Problem with Aspire Nautilus. Help please.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ansor

Feb 19, 2015
Hi guys, Im new to this forum, and of course, I have a problem.

I bought the Aspire Nautilus Mini, with a CF VV battery. I set it up, start vaping... COLD vapor.
And I mean Cold. My wife got the same kit and she is experiencing the same issue.
We used to vape with a Vision Spinner II with a Protank Mini 3. Our other kit is a Kanger T2 on an Evod VV 1300 mah.
With the same e-juice in every tank (100% VG), we get warm vapor on the T2 and the Protank Mini and COLD vapor on both Aspire Nautilus.
The coils on the Nautilus are 1.8 ohm and we tried those 4 airholes and from the min to the highest voltage.
Also, we tried the Nautilus in our other batteries with the same results.
Just experimenting around, we tried the T2 and the Protank Mini on the CF battery and the battery gave us warm vapor, so yes, it´s the Nautilus.
Both of them.

Anyone can help us with this? We bought them as an upgrade but we keep vaping on our older kits.
Thanks in advance for your help!

Edit: Both kits are originals, we checked that on the Aspire website

Last edited:

bwh79

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Dec 11, 2014
Oregon
It might not be a "problem" with the tank, necessarily, quite so much as "that's just the way it is." Different tanks will perform differently than other tanks (hence, why we even have the different tanks in the first place.) Have you tried just bumping up the volts a little bit to see if that gives you the "warmer" vape that you're after?

Ansor

Feb 19, 2015
bwh, thanks for your reply.
I agree, not all tanks will perform the same, but this "performance" is a bad one.
I watched all those videos when Indoor Smokers, Rip Trippers, PBusardo etc, talk about the warm vapor on the Nautilus.
Not in my experience.
And yes, as I stated before, we started from 3.3 volts to 4.8 volts.
SAME cold vapor.
Funny thing? The tank itself is hot as hell, the glass and the base. Even the drip tid is fairly hot.

SHOCK COLLAR

Jan 11, 2015
N.Cal
same kit here too it doesnt get warm at first you gotta really chain vape it to show signs of heating but the vape doesnt get warm, the distance from the coil makes it cool by the time it gets to your mouth so try taking the drip tip off I do it all the time it gives more flavor too because your closer to the coil. I hold it like a cigar resting on my middle finger and held with my thumb and index with the button offset and press with index finger.

BlakeMcC1990

Feb 4, 2015
United Kingdom
Hi Ansor.

I've had this same issue! Basically if you're using a 1.8 Ohm coil with 100% VG you're going to have a few issues! Try a 1.6 Ohm instead. It takes a while for the Nautilus coils to absorb 100% VG. Try putting a few drops onto the wick first the fill it up. But leave it for 12 hours. Not convenient I know but it takes a while to break in a new coil with 100% VG. Also vape it at the lowest wattage or voltage to begin with.

Nermal

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jun 8, 2013
Farmington, NM USA
Nermal, thanks for your advice.
Tried that aswell.
In fact, I press the fire button quite well before every drag. LOTS of vapor, really nice ammount of it
But cold.
Keep trying to find the reason.
Do you have a Nautilus?

I do have a Nautilus, and I'm using the 1.8 ohm BVC coil. I have a feeling I'm just not very sensitive to vape temperature.

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
I tried a few combinations of mini Nautilus on VV/VW EGO batteries. Different coils (1.6 and 1.8) and different liquids.

Yes. They were all rather cold...

(iTasteVV, Spinner v1. v.2)

I'm not surprised. Even on a 3.7v 18650 (4.16v on the meter) mechanical mod, it's barely getting the BVC atomizer working at any decent level.

Ansor

Feb 19, 2015
Thanks for your input man!
That is what I was thinking, so I tried the Nautilus Mini on a Mig Cigs Phantom VW.
That battery only goes to 15 watts, but the vapor was warmer. I think I will need to buy something like the IPV Mini or an iStick.
In any case (I just used it once with this battery), when it reached 12 watts, the tank started to gurgling.
I will clean the tank and I will try it again.
But since we are all here talking about this... any gurgling issues with the Nautilus Mini? And if so... how do you solve them?

djsvapour

ECF Guru
ECF Veteran
Oct 2, 2012
England and Wales
But since we are all here talking about this... any gurgling issues with the Nautilus Mini? And if so... how do you solve them?

Higher watts should discourage gurgles. (Faster vaporizing of liquid)

I can't comment on Mig Cigs Phantom, as I consider them to be a disingenuous brand (*comment deleted*). I would, however, bet money on it not making genuine 15w.

So, I bought 2 x mini Nautilus in July 2014. Since then, I've used about 4 packs of replacement coils and rebuilt a few. The only fatal gurgle was last Wednesday using a new brand of e-liquid. If I do get the first sign of flooding, I tend to vape it upside down... LOL... and wipe the drip tip and drip tip housing.

The iStick does power the mini Nautilus very well. For me, I would say it has the optimum range of power for the atomizer(s). The only downside is that the iStick doesn't go low enough, despite what it says on the display. If the display says 3.0v the iStick is giving 4.0v. Not an issue for me, but certainly for some atomizers and users.

The 30w version is better all round and worth the extra for the spring loaded centre pin alone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread