Post Your DIY Tobacco Recipies Here Please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chris77

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 27, 2012
Fishers, IN
How about adding a little acetyl pyrazine ?? I bet this would really add to the Graham cracker.

Having just researched that, I think that is a good suggestion. The graham cracker doesn't stand out much as is. I'll pick up some 5% solution from PA. What percentage of total volume (or vs. volume of Graham Cracker) would you recommend?

J**2

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Medical Lake, WA, USA
Having just researched that, I think that is a good suggestion. The graham cracker doesn't stand out much as is. I'll pick up some 5% solution from PA. What percentage of total volume (or vs. volume of Graham Cracker) would you recommend?

I haven't used it but it's very small. There is a thread somewhere. One post used 1 drop ( using Tpa small dropper 42/ml ) per 5 or 10 ml juice. Another thread using parts per million stated 4 drops of Tpa dilution in 6 ml PG then use that solution 1 drop per 10 ml juice.

GG, Provari, iatty2, DIY wannabe chef

J**2

ECF Veteran
Feb 14, 2012
Medical Lake, WA, USA
From
http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/showthread.php?p=5531396

Okay, I did a search, found that all the Acetylpyrazine comes from Chinese manufacturers. It was not easy to find the max ppm for Acetylpyrazine (Ap)...

“Normal use levels in finished consumer product: 0.05-5 ppm.

Council of Europe limits: foods (5 ppm); beverages (5 ppm). Uses: Daily Flavor, Food Flavor, Tobacco Flavor, Other” Have seen that the practise of foodflavoring with 1.000 ppm Acetylpyrazine or higher is not unusual. Don’t know, maybe that’s only not unusual for the USA?

Found also the following:pARTS PER MILLION CONVERSIONS ,telling; “1 ppm = 1/1,000,000 = 0.000001 = 0.0001% of undiluted”, so: 5 ppm = 5/1,000,000 = 0.000005 = 0.0005% of undiluted Ap.

Now step by step my calculation with TPA’s Ap that is sold by TPA in a 5%-dilution (TPA also sells Ap-1% solution and that gives of course other results.) and when staying within the Europe food-limit of max.5 ppm :

1 drop/ml = 1/20 = 5% of undiluted, meaning: 1 drop of undiluted Pa (100%) in 10.000 drops (=500ml) results in 0,0005%; the max. 5 ppm. 1 drop of TPA’s 5% Ap in 500 drops (=5% of 10.000 drops)=0,0005%, the max 5 ppm-dilution, meaning: 1 drop of TPA’s 5% Ap in (500 drops/20 drops) 25 ml of juice is the maximum for food.

So; 1 drop of TPA’s 5% Ap in 5 ml of juice is 5 times to much “for food”, meaning; 1 drop of TPA’s 5% Ap in 1 ml of juice is 25 times to much and 1 drop of this diluted in 1-2 ml base juice will bring it below the max of 5 ppm.

We speak here about maximum levels for food, but we vape it and maybe the max. level for food is to high for vaping, we just don’t know. So let’s get on the safer side and therefore choose for a max. of: 1 drop of TPA’s 5% Ap diluting in 5 ml of plain PG and of that dilution I put in max 4-5 drops in 10 ml of e-juice.

European limit for food of 5 ppm

://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/diy-e-liquid/236031-what-these-3-molecules.html

GG, Provari, iatty2, DIY wannabe chef

nikon

Verified Member
Apr 22, 2012
israel
hello
i am also interesting to make my won tobacco e-juice , with the most real flavor there is
i will love to here any advices on how to mix

i just made this "small" order of Concentrate from totallywicked
today i need to receive it

Flavour: Tobacco
State Express
Mild 7
American Red Tobacco
Hilton
nGold Virgin
Camel
Blended Tobacco
Bensins
Tobacco
State Express
Mild 7
American Red Tobacco
Hilton
F Gold Virgin
Camel
Blended Tobacco
Bensins

and from libertyflight this

AMERICAN GOLD (TOBACCO)
AMERICAN RED (TOBACCO)
CARMEL (TOBACCO)
TOBACCO (TOBACCO)VIRGINIA

Last edited:

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Tobacco flavors are VERY strong! You usually don't need much more than 1 or 2% added to your base liquid.
I like Flavor Art tobaccos for the most part. Cowboy and Tuscan Reserve are 2 of my favorites. You really should add a bit of sweetener also. It takes some of the harshness off the tobacco flavor.

Tobacco flavors also need to steep for about a week after mixing them. They are the big culprits of the chemically/perfumery taste everyone always complains about. It will disappear after a week of steeping.

Okay...Here's a common tobacco recipe I use for Flavor Art Tobaccos.

5ml of NIC/PG/VG base
2 drops of Tobacco Flavor
2 drops of Ethyl Maltol (Sweetener)

That's it! Shake well and wait about a week.
This is a very clean mix and your cartos, clearos and attys will last a long time vaping this clean mix.

Optional: Dilute 2 drops of Tobacco Absolute into 5ml of PG. THEN...Use 2 drops of the diluted mixture to flavor your tobacco mix. Tobacco Absolute is REALLY REALLY STRONG!

Remember back to when you were using analogs, the analog flavor was subtle, it didn't knock your socks off.

This is actually my base flavor. I add other flavors to this base. All my mixes have a tobacco base flavor.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Pete

I mixed my first batch of e-liquids a week ago. My first attempts were o.k. but not stellar. Unlike many vapers I like tobacco flavors. I came across your post and tried mixing 15 ml of various tobacco flavors, using your common tobacco recipe, which are still steeping. I just sampled one of them and it is PRO! I got a long lasting vape with good flavor and tons of vapor using 3 dorps in my drip-o-mizer. I have to wait a couple more days for these to steep but my sample was excellent. Thanks -from a noob and in particular a noob to DIY- for a simple, quick, and good way to mix tobacco flavors. I will also try mixing some other flavors with these guidelines; I'm confident that my mixing will be successful due to the ease of this recipe and its quality results. Thank you.

grabeard

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 29, 2009
Just outside my comfort zone.
This sounds like a great recipe. Will go mix it shortly. Thanks

Tobacco flavors are VERY strong! You usually don't need much more than 1 or 2% added to your base liquid.
I like Flavor Art tobaccos for the most part. Cowboy and Tuscan Reserve are 2 of my favorites. You really should add a bit of sweetener also. It takes some of the harshness off the tobacco flavor.

Tobacco flavors also need to steep for about a week after mixing them. They are the big culprits of the chemically/perfumery taste everyone always complains about. It will disappear after a week of steeping.

Okay...Here's a common tobacco recipe I use for Flavor Art Tobaccos.

5ml of NIC/PG/VG base
2 drops of Tobacco Flavor
2 drops of Ethyl Maltol (Sweetener)

That's it! Shake well and wait about a week.
This is a very clean mix and your cartos, clearos and attys will last a long time vaping this clean mix.

Optional: Dilute 2 drops of Tobacco Absolute into 5ml of PG. THEN...Use 2 drops of the diluted mixture to flavor your tobacco mix. Tobacco Absolute is REALLY REALLY STRONG!

Remember back to when you were using analogs, the analog flavor was subtle, it didn't knock your socks off.

This is actually my base flavor. I add other flavors to this base. All my mixes have a tobacco base flavor.

Hope this helps!

Good luck!

Pete

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
I'm vaping 24.7 mg Marksboro, right now, using pinellaspete's common tobacco recipe, my 510, and a clearomizer. Tons of flavor and vapor! I'm thinking about mixing another batch but I want to explore some other flavoring options so I can tweak sweet/sour, smooth/toasty, grassy, dry, etc. I owe quick success as a DIY noob to this quick, easy, and prone to success recipe. I've used it as a model to mix two coffee/creme flavors that are currently steeping. I'll let you know how they come out.
Thank you pinellaspete.

frequentj

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 24, 2010
Louisville, KY
I make this Banana Tobacco that I really love, but I'm bad about exact measurements, so mine goes something like this:

For 10 mL, I add 3-4 drops each of Burley, Cowboy, Virginia, and then I add Desert Ship until I'm at about 5% total flavoring. Not sure how much the "lesser tobaccos" influence the DS (because it's pretty strong), but it works, so I haven't stopped adding them! Then, I add banana flavor until I can smell it in there a little. I know with these little micro-pipettes I use, it's about 10 drops, but those are tiny drops. I've used TPA's Ripe Banana, but I actually prefer the Lorann's Banana Creme flavor. Oh, I also add two drops of 10% EM mix and 4 drops of MTS Vape Wizard.

Edit: I've tried a few of the super-concentrated flavors, and they are good for single-flavor tobacco mixes, but I've found with my 50/50 vg/pg blend, I need to mix them at close to 4% than the 2.5% they advise. Virginia Flue Cure, Honey Flue Cure, and Real Cig are all pretty good IMO. All the FA's I mix at about 5%.

Last edited:

ki77en

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 31, 2011
Ohio
French pipe tobacco + Jamaican rum. wow!

This is the first DIY and vendor bought juice that I've actually thought was yummy and just wanted to vape the hell out of it.
Can't give you the percentages b/c I'm too lazy to keep track, and I mix at a higher overall flavor percentage due to using %100 vg. First batch I made was great, then the second I made was mixed w/ a bit more Jamaican Rum (b/c I couldn't remember how much I added to the first one) and while it didn't have the same good smell as the first batch, the vaping is amazing. :p I think I like the second batch a little more.. I think.

yardbyrd

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 23, 2012
Carrollton, Georgia USA
Here goes nothing! I'm still really new to this but I feel that I've got one good tobacco recipe (at least by my taste). I've tried a lot of different tobacco mixings (all were vapeable just not worth re-mixing) this is the only one marked in my chicken scratch/recipe notebook with "keeper".

Mixed 6/22/12 target 24mg 80PG/20VG 5ml used TFA flavorings.

Marksboro Smooth

2.5 ml 48mg Nic/PG
1.5 ml PG
7 drops m-type flavor
4 drops smooth type flavor
1 drop Cotton Candy.
Filled to 5ml with VG
I let this steep for 7 days.

I know it's closer to 82G/18VG but I rounded off.

Last edited:

Razorback

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 21, 2012
Conway, Arkansas
Thanks for the recipes. It seems every time I try one, it comes out too strong and I can never stop with 1 or two drops... :D I just mixed up a few sample bottles (4ml worth in each of 18mg strength and 75pg/25vg ratio) with Ry4 flavoring and 7 Leaves Ultimate with 2 drops in each bottle or 2 drops per 4ml. I will try to let it steep a few days before sampling...

Question: I do not have any Ethyl Maltol. Is there a good substitute for sweetener, as I have a ton of fruit flavors etc., that I like to add minimally to pre-mixed tobacco flavors.. Any advise on this substitution is most appreciated. I don't like nutty flavors, or overly sweet... maybe just a hint, but thought I might get some masterful advise...

Thanks in advance!

Edit: Btw, when I meant not overly sweet, I use a blueberry mix that totals 10 drops per 10ml of Light Tobacco mixture that I now add to other tobacco flavored stuff as the flavoring. In essense, a 10ml bottle of this should last me a few years. Just can't stand the overpowering sweet flavors. Hope that makes sense as well.

Thanks again.

Last edited:

Eighttrucktires

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 6, 2010
Missouri
personally, I never had any luck with tobacco absolute, diluted or not. For the last year or so, all I vape is:
2.75% tobacco express MLB
.5% fruit express caramel mocha
1.25% sucralose sweetener (flavor apprentice)
I prefer 50/50 pg/vg making 365 ML batches so I can just squirt in the whole 10Ml MLB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread