Base 3mg/mL 30mL... I bought this on recommendation from a vape shop representative, but I'm confused now because I am thinking that the 100%VG base will increase the VG content of my liquid too much. Obviously I am mathematically deficient at the moment. Does having this kind really mean that I don't have carefully measure the amount of nicotine that I add to my 30mL bottle because my VG/PG concentration will not change??

Lecia

Aug 5, 2016
As a base of thought in DIY basics
a graduated cylinder will help you keep to this basic formula; until you read up and learn some more suffocated methods.
80% base mixture
10 - 15 % flavoring
10 - 15% nic
100% for your 30ml
Or should I state last that; this is how I started out.

So, in a 30ml mixture, if I start with 25ml of VG/PG base, I can basically add 2.5ml of 3mg nicotine strength 100%VG base and 2.5mL of PG flavor, and my concentration still stay around 70/30 VG/PG?? Just throwing my awful math out there...

Reactions: subwayaznm

AzPlumber

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 28, 2011
Arizona
So, in a 30ml mixture, if I start with 25ml of VG/PG base, I can basically add 2.5ml of 3mg nicotine strength 100%VG base and 2.5mL of PG flavor, and my concentration still stay around 70/30 VG/PG?? Just throwing my awful math out there...

Yes, but your nicotine will be .25mg/ml

retired1

Administrator
Admin
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 5, 2013
Texas
That is what I was thinking!! Maybe I should have bought 6mg instead of 3mg. Now, anything I add to the 3mg nicotine base (VG/PG, flavor) will dilute the overall nicotine content, right?

Correct.

Essentially, what you have there is something that's ready to vape.

If you're looking into DIY with a target strength of 3mg, you should probably purchase (as a minimum) 50mg e-liquid base.

Reactions: Lecia

Lecia

Aug 5, 2016
Most VG/PG bought without nicotine is 100% (ex: a bottle of VG and a bottle of PG) to mix nicotine base with.
The 0mg base I bought was pre-mixed at 70/30 VG/PG. The rep made this sound like the easier route for me, but now I'm totally confused. I was initially worried about the end VG/PG content and I didn't even consider the fact that I would be diluting my nicotine strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread