Question about bottom feed dual coil rda's

Status
Not open for further replies.

jkais3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA
Are there any available even? I don't own a reo yet, plan to order after the upgrade. I will be buying a reo, some spare bottles/pieces, a rm2, and possibly this dual coil rda which is bottom feeding of which I speak.

I've tried looking it up, haven't found much. Maybe there's a gem hidden away though.

I want something that I can run dual coils on. I have tried single coils, twisted coils, horizontal vertical and nothing, to me, can replicate the throat hit I get from a dual coil.

I have read that the rm2 is a beast of its own. But I've also read that the kayfun is a beast of its own as well. I have ran maybe a tank of juice through it. The other four tank fulls poured out of the fill hole, so there it sits.

If a dual coil bf rda does not exist I suspect I will be buying many cheap rda's in the hope that I can create one of my own. Thanks everyone.

InTheClouds

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jun 18, 2013
Murphy, NC, USA
I have seen pictures on one of the threads that shows dual coils built on the RM2, I don't know how to link a thread or I would go search for it. Hopefully someone can do that for you.

Edit: on page 2 of forum threads "Wicking Tips RM2 having a little trouble" is the thread name.

Last edited:

mackman

Ultra Member
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Aug 19, 2013
NorCal
Very easy to mount dual coils on a RM2. Here's a pic of one I threw on to test some DIY juice.

CAM00366.jpg

jkais3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA
I have seen pictures on one of the threads that shows dual coils built on the RM2, I don't know how to link a thread or I would go search for it. Hopefully someone can do that for you.

Edit: on page 2 of forum threads "Wicking Tips RM2 having a little trouble" is the thread name.

Of course. The one thing I didn't do is search ecf for dual coil rm2's... lol. Alright, so it is possible. With a coil on each side of the rm2's posts, I would have to assume there is a need for a second air hole. I suppose I am not looking for drilling out a second hole on a $40 atomizer, but if nothing else comes through maybe I'll have to once I finally get it.

Thank you for your helpful direction.

I did also find a post where someone stacked two duals on top of each other. Maybe that's a possibility as well. So far, things are actually looking good for just buying a rm2.

supertrunker

Living sarcasm
ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Oct 12, 2012
Texas
You may want to consider a LP (low profile) Reo, because that will open up a lot more choices for you, like Cyclones with airflow control etc. It is almost inevitable that you will have to do some modding. Stacking coils on an RM2 is possible, but you'll still need to drill the airhole out a little.

A LP Reo has just had the catch cup milled down. I run a modified igo-w4 with dual coils on mine.

T

jkais3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA
You may want to consider a LP (low profile) Reo, because that will open up a lot more choices for you, like Cyclones with airflow control etc. It is almost inevitable that you will have to do some modding. Stacking coils on an RM2 is possible, but you'll still need to drill the airhole out a little.

A LP Reo has just had the catch cup milled down. I run a modified igo-w4 with dual coils on mine.

T

Does the milled down catch cup present any disadvantages vs a normal reo?

jkais3r

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Nov 30, 2013
Mankato, MN, USA
Only one that I can think of. If you over flow the atomizer it won't catch the juice in the cup. Shouldnt be a problem though after a day or 2 getting used to it.

Sent from my SM-N900T

By over-flow do you mean squeeze too hard and it moves too fast? Or do you mean fill way too much that it leaks out the air holes? Or something totally different?

patrao_n

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jul 16, 2013
United States
I mean when I first got my two I oversquonked for a day. Juice would drop out of the airhole. And because I was new I didn't even notice until my catch cup was spilling over. Once you get used to how hard and how many seconds to squonk you wont have that problem.
Oh and if you use a juice with lots of pg and little vg then use the reduced tube. It will prevent the juice from flowing too fast. Now I use 20pg 80vg. So its no longer needed. Just a heads up

Sent from my SM-N900T

Rmcgloth

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Apr 30, 2013
Sandy,or
+1 on the milled grand. I have tried a couple of dual coil rbas on it,with mixed success. One was a Helios clone the I converted to bf by slotting each side of the positive pin with a Dremel. Works ok, but the clone air holes just plain sucked. By the time I got them drilled in the right places, I had way too much air. Big clouds, no flavor. Another was an Igo w drilled on both sides, converted to bottom feed. I actually liked this setup, but it is too hard on batteries to take out of the house for extended periods. In all honesty, I got the same vapor and flavor from a twisted .07 ohm coil in an rm2, but with no leakes, a screw on cap, and ceramic base for a low, easy throat hit placement.
I would be interested to see responses on a trident converted to bf. it seems like one oft he best afc's out there.

ZeroOhms

ECF Veteran
Verified Member
Jan 9, 2014
Los Angeles, CA, USA
Juice well is handy for atomizer or cartomizer which uses air holes at the bottom. The air hole shares the same path on 510 connector as the juice flow. Hence the potential for overflow while squonking. If you are using RDA, you actually will need to sealed the base using an o-ring. Hence, very little chance of overflow and limited usage for the juice well.

As for dual coil RDA, as others mentioned, Cyclone has dual air holes along with three post deck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread