Question about batteries and the Reo Grand.

Status
Not open for further replies.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
The red battery in the bottom pic appears to be a LG HE2. That battery will suit the grand well. Has a 20 amp limit and I get really good run times out of mine.

From what I have seen the LG HE2's have never had a white sticker on them. They have all been transparent... I don't think the one in that pic was an LG.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
Never said there weren't numbers underneath, just mentioned that LG never released them with a "white" tag... There's is as I said, transparent... You might be looking at a "Sony type" of situation. Even the fake VTC's all have numbers under the labels. I would suspect possible counterfeits... Wouldn't be the first time a B&M sold counterfeits and won't be the last... The last place I would buy a battery is a B&M...just saying. All the trustworthy places, ie... RTD, Orbtronics, Illumination Supply, and such all have the transparent labels.

muzichead

Resident Knucklehead
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Feb 7, 2011
Illinois
I believe the sticker is put on by the reseller and not the manufacturer but I'm not positive. You gave very good advice about only buying from reputable places and sometimes b&ms can be a bit shady.

Every B&M I have ever been in had something shady going on from devices to attys to liquid to batteries... Haven't bought from one in almost 2yrs now and plan to never buy from one again...

JetMac

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Sep 20, 2014
Valdosta, GA, USA
Never said there weren't numbers underneath, just mentioned that LG never released them with a "white" tag... There's is as I said, transparent... You might be looking at a "Sony type" of situation. Even the fake VTC's all have numbers under the labels. I would suspect possible counterfeits... Wouldn't be the first time a B&M sold counterfeits and won't be the last... The last place I would buy a battery is a B&M...just saying. All the trustworthy places, ie... RTD, Orbtronics, Illumination Supply, and such all have the transparent labels.

Just so you know, (for postal shipping regulations) batteries with labels like the one pictured are shipped from warehouses in an individual box, batteries with transparent labels ship from warehouses in multi packs. All my Sony VTC5s ordered from RTD have a transparent label, and my 1 Sony VTC4 I have I also ordered from RTD has the white sticker label, all my batteries are genuine.

I still support one of my local vapor shops. They make all their own juice in house and print the ingredients on all their labels. They'll make custom (Nic level, % VG/PG mix, whatever flavors you want) juice orders and are very reasonable for prices. I buy 30ml bottles there all the time for $13 a bottle.

Yes, they sell a lot of cloned items such as all sorts of tube mods and RDAs. They also sell authentic mods and RDAs and they come with manufactures certificate of authenticity. I'll usually swing in say high to the guys, they honor military discounts and are very friendly and knowledgable. Me and my wife are the only people who ever go in there with grands. We'll sit down vape it up, chit chat with people, sample some juice, rebuild coils if needed, answer all kinds of questions about the Reo and just have fun.

I agree most B&Ms are iffy and kinda bias when it comes to mods they don't use or sell, but this one place I go is more like a friendly hangout/vapor lounge and they don't care what people are vaping on, all are welcome.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
I have another question and didn't want to clog the forum, so I'm posting it here. The unit I'm getting does not have a drip tip. These are the following drip tips I currently own:
drips tips.jpg

Which to you think will work with the Reo? I want to try to stay away from #4 if I can, it is extra wide and is uncomfortable to fit my mouth around for vaping.

Could you guys recommend a drip tip? A cheaper drip tip if possible. Thank you for helping.

Take care,
Dani

caup

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 14, 2014
Cologne, GER
I have another question and didn't want to clog the forum, so I'm posting it here. The unit I'm getting does not have a drip tip. These are the following drip tips I currently own:
View attachment 393058

Which to you think will work with the Reo? I want to try to stay away from #4 if I can, it is extra wide and is uncomfortable to fit my mouth around for vaping.

Could you guys recommend a drip tip? A cheaper drip tip if possible. Thank you for helping.

Take care,
Dani

The shown driptips seem to be 510 and should work with most atties.
Which type of attie do you plan to use ?
Rob's RM2/4 come with a driptip, RM3/6 seem to come with one too.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
The shown driptips seem to be 510 and should work with most atties.
Which type of attie do you plan to use ?
Rob's RM2/4 come with a driptip, RM3/6 seem to come with one too.

It will be with the cyclone. The owner stated any 510's should work, but I'm not really sure what that means. All of these come from 510 tanks.

danibanani

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 2, 2014
Ohio
When I understand this correctly, the Fusion increases the chamber volume due to being a rba cap and not a driptip.
Reversely, 510 driptips will reduce the chamber volume, thus any 510 driptip should do.

Awesome. Thanks for the link. Definitely will not get the Fusion.

Take care,
Dani

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread