Protank-II Mini or eGo CC?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello,
I've been using some form of eCig for about three years now. The first was one of the first generation of cheap Chinese knock-off look-alikes (that worked for crap and broke immediately). I waited awhile for the technology to mature and got an eGo a little over a year ago.
While I like the eGo, I never cared much for the standard tanks that it uses. They have a tendancy to leak or get clogged with "heavier" flavors. I decided to upgrade to a VV device (going with the Spinner on that count, I think) and a new bottom-coil tank. I'm trying to decide between the eGo CC and the Protank-II mini. Any suggestions as to one over the other?

My main concern is leaking. I hate that my tanks leak; leak into the battery, into my pockets, etc. I'm also concerned about how the tank would look; I know they sell rings to hide the connection but I'm note sure if I'd need one for the ProTank-II mini. I can't imagine I would if I mated the eGo-CC and a Spinner batt...

Any advice or input, esp. from someone familiar with the ProTank-II Mini and the eGo-CC, would be greatly appreciated!!!

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
I have an array of top and bottom coil Clearomizers including all of the Kanger line, except T4. Vivi's ce4 &5's/etc.

Nothing else I have, in Clearo's, comes close to the Vape of the mini-ProTank2. I even have a mini-Protank2 Clone and it Vapes better than all the plastic tanks.
Best 2 BCC tanks I've purchased to date.:thumb:

SanFranAndy

Multiple ID Suspension
Verified Member
Oct 2, 2013
San Francisco, CA
How long are you letting your ecig juice sit in your tank? I used to have that problem as well, I purchased a bunch of e-liquid flavors and multiple tanks. I wanted to be able to swap flavors quickly and easily but after a few days I would start favoring only one or two flavors. Some of the tanks that had juice sit in them for a few days and ever since seemed to leak permanently after that, I replaced the atomizer and rubber gasket and it has fixed the issue. Hope this helps.

Bassnorma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 18, 2013
Geekville, USA
Hello,
I've been using some form of eCig for about three years now. The first was one of the first generation of cheap Chinese knock-off look-alikes (that worked for crap and broke immediately). I waited awhile for the technology to mature and got an eGo a little over a year ago.
While I like the eGo, I never cared much for the standard tanks that it uses. They have a tendancy to leak or get clogged with "heavier" flavors. I decided to upgrade to a VV device (going with the Spinner on that count, I think) and a new bottom-coil tank. I'm trying to decide between the eGo CC and the Protank-II mini. Any suggestions as to one over the other?

My main concern is leaking. I hate that my tanks leak; leak into the battery, into my pockets, etc. I'm also concerned about how the tank would look; I know they sell rings to hide the connection but I'm note sure if I'd need one for the ProTank-II mini. I can't imagine I would if I mated the eGo-CC and a Spinner batt...

Any advice or input, esp. from someone familiar with the ProTank-II Mini and the eGo-CC, would be greatly appreciated!!!

Hey =) I am also returning to vaping and have toyed with it on and off for years. I currently own several Ego twists. My favorite is my Ego V V2 (not a twist but VV). However, I recently reached out the Provari Illuminati (a great group of Provari enthusiasts with a helpful nature, a jovial spirit and a boatload of experience) to have them educate me on what makes a Provari a superior Vape. Needless to say, my mini is on its way. If you like, have a look at what they had to say...http://www.e-cigarette-forum.com/forum/new-members-forum/475041-question-provari-illuminati.html

I realize you are asking about tanks but the engine matters too! ;)

Thus far with my Ego VVs, I have had great luck with Kanger Clearomizers, specifically T3S. If you are a Carto tank person, I can't help you. Being a no fuss no muss woman with little time to spare getting ready, I prefer not having to punch and take forever to fill a tank. So far, I have never had a Kanger leak on me.

Last edited:

Christopherja

ECF Veteran
Aug 1, 2013
Nottingham
I'm a recent Protank Mini II buyer and convert. Super smooth draw, great flavour, no leaking (as of a few weeks now), and able to be dissembled to properly clean/replace parts.

I haven't used the Ego-CC, and I haven't spoken personally to anyone who has, but it certainly lacks the capacity to be fully disassembled which, in my book, is a dealbreaker. And, if you're wondering, the Protank Mini II, doesn't suffer from lacking glued pieces: as I said, no leakage - certainly not from around the glass, base, etc.

Hope this helps

Last edited:

Boognish

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 7, 2012
Chocolate Town
I recently got a couple Kanger protank mini's for my egos. My first bottom coil experience. Very inconsistent at best. I want to like these, but I'm getting some dry and very funky metallic hits. I've even tried higher pg liquid and a couple different heads of each resistance.

What gives with these things and why do so many people rave about them? What am I missing? I'm getting sick (lazy) of rebuilding and just looking for an easy tank system. I did try the Aspire line from NHaler and they are real nice but I was gonna hold off till they come out with a better looking tank besides the vivi nova style. If I can't get these protanks to work right I may just suck it up and get a vivi Aspire anyways to hold me over. Any input would be great.....thanks.

shelleyb

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 1, 2013
rockville, MD
www.shelleybain.com
I just got the protank2 mini and the Joyetech ego CC today! I have been using a protank 2 which is really big on an eGo - but the mini looks awesome -

I also hate the chrome/metal tips so I just ordered some rubber tips and love them.

The protank mini - to me is similar draw to an evod - but maybe a little more airy? I love the Joyetech ego CC - lots and lots of vapor for an ego battery. Can't really say I like one over the other yet - but so far really like them both. Both also look really nice on my Joyetech Ego batteries -

crxess

Grumpy Ole Man
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2012
Williamsport Md
????????????? Seriously, am I getting bunk heads or what?

One piece of advice - YOUTUBE

Maybe you will see something you are or are not doing that may be causing issues.

All Kanger Bottom coil Tanks work and can be Vaped Dry without issues. I know, I own them and they do.

Caffeine7

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 16, 2013
Riverside, ca
I have a protank, protank 2 and a bunch of t3s. Never had a problem with any of them except if you're on a plane you have to keep the t3s horizontal or even upside down or they leak at take off. Probably something to do with the pressure change. For day to day use you can't beat them and the protank 2 will take different tips if you don't like the metal. Also look at the ismoka mini bcc. Not as airy as the kangers but great vapor production and flavor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread