Provari OR Really good Mech mod???????

Status
Not open for further replies.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
At some point, I think I'd like to buy EITHER a Provari,,,,,,,,,,or a really GOOD Mech mod like the Caravela (or similar).

But I'm not sure which,,,,,,,

background:

48 year old woman, started vaping about 14 months ago, and made the "standard" progression from cig sized through Ego/Ego Twist sized e-cigarettes,,,,,,,I vape 0mg nic, if that makes a difference.

I just bought my first mod, the Vamo (still waiting on it),,,,,,,

But I'd really like something of EXCELLENT quality for lasting,,,,,,,,and I'd like to use the Vamo as a back up, I think,,,,,,,,and for when I go places like the beach, so I don't ruin my good PV.

But I'm really TORN between a Provari and a really good mech mod.

I'm attracted to the Provari's excellent customer service and quality,,,,,,,,and the fact that it's variable voltage,,,,,,

but I'm also really attracted to the idea of a mech mod, and there being nothing to break inside them LOL. Pretty much, no matter what, it's going to "work".

Which one would you choose and why??? Are there any disadvantages to a mech that I'm unaware of? Any thoughts?

Uma

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Mar 4, 2010
Calif
I would get the Provari first.
I believe everyone should own a Provari plus a solid high end mechanical mod.
The Provari has tons of protection, checks battery life, reads your ohms, has a chip that provides consistent hits til the last hit and it flashes letting you know to change your battery out.
The mechanical mod doesn't have wiring or electronics to go haywire on you as you're hiding from the zombies. Picking up extra springs and no-oxId-a stuff will keep you good for forever.
Nemesis is an easy one to clean, and the Reo is even easier. Then there is the Roller, Precise plus, Poldiacs, on and on...
The Provari is made and serviced in America, easy & cheap to send if it ever needs fixing.

In a few months, get your mechanical. You'll be set up nicely for whatever may come.

The Ocelot

Psychopomp
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 12, 2012
The Clock Barrens, Fillory
I'm not attracted to mechanical mods because I don't plan on rebuilding anytime soon and that's where they really shine. I have a box mod that's mechanical and I don't like not knowing if the battery is getting too low until my vapor diminishes. When I look at mechanicals I don't see less things that will break, I see less things that will protected me. I would also end up scratching the cr@p out of them. :)

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
Well if you jave a vamo and it still works fine what the hell do you need a provari for ? Its not going to vape any differantly than the vamo lol its just a lot better made .

So I would buy a decent mech and by decent I mean not a piece of crap clone or somthing but not an super expencive rare mod either you should pick up something that works and has good reviews like the magneto of the natural. And an easy to work with rba and one rda like the rsst and an igo

Sunnyvapor has the natural RSST combo for $80
Also the magneto and a reliable rba will be around 100$ also

Use your vamo wile you practice building coils on your mech and an rda then when your confident in your coils build your rba

So the natural and rsst pluss the igo w will be around 100$ _ 120$ depends and that setup will last a life time

If you want a provari fine but you have a vamo witch works fine so why replace it ? Wait till it breaks and then get a provari, ... But then I dont care for the provari so I would rather get a good DNA 20 mod for the same cost and have way more power and options to boot than a provari could ever offer

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
With a setup like this you wilnever have to worry about your mods ever
Dna 20 mod and the roller mech

Also the silver one is a dna 20 by hana mods

Attachments

• fCQJzBd.jpg
    fCQJzBd.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 127
  • images-7.jpeg
    images-7.jpeg
    4.7 KB · Views: 503

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
Also with the dna 20 you can get a mod that suits you perfecly as they can be made from anything lol
jSwSgAp.jpg

My favorite are the billet milled mods and nice hand made wood mods with the dna chip...like this
2gvkosn.jpg

The hand made wood mods are readily available at differant vendors and hanna mods always has metal ones in stock bolth around the same cost as a provari ... Only with the dna you get way more power 20 watts and the ability to go sub ohm like a mech plus all the protection u need.

I hate the provari yes I have owned one and I hated it
It only has one button and you have to click it a hundred friggin times to do anything lol and the display looks like it came from a 80s kids toy I mean realy realy for that much money why am I getting sutch a cheap ... oled display ? It cant even display numbers and letters properly. Its 2013 poeple why cant I have a nice display that I can actualy read like the dna 20 has ? The display on the provari is just a cheap 9$ radioshack special litteraly !

Last edited:

NicoHolic

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Jul 13, 2013
USA
Spend some time in Reoville (the Reos Mods forum here), reviewing the archives and asking questions. We have quite a number of ladies, many considerably older than you, using these rugged, safe, high-quality mechanicals, wrapping coils and wicks for their RM2s rebuildable atomizers, and even totally rebuilding their own mod. It's a great, closely-knit but welcoming and empowering community.

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Spend some time in Reoville (the Reos Mods forum here), reviewing the archives and asking questions. We have quite a number of ladies, many considerably older than you, using these rugged, safe, high-quality mechanicals, wrapping coils and wicks for their RM2s rebuildable atomizers, and even totally rebuilding their own mod. It's a great, closely-knit but welcoming and empowering community.

thanks, I will!!!!! I do kind of like the looks of the REOs :)

BuzzKilla

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 4, 2010
Etobicoke, Ontario
www.graindeep.etsy.com
At some point, I think I'd like to buy EITHER a Provari,,,,,,,,,,or a really GOOD Mech mod like the Caravela (or similar).

Just get both...
IMG_20130521_185943_zpsd720e015.jpg

But on a serious note....
You will be plenty happy with a Provari, finding a quality mech mod is hard. I've gone through my share of mods, and a clone just never did it for me. Yes there is a noticeable difference aside from aesthetics.

A Provari is well known and can be easily attained, a quality made mech mod is not, aside from the mods that Super-T has to offer, and even those go out of stock often.

Have fun making your choice :vapor:

CommaHolly

Vaping Master
ECF Veteran
Jun 22, 2012
Plant City, FL
Well if you jave a vamo and it still works fine what the hell do you need a provari for ? Its not going to vape any differantly than the vamo lol its just a lot better made .

LOL,,,,,I want the vamo for a back up,,,,,,,,,something that's still decent to take places with me,,,,,,,,,I can't imagine having something really good at home and taking an Ego out with me LOL.

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
I'm not attracted to mechanical mods because I don't plan on rebuilding anytime soon and that's where they really shine. I have a box mod that's mechanical and I don't like not knowing if the battery is getting too low until my vapor diminishes. When I look at mechanicals I don't see less things that will break, I see less things that will protected me. I would also end up scratching the cr@p out of them. :)

Im like this... I luvs my Provari's :)

rogergendron1

ECF Veteran
Apr 3, 2013
woburn ma
LOL,,,,,I want the vamo for a back up,,,,,,,,,something that's still decent to take places with me,,,,,,,,,I can't imagine having something really good at home and taking an Ego out with me LOL.

Yeh I get it ... Sorry abou th all the provari hate lol its just that I bought one and sold it a week later lol I hate those things why anyone would want to keep hitting a single button a hundred times a day is beond me . Its a verry well made avp and and is verry durable and it does vape nice but the one button thing and the quality of the display are garbage .

I went to a dna 20 and never looked back . It can run anything I put on it and do it at 20 watts if I want. Plus all I have to do is look at my display I I know everthing right down to the exact percent of battery level I have left and the amps I am running at the ohms of my build the voltage and wTtage all at once in a verry nice looking display that I can esily read and understand, no foolish 2 letter codes on a crapy display.

I have an nes remote mod a friend put together for me

mattrhdr

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 10, 2013
Toronto
Yeh I get it ... Sorry abou th all the provari hate lol its just that I bought one and sold it a week later lol I hate those things why anyone would want to keep hitting a single button a hundred times a day is beond me . Its a verry well made avp and and is verry durable and it does vape nice but the one button thing and the quality of the display are garbage .

I went to a dna 20 and never looked back . It can run anything I put on it and do it at 20 watts if I want. Plus all I have to do is look at my display I I know everthing right down to the exact percent of battery level I have left and the amps I am running at the ohms of my build the voltage and wTtage all at once in a verry nice looking display that I can esily read and understand, no foolish 2 letter codes on a crapy display.

I have an nes remote mod a friend put together for me

Whats wrong with 1 button and who honestly gives 2 rats ... about the display? It displays what you need to know.. Thats it..SMH

stevegmu

Moved On
ECF Veteran
May 10, 2013
6992 kilometers from home...
Whats wrong with 1 button and who honestly gives 2 rats ... about the display? It displays what you need to know.. Thats it..SMH

Yeah, I don't need to keep fiddling with mine to get a good vape. Once I check the resistance and set power accordingly, I'm good to go until I run out of juice or switch tanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread