Post Your DIY Tobacco Recipies Here Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

minigoat

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 8, 2011
USA
Okay, I finally feel confident enough to post my new tobacco creation. I have worked on this since day one of my DIY venture and believe me when I tell you that 4 out of every five batches I made ended up down the drain. This was hours of toil, taste, spit, tweek, taste, spit some more, dump and start over. lol The new bottle of tobacco extract breathed life into this recipe. None of the FA tobaccos would work.

First I started out diluting about 8 drops of TE in 5 ml of PG. I shook the crap out of it and still have some floaties but oh well, it still tastes good and vapes good. Here goes...

10 ml 60% PG 40% VG 18 mg. nic
I plugged those numbers into the calculator and set it up for 10% flavoring. Using a pipette that measures out 21 drops per ml, this is how I did it.

Mix the unflavored base and add 8 drops of tobacco extract diluted as stated above.
Add 20 drops of TPA Juicy Fruit
2 drops of FA Apple
1 drop of FA Oakwood

You will notice that there is more than 10% flavoring when you add up the drops but I used the 10% to calculate the fruit flavoring and then just added the OW and tobacco on top of the 10%.

Shake well. This is vapable immediately but of course is much better the next day. This is hubby's all day, one and only vape. I finally made something he likes!!!

I hope you enjoy it!

Actually I do enjoy this. I didn't go as strong on the juicy fruit since I don't like that much of a sweet flavor. You were right about the TE, I shook the crap out of it, heated it up in my coffee, etc. Still had floaters and I thought that maybe it needs to be strained? Either that or it would be a good candidate for the dremel mixer upper.

Thanks again Lynda

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
I'm glad you like it minigoat. I will keep tweaking it until I find exactly what I'm looking for but for now, it's working. I'm starting to experiment with the tobacco molecules. I will definitely let you know if I have a "eureka" moment. I would appreciate feedback on this recipe should anyone here find a missing ingredient. We have to stick together for the common goal. lol The dremel might work wonders on the TE but really, I haven't had a problem keeping the floaters out of my mixes. They seem to stay away from the drip tip when I'm dispensing.

markfm

Aussie Pup Wrangler
Supporting Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 9, 2010
Beautiful Baldwinsville (CNY)
Tob6:
8% seedman commercial cigarette concentrate (2.4 ml per 30)
9% caramel (2.7 ml per 30)
4% vanilla (1.2ml per 30)
2 drops TPA tobacco absolute diluted per 10ml of final mixture

You could probably try TPA tobacco flavorings, though I haven't heard of any that quite match the Seedman commercial taste. I use tpa tobacco blend as the tobacco base for mixing with vanilla or fruits, things that are less tobacco-y.

res125

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 10, 2010
PA
so if im trying to make a ry4 or a dktab type vape...

i can just use TPA flavors vs buying that seedmans stuff?

To me the DK Tab doesn't come close to any DK Tab that I bought from numerous vendors. That being said it is a great base to use in your mixes or to just use by itself - I like to add just a bit of sweetener to it and vape away all day.

I don't know about their RY4 as I haven't tried it yet.

pizza2me

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 1, 2010
Maryland
I just wanted to give an update. He finally had phoenix back in stock over the holidays and I ordered a bunch. But!!!

I like my own (from Jimi D!!) better!!! :) :)

by FA, Latakia 1%, Dark Vapure 1 %, Perique Black 1% and Bitter Wizard 1%.

I'm trying to tweak it a little bit. I was bouncing between raising one of the flavors (either Latakia or Perique Black) Suggestions???

Or adding 1% of caramel, licorice or cocoa... Suggestions?

I had caramel and licorice (yep! Still haven't ordered cocoa!! Argh!)

So I made a batch of the above with adding 1% licorice. I'll let you all know how it turns out.

Oceaneco

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2009
Santa Fe, NM
I just discovered a mix thats pretty good. the dk helps to smooth out the grassiness in the camtel. works with other strong fa tobaccos too.

5% pa dk tobacco
2% fa camtel
1% fa nut mix

How did you like the flavor of the FA Nut Mix?
I like the little bit of a nutty flavor.

buffaloguy

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Feb 22, 2012
Buffalo NY
I have a couple tobacco recipies I can share. My base is 100% vg with 10% dw added. Typically around 14-18mg for most juices.

I always steep my juices in hot water after I mix them for about 40 minutes. Then I will leave them uncapped (at least) 24 hours, sometimes longer. Both of these are vapable immediately however they will get better after a week.

Plus they are super simple.

Seedmans Commercial at 10%
1 drop vinegar per 5ml
Super easy, and its a decent vape without TA, sweetener, or anything else.

TPA DK/555 Type at 3%
Seedmans Commercial at 3%
1 drop vinegar per 5ml

TPA RY4 Double at 3%
TPA M-Type at 1%
1drop vinegar per 5ml
1drop sucralose per 10ml (if you want it a little sweet).
Side note with this one. If you want flavor stronger you can up the percentage of RY4 double to 5%, and M-Type to 2% and its still good. For me the lower percentages worked better.

J**2

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Medical Lake, WA, USA
From one of scubaDan's posts. Looks interesting.

Smoky vape.......

2 Parts Seedman Commercial
2 Parts Seedmans Virginia
2 Parts TA Mix (TA + EM 10% + PG) From PA
2 Parts Desert Ship From Flavourart 1 Part Guaiacol From PA

10% to your unflavored mix Nice Smokey tobbaco vape

Jeff

GG, Provari, iatty2, DIY wannabe chef

Lyndagayle

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Apr 1, 2010
Arkansas
when people talk about tobacco absolute, do they mean the very thick black stuff in the vial, or do they mean the diluted version. I used the black thick stuff and diluted one or two drops on 10ml of vodka.. Is this what i use, or drip from black stuff

We mean TA diluted. I dilute mine in 10 ml PG and 1/4 tsp. Ethyl Maltol and 3 drops TA. I tried mixing it first with PGA and EM but found that I don't like the taste of alcohol in my juice. Just a matter of preference.

Chris77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Fishers, IN
This is my first successful "all day vape" DIY toboacco recipe. I haven't named it yet as I'm still considering some tweaks. This is my 36th concoction.

Rec. Nicotine: 18mg/ml
Rec. PG/VG Ratio: 60/40
Rec. Flavoring: 15%
Steep: 12-18 hours min.
---
25% FA Dark Vapure
25% TFA Graham Cracker
15% Ethyl Maltol Solution*
10% FA Chocolate
5% LA Vanilla
5% CAP Hazelnut
5% TFA White Chocolate
5% FW Vanilla Custard
5% LA Caramel

+ Add 0.1cc PA Tobacco Absolute Solution** per 20ml total volume e-liquid
---
Mixing Notes:

1) I recommend mixing a 20ml batch because of the small amounts used. You can do it by drops, but I prefer to use a 1ml syringe.

2) Note that the TA solution was not included in the flavoring percentages because of the very small amount used. For a 20ml batch, add .1cc (~2 drops) of TA solution (see below).

3) After mixing, shake well and give a warm water bath. Warming up a coffee cup of water for about a minute, then placing the capped bottle in it works well. After warm water reaches room temperature, remove and shake again.

4) After removing from warm bath, steep overnight (12+ hours) uncapped. Shake well again before sampling.

* Ethyl Maltol Solution: 10-11% Ethyl Maltol crystals dissolved in PGA (190 proof Everclear). A premixed EM solution in PGA or PG, or any Cotton Candy flavoring should be a fine substitute.

** Tobacco Absolute Solution: 2 drops (0.1cc) 50% diluted TA [or 1 drop (0.05cc) Pure TA] per 1.5ml of PGA (190 proof Everclear).

---
Notes:

1) Mixture is better after twenty-four hours, but haven't had it long enough to know what it's like after 1-2 weeks.
2) Hazelnut may be slightly too strong, especially early on.
3) I'm also considering upping the chocolate ratio, or using CAP Double Chocolate as a substitute for FA Chocolate.

Curious to hear your thoughts & suggestions!

Last edited:

J**2

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Medical Lake, WA, USA
This is my first successful "all day vape" DIY toboacco recipe. I haven't named it yet as I'm still considering some tweaks. This is my 36th concoction.

Rec. Nicotine: 18mg/ml
Rec. PG/VG Ratio: 60/40
Rec. Flavoring: 15%
Steep: 12-18 hours min.
---
25% FA Dark Vapure
25% TFA Graham Cracker
15% Ethyl Maltol Solution*
10% FA Chocolate
5% LA Vanilla
5% CAP Hazelnut
5% TFA White Chocolate
5% FW Vanilla Custard
5% LA Caramel

+ Add 0.1cc PA Tobacco Absolute Solution** per 20ml total volume e-liquid
---
Mixing Notes:

1) I recommend mixing a 20ml batch because of the small amounts used. You can do it by drops, but I prefer to use a 1mm syringe.

2) Note that the TA solution was not included in the flavoring percentages because of the very small amount used. For a 20ml batch, add .1cc (~2 drops) of TA solution (see below).

3) After mixing, shake well and give a warm water bath. Warming up a coffee cup of water for about a minute, then placing the capped bottle in it works well. After warm water reaches room temperature, remove and shake again.

4) After removing from warm bath, steep overnight (12+ hours) uncapped. Shake well again before sampling.

* Ethyl Maltol Solution: 10-11% Ethyl Maltol crystals dissolved in PGA (190 proof Everclear). A premixed EM solution in PGA or PG, or any Cotton Candy flavoring should be a fine substitute.

** Tobacco Absolute Solution: 2 drops (0.1cc) 50% diluted TA [or 1 drop (0.05cc) Pure TA] per 1.5ml of PGA (190 proof Everclear).

---
Notes:

1) Mixture is better after twenty-four hours, but haven't had it long enough to know what it's like after 1-2 weeks.
2) Hazelnut may be slightly too strong, especially early on.
3) I'm also considering upping the chocolate ratio, or using CAP Double Chocolate as a substitute for FA Chocolate.

Curious to hear your thoughts & suggestions!

How about adding a little acetyl pyrazine ?? I bet this would really add to the Graham cracker.

J**2

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Medical Lake, WA, USA
Hi guys and gals

It seems to me the best way to work up a tobacco flavor is to start with a base flavor that is mild and rich then add other tobacco flavors with strong characteristics.

What tobaccos are great smooth full base flavors ?

What tobaccos are good for accentuating for desired characteristics ? That have bold unidimensional flavor ?

I have some Tpa smooth and honey tobacco will be experimenting with them.

So far like dark Vapure.

Thx Jeff
Vape on !!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread