ProVape-1 Review: 1 month in (Pictures Galore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

slowdrag

ECF Veteran
Sep 22, 2009
East Texas
Ok quick first impression review of my provape 1 v2

1. fit and finish- on a scale of 1-10 with 10 being best i give a 10. There were no funky scratches or tool marks.

2. switch - I will give it a 10 also. Easy to push but firm its just the right size has fired every time. The 16 second cutoff works as advertised and is no hype.

3. endcaps- get a 8. The top drip ring could be a little larger maybe .030 per side and still have plenty of stock left. The bottom endcap is fine like it is.

4. lenght and weight - I give it a 10 This unit fits nicely in shirt pocket without being so heavy that it makes your shirt hang to one side.

I think provape puts out a excellant product at a fair price. I have a lr cartomizer with drip tip and this pv puts out tons of vapor. I roll my eyes when I see another vendor come out with another plastic mod. Do yourself a favor and spend the couple extra bucks on a pv thats well built like the provape.:)

skri11a

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2010
Houston
I just wanted to say... I LOVE my provape. I received it about June 30th and it's great. No descriptions of it have been exaggerated. It's solid, reliable, portable without a bulky feeling. It's just awesome.

Unfortunately, two weekends ago, it followed me into a pool. :facepalm: Drunk friends. I did learn to tell everyone goodbye BEFORE I put my cell phone and Provape in my pocket to leave.

Anyway, I emailed them and they replied quickly and told me to send the PV back. For a very nominal fee, they are replacing the circuitry and top cap to the latest version and it should be here by weeks end.

Not only is the unit top-notch, so are the people involved. Best purchase I've made so far in this journey.

skri11a

ECF Veteran
Jun 25, 2010
Houston
Oh man... that sucks about getting shoved in the pool with it :facepalm:

Good news on the rest of it though. :smokie:

lol... it sucks but when you play with fire... you end up in the pool?

Anyway... w00t!! I got my PV back today and I'm back in vaping harmony with the universe (actually I have a nicotine headache but that's my fault lol).

Works better than ever and I've been dripping on a LR atty so it's pretty intense. Love it.

BigTarBall

Jul 24, 2010
Crop County CA
I am sure that this it the next PV that I buy.

The Joye 510 was good for start on. I love my 510 usb passthrough it is at 5v I am always at a computer. Moved up to another disposable kit witch is ho-hum at 600mha.

I am going to stop throwing away money on kits and get something long lasting.

I hope they have a 5v model soon. The usb passthrough really hits my sweet spot. Ya ya LR attys, but I have not tried them yet.

Does anything light up on the ProVape? (LED wise)

Thank you for this review, I was already looking at their website before I read this. :)

whiskey

Moved On
Jan 13, 2010
Well just got my Provape..Amazing PV...I have been watching thy's reviews along with others that have had this unit...I am totally convinced that this is the best thing since buttered bread Ha Ha..It Vapes fantastic, love the size & with an LR on this puppy...I'm in heaven...thanks Provape for a wonderful, well made product!!!!!:thumb:

Question Thy...Lifetime also cover the switch ?

Last edited:

lexgar

ECF Veteran
Oct 30, 2009
Greater LA, SoCal
:p
After almost 5 weeks of heavy use, my Provape decided it needed a vacation in the Great Northwest.

Yesterday it just stopped firing. I did all the usual-battery, atty, different adapter with other atty, clean threads, other batteries, brand new atty, clean battery contacts, check spring, the usual suspects.

Email to David at ProVape got response within the hour. He recommended everything that I had tried already except to reseat the battery contact in the adapters. They had floated down away from the atty, but reseating did nothing to help.

He asked for a phone # and called me to troubleshoot. A+ for customer service. It seems that I have one of the last version 1 units shipped. It may have been an atty short, without a meter I can not diagnose that. (note to self, get a multimeter)

David had me send it in for diagnosis and repair. He is going to put a new board in to upgrade the switch to version 2 which among other things has short protection built in. If you have an atty that shorts out, it will not affect the switch, it just will not work. I admit that I do not see how an atty that shorts out will possibly work on another device, but I will take David's word for it. With all the switching to see what was going on, I have no idea exactly which atty I was using.

These things can happen. What makes a difference is the response of the vendor. David stands behind his product and is responsive to issues that come up. Because of other personal issues, this was not what I wanted to deal with yesterday, but all will be well. Waiting for repair is a drag, but I have backup and hopefully Little Chuck will be here tomorrow.

I hope this is not from the Provape getting jealous with a brother on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread