Please help me!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lecia

Aug 5, 2016
I have bought 30/70/6 nic. base and just vape it as is. I don't add much flavoring so not to concerned about the dilution of the nicotine when adding a couple drops.
This is what I started to buy except with 3mg strength, until the rep talked me out of it:-( I think that what you have is what I will purchase tonight.

APathos

ECF Veteran
Jul 16, 2016
CA USA
github.com
I like the e-liquid-recipes calculator and save my concoctions there. If you haven't already, you might just buy something like 24mg (what i get when I'm lazy) and keep it in your freezer; generally safe and the math is easy even without a calculator (divisible to 2, 3, 4, 6, 8, 12mg). I have 100mg for the freezer, but then you need to be careful when handling, so not recommended since you just starting DIY.

NealBJr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 27, 2013
Lawrenceville, Ga.
:-( You are totally right and that sucks for me. I will be purchasing a higher nicotine strength tonight!! Thank you!

If you have a 30/70 0mg base, then adding nicotine will change those numbers.... unless you have the same 30/70 nicotine base.

Most people use a very high nicotine base, and dilute it down to the nicotine level they want. I use a 60mg/ml base of pure PG, and get my flavorings in PG. I am more worried about the nicotine content and the flavoring percentage than I am the PG/VG mix. I like a fairly high VG mix, so for me, I don't even factor in what PG/vg mix it is... I just calculate it for 6mg with %10-%15 flavor (depending on the flavor) and fill the rest with VG. I would guestimate my VG is in the %80-%90 range which is good enough for me.

There would be two methods to use... the Simple method, and the DIY method.

The simple method is simply buying the nicotine base at a slightly higher mg/ml level that you want. if you want, say %10 flavoring, then you would ask for a 3.3mg/ml base.. when you add the %10 flavoring, it would dilute it back down to 3mg/ml. The good point on this method, is it's super easy.. just add flavorings. The downside, is numbers will be always approximate, and chances are, finding an exact nic base, I wouldn't hold them to a .3% margin for error..

For DIY: If I were to try and make a %30pg, %70VG, using PG based flavors, and PG based nicotine at a 60mg/ml.. for 30ml bottles, I punch up steamengine.org and go to the eliquid section on the top. put in 30ml for the batch size (the size of the end bottle) change to mg/ml, then punch in 60 for the mg/ml under the Nicotine base liquid.
Then for flavoring, I would put it.. say, for %15 flavoring for flavoring one... and make sure it's PG flavoring. Then I go over to the Target and put 3mg/ml as the desired target and the 70VG/30VG target level. The mixing part should now be filled in with what I need to add, and what levels. It tells me how much of what to add. For this, you have more control over your liquid mixing, but you'll be the margin of error... it's only as exact as you are. Also, mixing with a high Nic base, you should be careful and always use gloves and do it in a well ventilated area.

Just remember, Mixing and DIY juices can be fun... don't get too caught up in the numbers except for the nicotine. Also, if you were to resell it, I'd be concerned about making recipes that are duplicatable (if there's such a word). as I said earlier.. for me, it's not exact, it's more fun than a chemistry experiment. Nicotine levels is the only thing I am super critical of.. the rest.. well, it's just fun. I seem to have a few followers when I let them try my juices.. they seem to like it. My favorite overall, is a Guava and Vanilla custard blend

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I am feeling your frustration @Lecia
Your Vape shop person has really not helped you out at all. He's sold you 'dilutents' which you don't need.
If you bought 3mg liquid, all you do is add the flavor.
However, if you have the dilutents (the PG and VG without Nicotine) you can buy higher strength base liquid and get making! :)

Gramdogg

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 22, 2016
Fredericton NB Canada
Yup your vape shop is one of the bad ones... wanted 70VG as a end result. Most flavours are PG based so that will thin it out and 36-50mg VG nic will re thicken it so end result should be close. You told them you wanted to make 3mg and they sold you 3mg? Swear some vape shops are clueless.

Reactions: djsvapour

Train2

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
May 11, 2013
CA, USA
Yes - this is the issue.
You'll get help here to figure out what to do with your current supplies, but USUALLY, those of us who DIY start with Nic "base" that is stronger - often 100 mg/ml. And we have both PG and VG to add, to reach the final result we want - in PG/VG ratio and strength.
That is the most flexible way to go...

The 0mg base I bought was pre-mixed at 70/30 VG/PG. The rep made this sound like the easier route for me, but now I'm totally confused. I was initially worried about the end VG/PG content and I didn't even consider the fact that I would be diluting my nicotine strength.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread