Problems with my Provari firing...HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

bumponalog

Feb 20, 2010
Missouri
Okay, first let me state that I LOVE my Provari. I've tried other ecigs and still craved/went back to ciggies...The Provari has kept me off of the stinky things for over 3 months now and I KNOW I will not go back. The thought of lighting one up makes me feel sick...

Now, on to the problem! I've started to have issues with getting my Provari to work. It started out as only occasional. I would push the button and nothing would happen...no light, no sizzle. I'd remove the battery, put it back in, and all would be well.

Over the last month it has gotten worse. Now I have to have the bottom cap slightly unscrewed for it to fire at all...and most of the time I have to play with the bottom cap, slowly screwing and unscrewing it until I hit the 'sweet spot' where it will fire!

I've tried cleaning the connections...and that seemed to help for awhile, but now it's back to doing the same thing. I have only dropped it once, from a low, low coffee table--and the problem didn't start until a month later, so I don't think that was it. I've nocked it over a few times.....but I don't think that could be it...

Any suggestions? Or should I contact customer service about getting a 'tune-up'...and brave the cold, cruel world without my Provari?????? :ohmy:

MonsterKenny

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Mar 23, 2009
dublin ohio
www.provape.com
Try cleaning the spring as suggested above, also, can you hear the battery move around inside the provari? If so the spring is compressed and needs a slight adjustment. Some batteries may cause this. Just slightly with gentle force, stretch out the spring just a smidge. This may cure your misfire issue. Please keep me informed with your issue.
Ken

Last edited:

bumponalog

Feb 20, 2010
Missouri
Wow! Thanks for the quick replies and all the suggestions.

I'm not sure it could be a compressed spring, as it seems like it never works when the bottom cap is screwed all the way on, it always has to be slightly unscrewed. Maybe it's too 'sprung'? I donno.

I'll try cleaning the connections again and apply some noalox. We'll see how that goes.

NickZac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 19, 2012
Baltimore, Maryland--US
I imagine you are but just to be positive, are you using IMR batteries?

This may sound silly but check to see if the battery connections themselves are gunked up...I had that happen to me with a flashlight and it took weeks for me to figure that one out. Going by your post, I am guessing you have already cleaned the inner connection pin with a Q-tip and alcohol? The Naolox may be a good idea as well...I use it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread